-----------------------------
12-14 February 2010
RBR MF Cup Season 2 - Round 4

Rules
-----
Open to WRC, S2000, N4-N1 and A7-A5 cars
Tyre choice is free for all stages
Pacenotes - Audio only, not visual
One SuperRally per leg, 3min penalty for each SuperRally used.

Stages
------
Leg 1
SS1 - Lyon-Gerland (SuperSpecial) - Mod: Normal - Weather: Clear - 0.7km
SS2 - Noiker (Japan) - Mod: Tar - Weather: Clear - 13.8km
SS3 - Pirka Menoko II (Japan) - Mod: Tar - Weather: Bad - 6.7km

Leg 2
SS4 - Harwood Forest (England) - Mod: Tar - Weather: Cloudy Damp - 6.1km
SS5 - Hualapai Nation (USA) - Mod: Tar - Weather: Clear - 8.6km
SS6 - La-Iglesuela (BTB) - Mod: Normal - Weather: Clear - 8.6km

Leg 3
SS7 - San-Marcial (BTB) - Mod: Normal - Weather: Clear - 2.4km
SS8 - East-West II (Australia) - Mod: Tar - Weather: Cloudy Damp - 9.6km
SS9 - Rally School (England) - Mod: Tar - Weather: Cloudy Damp - 2.2km

Total Distance - 58.7km

Entries
-------
Send your entries to BruceD by PM or by email to [email:2rxucvh2]rbrmfcup@gmail.com[/email:2rxucvh2] Entry info as follows: Name, Country, Team, Car.

Submitting times
----------------
Start each stage using the "RSRBR2009" button under the "play alone" section, do your stage. The time will be recorded in the window at the bottom of RsCenter. If its not recorded, you did something wrong. Use "public sessions" tab and "Go" button for BTB stages.

Once you have completed the stages you wish to do, select the File menu and click on "Save times" The times are saved to your RBR directory under the folder "MyTimes". Once you have done all the stages, send all your html files to [email:2rxucvh2]rbrmfcup@gmail.com[/email:2rxucvh2] to be scored. Please note that more than 1 html file can be submitted so you don't have to do all the stages at one time.

Entries open immediately. Rally and entries close at midnight Tuesday 16th February 2010

lcd
8th February 2010, 06:43
Time for some action again! ;)
Schedule looks Interesting;Looking forward to this!
Asphalt's not my favourite, but I have to get as many points as possible...

NeverKnow
8th February 2010, 10:15
Looks like a good rally. I am hoping for a solid result to keep my championship hopes alive.

Francis44
8th February 2010, 12:09
It will be nice to drive on Tarmac, and I will have to push since I may have to skip a round or two. If I score as many points as possible I will still be able to finish the championship in a good position.

Usually most drivers are faster on Tarmac than they are on gravel. So, atleast for me, Im going blind because I dont know what to expect from other drivers.

I think I might do a few tests here and there before the start of the rally.

Bruce D
8th February 2010, 13:01
I think this may be the rally that upsets the apple cart a bit, so to speak.

So far 4 definte entries, 5 if I count NeverKnow.

In other news GRACE Motorsport has now expanded to include Paul Minnaar, hopefully for the rest of the season. This will also be the last event I do with a WRC this season before turning my attention to S2000 cars with a view to doing well in the SAIRC later this year.

tannat
8th February 2010, 13:03
Have had the opportunity to do some testing on tarmac-looking forward to this one.

Uncertain what to drive-the Subaru seems so ultra stable and easy to drive compared to the rest. Curious if the rest of you feel the same....

Macd
8th February 2010, 17:08
La-Iglesuela is the worst stage I have ever driven. In fact it is the worst 3rd party mod I have ever used, the modelling is like driving through a stage made completely of right angles, you can hit trees from 2ft away and the notes are shocking.

Bruce D
9th February 2010, 05:51
You complain about the same thing every time I put in a BTB stage, Macd. I'm beginning to think it's pointless having the extra stages and just use the old ones in different mods in future. Certainly I will avoid them in the SAIRC.

NeverKnow
9th February 2010, 09:22
Tannat, in theory Subarus should be more stable compared to others due to boxer engine and they sort of are. As long as you keep away from the S14 because someone decided to give it shorter suspension parts and it limits where and how the car can be used. Though most manufacturers are trying to make 50/50 perfect weight distribution cars with stable and neutral handling.

