PDA

View Full Version : Caprica

Sonic
7th February 2010, 18:54
Anyone else following the new series from the BSG universe?

Caught the pilot the other day and I may be hooked.

Jag_Warrior
7th February 2010, 20:04
I've been watching it, and so far, I like it pretty well. I think it's worth following. IMO, it's MUCH better than Stargate Universe (which I probably won't watch when it comes back)... and I was a HUGE SG-1 fan.

Sonic
7th February 2010, 20:30
So with you on SG-U. It was poor but I had planned to stick it out till the end of season one to see if it went anywhere. But this break (God knows why they did it) has shown me how little it bothered me that it wasn't on so I shan't be watching when/if it returns.

As for Caprica. How far are you into it? The pilot showed last week over here.

Jag_Warrior
7th February 2010, 20:35
Episode 3 was on Friday night. It sounded like you hadn't seen it, that's why I didn't let anything slip out. ;)

I got distracted while watching it, so I'm going to watch all the episodes again on DVR. One thing bothered me about Episode 2, but I think it's pretty good overall. I wasn't a huge BSG fan, but I liked it well enough. So it's great to get the background.

Sonic
7th February 2010, 21:04
Episode 3 was on Friday night. It sounded like you hadn't seen it, that's why I didn't let anything slip out. ;)

I got distracted while watching it, so I'm going to watch all the episodes again on DVR. One thing bothered me about Episode 2, but I think it's pretty good overall. I wasn't a huge BSG fan, but I liked it well enough. So it's great to get the background.

Thanks for avoiding spoilers!

I LOVED BSG so I guess its no surprise I'm into Caprica.

8th February 2010, 03:25
I didn't know about Caprica so I've just checked out details on the Syfy website. Hope we get it in N.Z. soon. I'm a BSG fanatic so looking forward to Caprica.

Sonic
8th February 2010, 11:21
If you liked BSG you'll almost certainly like this too. Perhaps not quite as bleak - just! ;)

Sleeper
10th February 2010, 01:33
Have they started showing Caprica in the UK now?

If I've missed it I'm going to be really pissed off! :mad:

anthonyvop
10th February 2010, 03:38
I was a big Battlestar Galactica Fan. Then came the final episode. Made all the shows i watched before a total waste of time.

I'll pass on Caprica.

Sonic
10th February 2010, 08:46
Have they started showing Caprica in the UK now?

If I've missed it I'm going to be really pissed off! :mad:

The pilot was shown last week on sky - might be able to catch the repeat on sky 3 or something.

Sonic
10th February 2010, 08:50
I was a big Battlestar Galactica Fan. Then came the final episode. Made all the shows i watched before a total waste of time.

I'll pass on Caprica.

You expected a happy ending?

Jag_Warrior
10th February 2010, 16:24
Do you guys get the SyFy Channel on any of the systems over there? Like when BSG and SG-1 were on, did you get the current season shows?

Sleeper
10th February 2010, 18:21
Do you guys get the SyFy Channel on any of the systems over there? Like when BSG and SG-1 were on, did you get the current season shows?
We get the SyFy channel but its got nothing on the American parent. BSG was shown on Sky 1 here (since Sky helped pay for the first and last series) about a week behind American, most other shows are several months behind, but at least we dont get any pointless gaps mid season.

anthonyvop
10th February 2010, 19:42
You expected a happy ending?
No I didn't but I didn't expect a feel good, renounce technology, back to nature crappy ending either.

Jag_Warrior
2nd May 2010, 05:50
I only saw part of one of the Matrix movies. But from what I understand from others, Caprica has now taken on a sort of Matrix storyline?

Malbec
2nd May 2010, 09:40
I only saw part of one of the Matrix movies. But from what I understand from others, Caprica has now taken on a sort of Matrix storyline?

As a fan of BSG (watching it on DVD, currently midway through series 3) is it as good? A few people I know who liked BSG don't rate Caprica much at all.

Sonic
2nd May 2010, 11:35
As a fan of BSG (watching it on DVD, currently midway through series 3) is it as good? A few people I know who liked BSG don't rate Caprica much at all.

Its different from BSG, but it is enjoyable. That said I haven't seen an episode in a wee while - who knew parenthood took up so much time?! ;)