26th February 2007, 08:13
nicholson looked, bad...

A.F.F.
26th February 2007, 10:59
But Reese looked fiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnneeeee :up: :D

Congrats Marty.

Dave B
26th February 2007, 12:19
I'm bored senseless with BAFTAs and OSCARs, no other industry gets all tearful and needs to pat themselves on the back in this way. :rolleyes:

It's good to see British films doing well, but I'm sick and tired of Helen Mirren parading round like she really is the Queen :s nore:

A.F.F.
26th February 2007, 12:38
It's good to see British films doing well, but I'm sick and tired of Helen Mirren parading round like she really is the Queen :s nore:

She isn't ? :eek:

I've always loved the glamour of Oscars. Since the moviestars don't tend to live in the real world, I don't see problem them celebrating these fantasy awards. It's pearls for the pigs like me :)

jim mcglinchey
26th February 2007, 19:09

One of the Sunday rags did a double page feature on Helen Mirren getting her kit off through the ages. How disrespectful! (She was fit though.)

janneppi
26th February 2007, 21:41
I thought he'd have to die before the Academy gave his priceless talent respect
Screw scorcese, there's apparently some sound guy who's been nominated for 19 times and hasn't won yet, not even from Top Gun. :p :

Rollo
26th February 2007, 22:11
I'm bored senseless with BAFTAs and OSCARs, no other industry gets all tearful and needs to pat themselves on the back in this way. :rolleyes:

I was doing other things in the garage and I heard something about the Queen and then not long afterwards and heard mention of Scotland and thought someone must have been watching a documentary about the Act of Union which was passed in 1707 and therefore is now 300 years old.

Then I heard about awards and things and wondered if there was something to do with the Six Nations or some such. It was only this morning that I actually realised that the Oscars were on last night, so I guess this means that I better find out who won the major awards for no other reason than it might be asked in a pub trivia competition down the track.

Isn't Oscar the chap who lived in a dustbin?

vanillagirl85
27th February 2007, 00:18
Isn't Oscar the chap who lived in a dustbin?

Yes. He was also grouchy. And green.

Ian McC
27th February 2007, 08:07
His work is an impressive list

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000217/