I think BTB stages are not pointless. I can agree that some of them are not so well made as the others but some are very good even if you compare them to the original stages of RBR.
About the notes, it is actually very hard for the track maker to guess what kind of notes will the users use on those stages. The are so many pacenote styles, some favour easy and short notes (like just 3 right 100 4 left etc), others prefer more complex ones (like 3 right 100 keep right 4 left don't cut long tightens). And it depends also what kind of system the track builder is used to. So it is not possible to make notes that everyone is ok with.
I'm just happy that people make stages for RBR and keep RBR alive even when other rally titles have come out, well it is 5 and a half years old at the moment and compared to other games/sims it is ancient.

lcd
9th February 2010, 09:28
...I think BTB stages are not pointless. I can agree that some of them are not so well made as the others but some are very good even if you compare them to the original stages of RBR...

Same here.

Macd
9th February 2010, 17:26
You complain about the same thing every time I put in a BTB stage, Macd. I'm beginning to think it's pointless having the extra stages and just use the old ones in different mods in future. Certainly I will avoid them in the SAIRC.

I think perhaps you are slightly exaggerating here. I have complained about two stages. This one and mount herman. Mabye you should drive the stages before picking them?

About the notes, it is actually very hard for the track maker to guess what kind of notes will the users use on those stages. The are so many pacenote styles, some favour easy and short notes (like just 3 right 100 4 left etc), others prefer more complex ones (like 3 right 100 keep right 4 left don't cut long tightens). And it depends also what kind of system the track builder is used to. So it is not possible to make notes that everyone is ok with.

I agree. But being lazy and calling every corner a 4 left/right is stupid.

Bruce D
10th February 2010, 05:52
Mabye you should drive the stages before picking them?

Gee, thanks, I already run around all day doing my real job, get home and help my wife sort out our child and supper and house work, and then still have to find time to do my rally runs and I use up all my breaks at work doing stuff for the rallies, but don't worry, I'll stay up until 2 in the morning checking my routes.

I spent enough time before the season started sorting out which stages went where and doing studying into what I could do on what rallies - it took me 2 weeks to sort out properly.

And how am I supposed to tell if you won't like them or not? According to me and others here there is nothing wrong with the consistency of the Mount Herman notes, but you find big problems with them, so how can I judge even if I did find time to drive them beforehand?

If others have a problem with the way things are run here, please say so, either here or in a PM. I use up too much of my precious (to me) free time on this series to be not doing what people want. I've even increased my load by introducing the SAIRC because people wanted more rallies to do inbetween events. I was planning a fun event late in Feb too. But if I'm doing it wrong then please say so, cos right now I'm really pissed off.

lcd
10th February 2010, 07:14
Everyone around here appreciates your effort with the series Bruce! ;)
Don't think Macd has bad Intentions...
Each round's schedule Is very well planned, and even If there are a couple
Issues with some tracks or pace notes, that shouldn't spoil the fun...
It's all about having fun afterall, Isn't It?

Bruce D
10th February 2010, 08:07
I don't think bad intentions were intended either, it's just frustrating.

lcd
10th February 2010, 08:57
OK, back to topic...I think this round will have some tight battles between
LCD,Macd,Sperger and BruceD!
I also hope to watch a duel between Francis and NeverKnow, unless there will be some huge surprises!
Things are hot, at the bottom too..!

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/PorChamp.jpg

P.S. It's great using the RSRBR mod, as I have found a new meaning to the game...
Been playing the default stages so many years, thought there wasn't anything more to expect form the game!
But now, thanks to those surface and weather settings feel I've found a new motive to love It even more! ;)
(Though It's got a bit more difficult... :D )

Bruce D
10th February 2010, 10:55
There are some surprises coming in this entry list for this event, just waiting for OMV to submit their entries and then I'll post it up.

Macd
10th February 2010, 16:49
There are some surprises coming in this entry list for this event, just waiting for OMV to submit their entries and then I'll post it up.

Ok Im sorry if it seemed i was having a go at you. :D

We are deciding cars at the minute so entrys should be in soon.

Bruce D
11th February 2010, 05:52
No worries Macd. :D

Yeah, got your entries, I'll be posting something just now.

Bruce D
11th February 2010, 06:02
Here we go, the entry list.

