View Full Version : The Great Global Arms Bazaar

steve_spackman
8th February 2010, 03:08
“The military industrial complex” is thriving

interesting read....

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17400

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2010, 03:45
Steve, this is NOTHING new. The best thing I can say is governments can choose NOT to spend money on Arms, and choose to. As prudent capitalists, Arm's makers wont discourage them. The problem isn't with the seller, it the problem is with the USER.....and if you note there are many reasons to rearm, but in the most obvious example of Taiwan, China wont leave this notion alone that they should be part of the People's Republic, despite the reality that no one in Taiwan WANTS that, and while Taiwan is building up, they are NOT going to be doing anything on the offensive side to attack anyone, so basically the PRC just is having a hissy fit. Again, legitimate security concerns is not gratituious, it is just the reality of staying alive in a dangerous world.

Hondo
8th February 2010, 05:10
“The military industrial complex” is thriving

interesting read....

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17400

What is so interesting about it? Exactly what is it about the military industrial complex that frightens you? What evil or dark deeds do you accuse them of? Funny how nobody has anything to say about the military medical complex. Theres nothing like an almost endless supply of causualties to spur medical innovation and discovery. The military industrial complex led to moon landings, exploration of other planets, civillian nuclear power, jet air travel and all kinds of cool stuff.

I've got no problem with it.

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2010, 05:22
What is so interesting about it? Exactly what is it about the military industrial complex that frightens you? What evil or dark deeds do you accuse them of? Funny how nobody has anything to say about the military medical complex. Theres nothing like an almost endless supply of causualties to spur medical innovation and discovery. The military industrial complex led to moon landings, exploration of other planets, civillian nuclear power, jet air travel and all kinds of cool stuff.

I've got no problem with it.

AS I said to Steve, it isn't the people making the arms that are the ones who are evil, it is the nation states that keep buying them up and then using on their own population and/or their neighbours. Typical of the left, they see the supplier as the evil one, (drug dealers are evil right?) but the capitalists grasp that there is no game if the buyer isn't motivated. (take the kids off crack and they wont use it, and the dealer goes out of business.)

Supply and demand, whether it is legal businesses like making arms, illegal businesses like selling dope, you eliminate the demand, there is no money in the supply...

Hondo
8th February 2010, 19:51
It's just spackman being spackman.

anthonyvop
9th February 2010, 01:14
Apparently a countries desire to defend itself is evil in some people's eyes.

Mark in Oshawa
9th February 2010, 01:47
Apparently a countries desire to defend itself is evil in some people's eyes.

It can be...or it can be legitimate. Taiwan buying arms speaks to your point Tony....But some other nation buying arms to then use against its own people or a neighbouring nation is evil in many cases. Selling arms to terrorists definately is....which of course is why Iran has ZERO crediblility with me when they fund Hezbollah and supply it with some pretty decent equipment....