PDA

View Full Version : More cool cell phone radiation news

Hondo
5th February 2010, 15:10
Short article, cell phones are getting to be like tobacco.

http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and-gadgets/201002/warning-cell-phone-radiation

Read if you want, ignore if you don't want to know.

Hondo
9th February 2010, 08:18
Wow, I think this one rocked some folks. 67 hits, no comments. None.

Figure more than half didn't click the link, I'll assume 30 did. Out of those, probably 20 bailed after the first few paragraphs, and maybe 10 read the whole thing.

And not so much as a single bullcrap or denial. There must have been a lot of cold shivers on this one.

ShiftingGears
9th February 2010, 08:43
I try to minimise the amount of time spent on the mobile as it stands, but I am surprised that more hasn't been made out of this.

Daniel
9th February 2010, 09:36
Wow, a story about ONE guy with a tumour behind his ear. I hardly ever use my phone to make calls with it against my ear though, almost always make calls in my car on hands free.

Mark
9th February 2010, 09:38
Wow, a story about ONE guy with a tumour behind his ear. I hardly ever use my phone to make calls with it against my ear though, almost always make calls in my car on hands free.

Most of the time I'm not in my car, although it sometimes feels that way.

Valve Bounce
9th February 2010, 11:47
I am fortunate in that we seldom use our mobile phones, and when we do, it is only to let each other know we have finished shopping and where to meet up. My mobile phone usage comes to around 10 minutes per month.

BUT what about home remote wireless phones? You know, the wireless ones where you can walk around the house and talk? I seldom use these as I find it more convenient to use the old type phone on my desk. However, my better half can talk for more than an hour till the battery runs right down.

Mark
9th February 2010, 12:09
BUT what about home remote wireless phones? You know, the wireless ones where you can walk around the house and talk? I seldom use these as I find it more convenient to use the old type phone on my desk. However, my better half can talk for more than an hour till the battery runs right down.

They can cause problems too. But they emit much less raditation because the base station for each phone is usually only a few metres away, whereas it may be a few miles away when you are using your mobile.

Mark in Oshawa
9th February 2010, 18:30
I dunno...lol..maybe I have a tumour? God knows I don't use it THAT Much but I have on occasion spent some serious time on the cell phone...

Lousada
9th February 2010, 19:46
We have known for 50 years that smoking is bad, yet people still smoke. This will be the same.