Haven't heard from Aaron yet, so we may or may not get another entry.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/CorEntry.jpg

Bruce D
11th February 2010, 06:07
On another topic, I've been giving this team's championship some thought and it must be said that the current system is a bit stupid. So I'm making a proposal that instead of counting the results only if 2 people finish, we change it to the following - Points are earned by the overall positions of the best 2 finishers for the team. That means that if only 1 member finishes they still get points. There is still no limit to the amount of entries a team can make. If we did it this way, this is how the championship would look:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/TeamProposal.jpg

I'm not one for changing rules midway through the season, but I think this one makes more sense and as you can see GRACE does not benefit from it. All in favour?

NeverKnow
11th February 2010, 09:06
I support changing point scoring for the team championship. The new system would be more realistic and everyone can have the benefit of getting more points for their team.

Bruce D
11th February 2010, 10:45
It also brings more teams into the equation, rather than a 2-way event.

sperger
11th February 2010, 19:53
I'm looking forward to this. There are some good runs included. About the tracks: I'm having more trouble with the gravel tracks driving the tarmac mod because though you can go faster, the bumps are lethal and I haven't got a clue how to set up the car for each run. Not a problem, I'll just go L for leather and hope for the best as I usually do. The two mount herman tracks and L'iglesuela were all created with the zaxxon method for BTB and one of the scripts used generates the pace notes automatically. They all appear to have used it because most of the calls are less severe than the corners so I find myself thinking medium when I hear fast and K when I hear medium etc. There is a new version of L'iglesuela in the pipeline so hopefully that version will be finished. I don't know how many of you use BTB but the range of pace notes is quite narrow. I often think when I am adding pace notes to a track that the basic calls don't tell enough of the story but I don't know if that's a limitation of BTB or of the original game.

Bruce D
12th February 2010, 06:00
Did all my runs last night in one hit! Yeah the Japan stages are really tricky, but that USA stage was surprisingly beautiful to drive. Ah, forgotten how nice it was to drive a S2000 car! Had a few spins and one superrally on East West. Got lucky earlier in the stage when I went over a bank and straight between trees, but then later spun and hit more trees sideways and the car wouldn't restart. I guess I damaged something. Overall I'm happy with my run, some of the stages were nicer than I thought they would be. As for L'iglesuela, well, yes Macd, you are right, the pacenotes start off well but then about halfway through they lose consistency and get muddled a bit. But San-Marcial is lovely, very well done and the notes were fine, maybe 1 wrong call in the whole stage.

Sperger, I have played with BTB a bit and do fine the pacenotes thing very tricky to include. Certainly it's very difficult to judge what a corner grade is in BTB, it's better to drive the stage and make the notes first and then include them afterwards.

How's the Cloeclanog (spell?) stage idea going BTW?

lcd
12th February 2010, 06:50
Did my rally too, and It wasn't a good one... :(
Had many bad moments, especially In Japan stages because of those
lethal bumbs. The US and Australian stages were awesome Indeed!
La-Iglesuela was kind of funny;those uphills and downhills seemed a bit
too much for me! No super rallies used, but I barely finished In a couple
of stages, as I suffered from engine high temprature.
Overall a frustrating, but enjoyable event!

Good luck to those still running!

P.S. Bruce, I hope you mean 'covered dump' Instead of 'cloudy dump' In weather settings for ss4, 8, and 9...

sperger
12th February 2010, 08:45
You two are quick off the mark :) . I think I'll get round to mine over the weekend.

Clocaenog is going OK. I've got all of my roads mapped - all 24 of them. Some parts will look familiar to people who have played RC but as I'm basing it on how the roads are now it is likely to be quite different for the most part. I'm waiting for the 0.9 update of BTB before I go any further with it so I'm finishing off my imaginary track in the meantime. I think that judging by how things have gone so far, I should have a driveable version ready for testing a couple of months after the release of 0.9 if anyone is interested in test driving it.

Bruce D
12th February 2010, 11:15
I think you'll find some very interested test drivers here.

@LCD, yeah I meant Covered damp, not cloudy. Typo.

Macd
12th February 2010, 16:48
Crap. I have done Harwood forest in dry weather.... can I go back and do it again?

