PDA

View Full Version : Busch Series on NASN

gary_580
26th February 2007, 13:06
According to the NASN site the Busch series is going to be shown live or as-live

Here’s the rundown on NASCAR Coverage for 2007

- NEXTEL CUP SERIES - Every race will air live or as-live on Setanta Sports Ireland and/or NASN 2 in the UK and Ireland throughout the racing season.

- BUSCH SERIES - Every race will air live or as-live on NASN in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics and/or NASN2 in the UK and Ireland throughout the racing season.

cgs
26th February 2007, 13:45
interesting. so they don't want the truck series then?

pwb
26th February 2007, 13:57

I suppose there is only so much schedule time that NASN / Setanta can find. I would expect most Busch races to be AS Live. Which to me is no problem - in fact it is great news :D

Abo
26th February 2007, 15:08
I suppose there is only so much schedule time that NASN / Setanta can find. I would expect most Busch races to be AS Live. Which to me is no problem - in fact it is great news :D

I can forsee a problem: if the Busch is shown As Live and not on the day the race runs, it might run *after* the Cup race. And they always mention the winner of the Busch race during the Cup race commentary...

RollingThunder
26th February 2007, 15:39
I can forsee a problem: if the Busch is shown As Live and not on the day the race runs, it might run *after* the Cup race. And they always mention the winner of the Busch race during the Cup race commentary...

Let's lighten up here folks. A week ago we were slating NASN and believing that we'd get far less NASCAR on the box this season. Now we're told we're getting twice as much on NASN as we had last season! To me that's a serious improvement...

Andrew C

acorn
26th February 2007, 16:36
yes, but back in 2004, when nasn was a stand alone channel, we had nextel cup and craftsman trucks for £9.99 a month so it's not that much of an improvement is it?

and while we could watch busch on motors for free now we have to pay for the privilege. ok, if you're already subscribing to setanta/nasn but extra cost if you're not. will the increase in nasn numbers equal the loss in motors(busch) viewers, i doubt it.

BobGarage
26th February 2007, 16:50
are they using the espn USA feed/commentators for this.

i started watching the daytona busch race the other night but had to turn it off because espn (USA)'s coverage is appauling.

cgs
26th February 2007, 17:11
well it was ESPN's first NASCAR race for quite a while so it will take them a while to get into a rhythm again.

hopefully by the time they take over the nextel cup races later in the year, the commentary team will have it nailed.

pwb
26th February 2007, 17:41

I doubt that will happen - AS LIVE usually means within 24 hours.

Daytona Demon
26th February 2007, 18:48
I am just grateful for the NASN coverage of NASCAR.

colinspooky
26th February 2007, 19:14

Yeah. Great. Ireland and Sky. Everyone else like me on Virgin/Telewest cable can bog off according to NASN.
Thanks a bunch - take my money for the last few years, and then toss me out with the rubbish when it suits you.

earnhardt8
26th February 2007, 19:31

Yes and so are we, it certainly beats squeezing round the PC on a Sunday evening .

pentti
26th February 2007, 20:23
I am just grateful for the NASN coverage of NASCAR.Me also.Better to send e-mail to NASN

jeffmr2
26th February 2007, 20:25
Totally awesome news,well done NASN.Think i'll phone them later and thank them for the coverage.

JovialJooles
26th February 2007, 20:35
Yep, I've fired off an email to them. It's a shame that we don't have the channels on VirginMedia, but for the moment I can watch on TVU.

I still think it's not on the main NASN channel so that once the sale has gone through Setanta can keep hold of NASCAR for the season. We'll have to wait and see.

It will be interesting if NASN does move to ESPN. Will SETANTA let all the SKY customers cancel their annual subscriptions I wonder?..

At least with VirginMedia you can subscribe monthly.

Julian

pwb
26th February 2007, 20:50
Yep, I've fired off an email to them. It's a shame that we don't have the channels on VirginMedia, but for the moment I can watch on TVU.

I still think it's not on the main NASN channel so that once the sale has gone through Setanta can keep hold of NASCAR for the season. We'll have to wait and see.

