PDA

View Full Version : Total Recall

Eki
4th February 2010, 10:41
Has anybody seen?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100802/

555-04Q2
4th February 2010, 11:05
Yes, about a dozen times. I even own in on DVD.

christophulus
4th February 2010, 12:19
Yep, great film.

Random aside:

MOVIE NEWS: Arnold Schwarzenegger to play a man who can't remember if he designed that throttle assembly properly in... Toyotal Recall

http://twitter.com/sniffpetrol

A.F.F.
4th February 2010, 20:48
Total Recall rocked !!

Of course, after seen movies with CGI, the special effects of Total Recall might seem amusing. But I really liked that movie.

Langdale Forest
4th February 2010, 22:03
I thought this was another thread about Toyotas, but it is not. lol

Josti
4th February 2010, 22:08
One of the best of Paul Verhoeven.

A.F.F.
4th February 2010, 22:53
One of the best of Paul Verhoeven.

Isn't he your countryman?

IMO Paul verhoeven hasn't made nothing but good movies :up: Flesh&Blood is my personal favourite.

Josti
5th February 2010, 13:54
Isn't he your countryman?

IMO Paul verhoeven hasn't made nothing but good movies :up: Flesh&Blood is my personal favourite.

Yes he is.

Indeed his films are rarely bad, so let's just ignore that abomination called 'Showgirls'. :p

gloomyDAY
5th February 2010, 19:14
Eki! lol

Had to put this movie on my NetFlix queue.

Eki
5th February 2010, 20:33
Eki! lol

Had to put this movie on my NetFlix queue.
Heh, not so gloomy day after all.

A.F.F.
5th February 2010, 21:37
Yes he is.

Indeed his films are rarely bad, so let's just ignore that abomination called 'Showgirls'. :p

Oh yes, Showgirls. The film that failed miserably at but ruled the rental charts for months in US :p

Actually, I know hundreds of movies worse than Showgirls....

ShiftingGears
6th February 2010, 11:52
Excellent movie.

wedge
6th February 2010, 13:33
Good film but it still can't beat Robocop!

Those X-ray scanners were awesome on the film and now we have them in real life! Freaky deaky!

CarlMetro
6th February 2010, 15:03
I guess it's like most of the films of the late eighties/early nineties where, at the time, they were awesome but when you sit and watch them these days they seem a little bit pants.

555-04Q2
8th February 2010, 09:58
I guess it's like most of the films of the late eighties/early nineties where, at the time, they were awesome but when you sit and watch them these days they seem a little bit pants.

Very true. I own thousands of DVD's of all the classics from the days of Gone With The Wind to todays latest blockbusters. It is quite amazing how far special effects have come over the last 2 decades. But look at movies like the original three Star Wars movies. They were epic and cutting edge, way ahead of their time, but pretty average by todays standards. Yet they remain great movies to watch, even next to todays high tech blockbusters.

wedge
8th February 2010, 14:09

Some of the effects on Total Recall were really crap looking back on them now. Saying that you can't beat scale models/good puppetry now that most films these days resemble video games.