Bruce D
13th February 2010, 13:22
Yeah, do it again, but just one run. ;)

Macd
13th February 2010, 15:41
Day 1 :
SS1: Stage one went well with no drama.
SS2: Wonderful stage to drive. I had a scary moment when I hit a crest that I had missed on the recce sending the car into a 200km/h 6th gear spin :O Fortunately there were no trees and after spinning 360 degrees we continued on our way with no damage. This must have broken my concentration as we came into a 2Left I cut a wee bit too much and the car slid onto its side, but again no real damage so we were luck to get away with that. I took it fairly easy in this stage because we need a good finish to keep our title hopes alive.
SS3: This stage went quite poorly. We were caught out by the rain and spent more time on the grass than on the stage. 3 spins in quick succession will have dropped us down a few places. But no real damage from the spins other than having to wait for spectators in the first spin because of the wet grass. Today went well with nice stages and fast roads, hoping for more of the same tomorrow.
Day 2:
SS4: Very slippery stage, had a 4th gear spin right at the end. I never seemed to get into a rhythm with the car on this stage and found myself fighting with it constantly.
SS5: Brilliant stage very fast and flowing and massive jumps. Had a moment early in the stage as we took a massive slide into a corner then about 1km from the end in a flat out 6th gear series of jumps the car speared off into the grass and rolled twice. Was a massive accident but we managed to finish the stage without a superrally and get the car repaired at service.
Day 3:
SS6: What can I say about this stage that I haven’t already? :P I managed to avoid the invisible trees and set what I thought was a cautious time.
SS7: Went well, short stage so nothing to report.
SS8: Not a stage that went well for me, After picking up front right suspension damage about 5k’s in I had to tip-toe through the bumps at least we didn’t have to superrally.
SS9: Again another short stage, I gave it 100% and hoped for the best.

Overall a good rally although I think the problems in East-West and Pirka Menoko II ruled us out with a chance of the win; we just need to hope that others have had problems. I’m just glad to finish this rally and score points for both myself and OMV Redbull.

NeverKnow
14th February 2010, 11:01
Finished my rally. I don't expect much from it but every point is valuable. Here is a short summary how things went well
for me:

On the first stage I tried to go as fast as I could and probably broke left wheel rims when I hit the sidewalk when going over the finish line sideways.
On the next one I tried to keep it clean but was caught out twice at the high speed section. First one I hit a bump I
hadn't noticed before and ended up on the grass but no damage done to the car and I continued. The other one was near
the end of the stage when suddenly I lost rear traction and I really had to struggle to keep it on the road. Maybe lost
about 10 seconds due to those incidents.
On SS3 I tried to push as much as I could but really didn't like this stage. Didn't find good rhytm either, too twisty
and narrow for my taste.

SS4 was ok but I took easy over the bumps because if you make mistake over those you could easily end up in the scenery.
Hualapai Nation was actually very good stage and reminded me stages on Rally Germany. Though I could have been faster if
I had done recce for this event.
SS6 I tried to survive first part of the stage but I actually liked the latter part of it - fast and flowing.

San-Marcial was good also but didn't quite get the hairpins right.
SS8 was a good tarmac stage. Very fast at places but took it safe to make sure I would finish the event.
Last stage was ok as well, didn't push and tried to reach the finish.

Overall glad I finished but I don't know how well I've done time wise. Will post some media later if I get the time.

NeverKnow
14th February 2010, 13:04
Some pictures: 1, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally002.jpg) 2, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally001.jpg) 3, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally003.jpg) 4, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally004.jpg) 5, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally005.jpg) 6, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally006.jpg) 7, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally007.jpg) 8, (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Corsican%20Rally/Rally008.jpg)
And some incar videos: SS1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqf_Of9iCoU), SS8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICMBis0YdI) and SS9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiVXFcXEZQ).

Bruce D
15th February 2010, 05:53
Cool, got times from Macd and NeverKnow and myself so far. Keep 'em coming...

Bruce D
15th February 2010, 06:03
NeverKnow, looking at your stage times I'd say your concept of "taking it easy" it quite different to the rest of us! :p

Bruce D
15th February 2010, 08:18
Got Paul's times now too. This is looking like an interesting leaderboard already.

Macd
15th February 2010, 17:16
When can we expect the results Bruce?

tannat
15th February 2010, 18:27

I hope to submit my times tonight, after the little ones and wife are in bed....

sperger
15th February 2010, 20:55
I've just got the third leg to run so I will have mine up tonight as well.

sperger
15th February 2010, 22:43
I've just sent in my results. Driving the S2000 suits me better I think but I'm a bit miffed at it's total inability to go in first gear on grass when i take my many trips into the scenery.

