PDA

View Full Version : Rallye Sanremo 2010

J4MIE
4th February 2010, 22:41
Just wondering if there are any details about this year's event? They announced that this year would be a mixed surface event with a day on gravel in Tuscany.

I assume then that that day would be on the Thursday, followed by a long road section and time to change the cars setup over for the same event from the past couple of years? The date in the IRC calendar is 23-25 September.

Does anyone know? :)

Karbonyl
5th February 2010, 13:41
Yes, the format with mixed surface was already confirmed in previous weeks. First two legs will be ran on tarmac and will be counted also as a round of CIR, third day will be on gravel of Tuscany and opened for IRC competitors.

Josti
5th February 2010, 14:08
How I wish this to be a live event too.

RS
5th February 2010, 16:27
How I wish this to be a live event too.

That would be good. Roads and scenery on Sanremo together with likely strong entry list would be a good recipe :)

HaCo
5th February 2010, 17:55
Yep, and with gravel stages it would be great as well.

J4MIE
5th February 2010, 20:28
Ok that's great, so would that take place on the Sunday then? Or tarmac on Thursday evening/Friday then gravel Saturday?

Whereabout in Tuscany would it be? I am too young to remember it being outside Sanremo :(

wwbroe
5th February 2010, 21:15
Ok that's great, so would that take place on the Sunday then? Or tarmac on Thursday evening/Friday then gravel Saturday?

Whereabout in Tuscany would it be? I am too young to remember it being outside Sanremo :(

Hey Jamie, if it will be same stages they used in former WRC rally, it would be liaison of about 600 kms. :D

J4MIE
5th February 2010, 23:13
That's what I'm confused about, I can't see how they have time to do that AND change the cars over to gravel settings.

I'm just really trying to find out when I'd need to travel, that will let me see how many days I have to go to Portugal ;) :s tareup:

pino
6th February 2010, 07:13

It will be in Siena area as confirmed by Maiga, and they will use some stages that have been used in the great era of the 80ies. Siena is about 300 km away from Sanremo. Here's the link and it shouldn't be a problem for you to read it. ;) See you in a couple of days for more details :D

http://www.sanremonews.it/it/internal.php?news_code=109009

sal
9th February 2010, 14:01
Got friends in Lucca so a trip might be on! How much night running is planned this year?

pino
9th February 2010, 15:22
Got friends in Lucca so a trip might be on! How much night running is planned this year?

For what I know they going to stay in Tuscany for one day only, and then they will go back to Sanremo.