It will be interesting if NASN does move to ESPN. Will SETANTA let all the SKY customers cancel their annual subscriptions I wonder?..

Julian

My brother, in Manchester, phoned up Virgin about Setanta Ireland and CS said that they have had quite a number of calls but it was upto Virgin to get the channel on board but believes it will be difficult as Virgin are playing hardball at the moment and trying to cut costs.

JovialJooles
26th February 2007, 20:55
My brother, in Manchester, phoned up Virgin about Setanta Ireland and CS said that they have had quite a number of calls but it was upto Virgin to get the channel on board but believes it will be difficult as Virgin are playing hardball at the moment and trying to cut costs.

Yep, that's why we're losing SKY ONE, TWO, NEWS, etc on 1 March.

I emailed VirginMedia. We'll just have to see what they say.

Julian

gary_580
26th February 2007, 21:36
Yeah. Great. Ireland and Sky. Everyone else like me on Virgin/Telewest cable can bog off according to NASN.
Thanks a bunch - take my money for the last few years, and then toss me out with the rubbish when it suits you.

Errrm what are you talking about is says "Setanta Ireland AND/OR NASN2" I suspect you will find that it will be on Setanta 1 from the weekend with the Busch race as that is normally where NASN2 is shown

gary_580
26th February 2007, 21:38

Julian

Virgin Media have NASN2

I suspect its more liekly not on NASN as NASCAR have sold the rights to other channels in countries that recieve NASN.

gary_580
26th February 2007, 21:46
None of the Setanta channels show any evidence of this weeks Busch race on NASN2 yet, but then again neither does Setanta Ireland

gary_580
26th February 2007, 21:52
Errrm what are you talking about is says "Setanta Ireland AND/OR NASN2" I suspect you will find that it will be on Setanta 1 from the weekend with the Busch race as that is normally where NASN2 is shown

Well it did earlier today, not it says

"We are working on bringing the Nextel Cup to fans on cable TV in the UK "

to be honest i dont think they understand plain english

gary_580
26th February 2007, 22:02
I doubt that will happen - AS LIVE usually means within 24 hours.

The Busch race for this weekend in Mexico is not on NASN until Monday 4pm!! and last weeeknds Busch race will be As-live of Wednesday

pwb
26th February 2007, 22:47
The Busch race for this weekend in Mexico is not on NASN until Monday 4pm!! and last weeeknds Busch race will be As-live of Wednesday

Yes... the (Mexico) Busch race is on Sunday evening, so that is good with me. As they are not showing it LIVE Sunday night then the best time is early Monday evening (18 or 19 hrs after the race finishes). Is their a problem?

As to the California race - well they just signed the contract so that can't count.

Abo
27th February 2007, 09:49
Yes and so are we, it certainly beats squeezing round the PC on a Sunday evening .

Mine's wired up to the telly. Easy once I'd discovered the TV had to be set as the primary display. Coverage of the California race wasn't HD quality but it was good enough and I'm not bothered about it being crystal sharp.

Abo
27th February 2007, 09:51
and last weeeknds Busch race will be As-live of Wednesday

See, if you watched the Cup race you'll already know who won it...

JTK
27th February 2007, 12:26

Well, at least things are certainly better than they were a week ago with now guaranteed coverage of the Nextel Cup and Busch series on NASN this season, I hope they realise that people just wont put up with the uncertainty that went on prior to the last minute agreement.

Maybe Motors TV could pick up the Craftsman Truck Series, seems they now have very little else.

JovialJooles
28th February 2007, 23:49
received this from NASN today...

"I can confirm that NASN are currently working with Setanta Sports to establish what channel the NASCAR Nextel Cup series will be broadcast on to ensure that it is accessible to Virgin Media/NTL customers and it is NASN's intention to find a solution before Race 3 begins on Sunday 11th March 2007.

Please don't forget that NASN has also secured live and as-live coverage of the NASCAR Busch series, which you will be able to enjoy every week on NASN, which you can begin to watch straight away. All scheduling information for this, is available on our website.