First leg was not too bad on the whole. I managed my fastest time on lyon Gerland so far so I'm quite pleased with that. Noiker was like driving a speed boat on a rough sea with all of the bouncing around. I decided after finding a lot of magnetic trees on my first run throughs that I had better take it easy, so I did - sort of. I thought I was going alright till i went off into some grass and lost 15 seconds trying to get the thing to move. after that I thought it better to stay on the road. Pirka 2 was quite good for me. I managed another fastest time and it wasn't too bumpy. On the whole I quite enjoyed it.

Leg 2 started well then went downhill fast. I enjoyed the first third of harwood but not the rest. I trashed my car last time I drove Hulapai so knowing that it was going to be very bumpy I took it easy and got back in one piece. La Iglesuela was a complete disaster for me I lost concentration on a fast left that wasn't and plowed into some trees. I didn't get my marbles back till the end but by then the car was coughing and spluttering with a burst tyre and oil and steam coming out of every orifice.

Leg 3 - Now or never time. I decided to have a quick run through the stages as I had never driven East west 2 or school on tar before. I think I did EW2 in about 9 minutes and didn't even finish the school so I thought I had better drive them both slowly. I did another best time on San Marcial which I found a bit laggy but a very good stage nonetheless. I just misjudged the final hairpin and ended up going very wide through the trees over the finish. EW2 went very well for me. I didn't go off once and despite driving like my mum I managed a best time. I thought that was worth keeping so I drove carefully through school. Overall I'm quite pleased with this rally but I'll be glad to get back to gravel.

Bruce D
16th February 2010, 06:23

Just waiting for results for LCD and Tannat and then I'll post them up. If we're lucky it'll be by the end of today, otherwise tomorrow some time.

Bruce D
16th February 2010, 10:32
Right, got LCD's times so now it's just Tannat and I should have those by tomorrow morning.

Bruce D
16th February 2010, 13:44
Right, Tannat has asked and been granted a 24 hour time extension due to personal reasons. So just wait a little longer guys.

tannat
16th February 2010, 15:21
Apologies to all, guys.

I have to do my gaming in the 'wee hours' as my life doesn't allow it during 'normal' hours, and sometimes I am just positively thrashed and have to sleep.

I appreciate everyone's understanding...

sperger
16th February 2010, 18:23
I know what you mean, no problem from me.

Bruce D
17th February 2010, 10:16
Tannat's times are in so I'll post them a little later on.

Bruce D
17th February 2010, 12:03
NeverKnow became the most successful driver in RBR MF Cup history by winning the Corsican Rally. This gave him his 3rd career win.

The short stage 1 threw up some surprise results, Macd winning the stage and taking a 0.25sec lead... over Tannat! However stage 2 sorted out the running order a bit better with Macd maintaining his lead by winning the stage again, with NeverKnow up to second, just 0.68sec ahead of GRACE's new recruit Paul Minnar and Francis44 a further 4sec behind.

Stage 3 caused a surprise when BruceD managed to set 2nd quickest time behind NeverKnow. In fact this was a S2000 stage as Sperger was also mixing it with the WRC cars. Leader Macd lost 52sec on this stage and therefore dropped to 3rd overall behind NeverKnow and Paul. He closed back the gap to Paul slightly on SS4, but SS5 changed the leaderboard around again, Francis44 taking the fastest time and moving to 2nd overall with Macd 3rd and Paul dropping to 4th.

A bad time on SS6 meant Francis44 dropped to 4th behind NeverKnow, Macd and Paul. Another bad time on SS7 dropped him further behind, however a demon run on SS8 moved him back up to 2nd overall, just 0.81sec ahead of Paul. Macd's challenged ended with a bad time on SS8, but the fight for 2nd was resolved on the final stage when Paul spun, losing too much time. Further down the field a Superrally on SS8 and a big time stuck off the road on SS9 meant that BruceD lost the S2000 class battle to Sperger by just over 9sec.

The championship is now dead level once again (what is it going to take to seperate these two?), while OMV pulled further ahead in the teams championship.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/CorResults.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/CorStagetimes.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/Champoverall.jpg

Bruce D
17th February 2010, 12:04
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/Champteams.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/ChampWRC.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/ChampS2000.jpg

PLEASE NOTE!!! The results book will be posted at a later stage, having technical difficulties uploading it.

lcd
17th February 2010, 12:30
Hey, this championship Is set on fire! :)
Gongrats to all-Great performance from almost everyone
participated this round! It wasn't an easy one!
Everything Is open for the next round, so see you In Greece! ;)

Bruce D
17th February 2010, 13:38
Paul writes:

‘I had some off’s in some of the runs, but generally they all went good with me taking good note not to run bumps too hard, and then attack everywhere else.

Big pity is that I over ran a care left in East West, went down a bank and had to call for assitance – that lost me some time and I suspect a good showing in that stage as I thought I was flying.

The two runs that dissapointed me so much was Hualapai Nation and Rally School as we all know the stages so well.

In Nation I got a bump all wrong and nearly totalled my car, managed to creep it across the line and then in School I made a silly mistake that cost me big time on the fast left – into the grass and battled to get out. We all lose time here and there, but it’s the silly mistakes in places that mistakes should not be made that I cannot excuse.

Great drive everyone, well done to Neverknow and Francis – what a champ its turning out to be for you two.

But I enjoyed the tar, it was fun. The bumps with tar setup do not go hand in hand. The amount of practice that had to be put in was more than normal.’

Bruce D
17th February 2010, 13:42
Right, Mediafire have changed their procedures which means my brilliant work internet connection won't upload stuff. So, if you want a copy of the results book, either email me or PM me and I'll send it to you via email. It's about 1mb in size so shouldn't kill people's inboxes.

Bruce D
17th February 2010, 13:46
Hey, this championship Is set on fire! :)
Gongrats to all-Great performance from almost everyone
participated this round! It wasn't an easy one!
Everything Is open for the next round, so see you In Greece! ;)

It is great, isn't it? I mean there's a battle for 1st, 3rd and 5th in the championship right now and none of them are predictable.

But truth be told, Macd's pace is worrying me. One day you're going to get a whole rally right and be miles ahead! ;)

Macd
17th February 2010, 14:04
But truth be told, Macd's pace is worrying me. One day you're going to get a whole rally right and be miles ahead! ;)

:D

NeverKnow
17th February 2010, 14:25
I am happy with the results for me and for my team. But I'm not happy with my performance, I'm too inconsistent. I try to do some extra testing on gravel before the next event to find some extra speed on some of the stages.
The car never gave me any problems but due the limitation in suspension setup I'll switch back to S12 for the remainder of the season until someone fixes the suspension.
Championship look very close and it could go down the wire. It is nice to see some good action for the rest of the field as well as 3rd and 4th are separated by only one point and 5th to 8th have only two point between them. Next rally starts basicly from square one for me so I'm hoping to do well there.

Bruce could you please send me the result book?

tannat
17th February 2010, 15:18
SS1-Bit of a Mickey Mouse stage-but at least it shows I'm not a total klutz at this game :D

SS2-This was like a paved Safari stage. I did no suspension tuning other than sway bars and steering, and my time shows it. Needed a bit more compliance...

SS3-Recce would have helped on this one. Challenging...

SS4-See SS2 comments. Applicable here as well. Think I overshot a junction

SS5-SS2 comments again. Had a spin at the end. Car was a bit darty at the high speeds.

SS6-Pleased with time on this stage. Could have gone faster. Surface had absolutely no grip

SS7-Car a bit darty and nervous. I need to work on setups.

SS8-I like this stage, but played it safe, especially on the decreasing radius turns with drop offs..

SS9-Pleased with time. Some bump compliance would have helped...

QUERY-On at least three stages my engine would shut off, and take some time to restart despite the fact the car was 100% undamaged.

Any input on how to deal with this? It was quite frustrating..

Cheers,

Tannat

tannat
17th February 2010, 15:32
I'd be remiss if I did not acknowledge NeverKnow's kind and detailed assistance.

Thanks, mate! :up:

Francis44
17th February 2010, 17:55
Good run everyone, congrats to all participants.

It was a good run for me, the speed was there but I made too many mistakes.
I still haven't figured out why but the C4 WRC likes to stall on me, perhaps this could be caused by my driving but I have some doubts seeing this only happens with this car. I was getting frustrated because the car stalled like 2 times on me in just one stage.
That was not the only problem, lack of knowledge in BTB and some others stages made me go easy sometimes, when I started to get confident a bump or a spin ruined my runs.

I will have to go flatout now, If NeverKnow pushes away then it's over for me, and I really want to have a good result in the championship.

sperger
17th February 2010, 20:18
Congratulations Neverknow, francis and paul for the podiums, thanks for everyone else for a good race and especially thanks to Bruce for all of the work that you do.