NASN apologise for any inconvenience to your viewing of the season so far and assure you that it is our every intention to resolve this as quickly as possible. I would like to thank you very much for your patience whilst we address this issue.

Please continue to refer to the NASN website, http://www.nasn.com, where we will be announcing details of which channel(s) you will be able to watch the NASCAR Nextel Cup on, for the remainder of the 2007 season, as well as all the latest news, standings, results, scheduling. and further announcements about additional motor sport programming on NASN.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding the channel. We work very hard to please our subscribers and any customer feedback regarding the specific games, teams and events you are interested is passed to our programming and selection team for consideration.

You may also be interested to know that NASN has a Viewers' Choice feature for alternative sports broadcast on NASN, which enables our subscribers to vote for the game/event that they want to watch from time to time. You will find details on our website at www.nasn.com. (http://www.nasn.com/)

Rusty Spanner
1st March 2007, 15:41

You can still watch Mexico live via the free stream on Nascar.com.
Last of the 3 free streamed races this year.

acorn
1st March 2007, 17:15
for those who haven't checked their epg, i just noticed that the stater bros 300 busch race from california was on nasn today at 0600 and is also on tomorrow(friday)at 0900-1100.

pwb
2nd March 2007, 18:10
Note that NASN are from next week going to be showing NASCAR NOW the news prog. :D

Suddenly loads of NASCAR!

Great stuff NASN

Bev_Alvin
4th March 2007, 17:37
Hi
The busch races are on NASN Sky channel 417 first race as live at 4.00pm Monday 05/03/07 . this is via the Sky EPG and I have set it to record on my Sky+.

acorn
4th March 2007, 17:59
make sure to add a bit manually just in case ;)

gary_580
4th March 2007, 19:49
You can still watch Mexico live via the free stream on Nascar.com.
Last of the 3 free streamed races this year.

I did, the sound was fine but the picture were horiffic, not enough bandwidth so was a series of frozen pictures

Rusty Spanner
5th March 2007, 09:34
I did, the sound was fine but the picture were horiffic, not enough bandwidth so was a series of frozen pictures

Thats unfortunate.
Worked fine for me with no freezing at all.
The only glitch was when the commentators said "as you can see at home.." and someone at espn promptly pulled the plug leaving static for 30 seconds or so.

Rocsta
5th March 2007, 09:41
I watched it on espn360.com which was much better than the nascar feed, it looked perfectly acceptable with the laptop hooked up to my plasma :up:

pentti
5th March 2007, 20:29
I watched it on espn360.com which was much better than the nascar feed, it looked perfectly acceptable with the laptop hooked up to my plasma :up: Me too. I agree.

JovialJooles
5th March 2007, 22:25
Thanks for the heads up on espn360.com.

I will try that next week.

Julian ;)

gary_580
6th March 2007, 12:04
Looks like the Busch Race from Vegas is not going to be aired until Tuesday. So you'll already know the result if you seen the cup race (assuming your not on cable that is!!)

Cant NASN do anything that makes any sense!!

Abo
6th March 2007, 12:55
Hate to say 'I told you so', but...

pwb
6th March 2007, 13:58
Looks like the Busch Race from Vegas is not going to be aired until Tuesday. So you'll already know the result if you seen the cup race (assuming your not on cable that is!!)

Cant NASN do anything that makes any sense!!

It is only going to be the odd race - particularly during March and April as the schedules were already in place prior to the signing up of Busch. This weekend is indeed unforunate but the week after is fine (ie Sunday morning airing). NASN schedules are just very busy at the moment.

Chigley
6th March 2007, 14:08
Do we have a television viewing forum??? :(

Dave17
6th March 2007, 15:18
Yep, this one.....apparently! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/indifferent0009.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

gary_580
6th March 2007, 20:43
It is only going to be the odd race - particularly during March and April as the schedules were already in place prior to the signing up of Busch. This weekend is indeed unforunate but the week after is fine (ie Sunday morning airing). NASN schedules are just very busy at the moment.

What with college basketball!! its going to get a sight busier once the stanley cup starts and the baseball season starts