Bruce D
18th February 2010, 05:59
Sperger, did you find the S2000 had lots of grip on SS3? I thought it was amazing while driving in there, thinking the surface should be slippery but the grip was really good. Or was that just the Peugeot?

Bruce D
18th February 2010, 05:59
I'd be remiss if I did not acknowledge NeverKnow's kind and detailed assistance.

Thanks, mate! :up:

AH HA!!!!

The truth of your new-found speed comes out!

Seriously though, it was a good event for you, but it was a tricky one, so the next one should be a better way of getting up to speed.

lcd
18th February 2010, 09:01
QUERY-On at least three stages my engine would shut off...

That hapenned to me a couple of times too... :mad:

EDIT:
There are some pretty advanced controls in this game, for one thing you have to start your engine,
and there is an option for a clutch too, they have added gear protection and clutch help,
so you wont blow your engine by dropping down through your gears to fast.

I have all 3 of them set off, for some more realistic feeling! ;)

lcd
18th February 2010, 09:23
Check your settings In main menu:

OPTIONS -> GEARS:

Neutral Lock: On/Off
Gear Protection: On/Off
Clutch Help: On/Off

Bruce, are those settings free to use or not, during this season?
Please post a rules update! I've been suffering from engine shut offs
almost In every round! Am I the only one (along with Tannat) having gears assists set Off? :uhoh:

sperger
18th February 2010, 10:50
Sperger, did you find the S2000 had lots of grip on SS3? I thought it was amazing while driving in there, thinking the surface should be slippery but the grip was really good. Or was that just the Peugeot?

I did actually, the road didn't seem wet at all but then again I found that the grip was very good throughout the rally. While I was doing a bit of testing I tried a run of Cote D'arbroz and was amazed at the grip and stability compared to WRC cars that I had driven previously. The only things I found disconcerting were the cars inability to move after going off road and the cars stability over jumps. God help me if we do Mineshaft :)

By the way, hanks for the results book, I'll have a look when I get home

NeverKnow
18th February 2010, 11:50
...Am I the only one (along with Tannat) having gears assists set Off? :uhoh:
You are not the only one. I have also set all the option to off, though keep in mind I use mainly a steering wheel and manual gear selection. It also gives me extra control when driving at the limit and some extra braking power on a slippery surface.
I have not experienced these stalling issues that you guys mentioned, the only way my car engine stalls is because I usually have stuffed up, like blocking the wheels under heavy braking or in a hairpin if I don't have enough forward momentum and I don't engage the clutch.
If you are using the autobox there is a chance that the gearbox could get confused if you are driving slowly or if certain conditions are met (like car pinned between trees and shaking very violently :D ) and won't engage clutch when needed resulting the engine to stall.
Other than that I cannot think of a reason why the engine should stall just like that.

Bruce D
18th February 2010, 11:59
All 3 of those rules are free for anyone to use, but I have all 3 off and it works fine for me. Mind you I'm still running RSRBR09.

I agree with NeverKnow, there is no real logical reason why those problems happened. I had a wierd one on this rally, on the RallySchool going through the T-Junction right, as the front of the car hooked the ditch on the inside I noticed the engined stalled, but because I was moving forward and full throttle powering out of the car it fired straight away, but why it stalled in the first place I don't know. I've been through that corner enough times to know it never happened before. Maybe it was a tar thing?

tannat
18th February 2010, 20:47
Worth requesting the results book.

Seeing the intermediate times puts everything into good perspective..

Thanks for the hard work, Bruce :up:

lcd
19th February 2010, 08:52
...the only way my car engine stalls is because I usually have stuffed up, like blocking the wheels under heavy braking or in a hairpin if I don't have enough forward momentum and I don't engage the clutch.

Exactly that's what hapenning to me!

Bruce D
19th February 2010, 09:57
Something I've gotten used to from the S2000 cars is just braking for the hairpin and then as I'm using the handbrake to spin the car around I leave the foot brake and stab the clutch while flooring the throttle again. It gets the revs back up and for when you let go of the handbrake. It all happens rather quickly but once you get used to it it's not that complicated.

It can be risky though cos it means you have to get your braking right and scrub off enough speed before you enter the hairpin, you can be braking still while taking it.

NeverKnow
19th February 2010, 10:30
Exactly that's what hapenning to me!
If that's the case then there is no need to worry about that. Just work on your driving technic and you should be alright. :)