26th February 2007, 01:47
This what I received on my e-mail today :D

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS
The Marina Offices, St Peters Yacht Basin,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1HX England

Dear Winner

We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement that you are one
of our end of year winnier of the UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY
international Lottery programs. held on the 30th of January, 2007.

Theonline cyber lotto draws was conducted from an exclusive list of
21,000 e-mail addresses of individual and corporate bodies picked by an
advanced automated random computer search from the internet, no tickets
were sold.

After this automated computer ballot, your e-mail address emerged as
one of three winners in the category "A" with the following winning
information: You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum
of£1,00,000 (One million pounds sterling).

REF No: UK/9420X2/68
TICKET No: 56475600545188

To file for your claim, Contact the processing Consultant:

Name: Mr.Paul James
Email:info_uklotteryclaimsagent07@yahoo.co.uk
Tell:+44-703-183-8288 OR +44-702-406-2912

Do fill out the claims form to in other to process the claims of your
prize without delay.

PAYMENT PROCESSING FORM
1.FULL NAMES:__________________________________
2.ADDRESS:________________________________________ _____
3.SEX:_______________
4.AGE:________
5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________
6.OCCUPATION:________________________
7.E-MAIL ADDRESS:_____________________________
8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:_____________________
9.AMOUNT WON:___________________________________
10. COUNTRY________________________________

Sincerely,
Mrs. Cecilia Moore
FOR UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.

now seriously, what's the point of this spam? :s , just pranking or what?

LeonBrooke
26th February 2007, 05:50
Surely it's just for pranking. it's not as if anyone would fall for it or they could make any money, surely...

Ian McC
26th February 2007, 07:26
The point is some people actually fall for it.

fly_ac
26th February 2007, 07:57
I've received several of these Nigerian 419 scams, they come in different forms, from lotto's to competition to job offers, the idea behind it is that they want you to pay for the courier service/so called claims processing fees/pay money into their accounts to see if they can trust you, before you can get any form of monies. It's all a scam to get their hands on your money. And I suspect some people do fall for this. You will notice that the e-mail address from where the e-mail was send and the one for return is always free e-mail services. No real "lotto", "competition", or "job offer" will ever come from free e-mail services. Real one's have proper web sites.

It's all just a Nigerian 419 scam. Do not return any e-mail as you will then just receive more.Do not give any of your personal information to these individuals.

If anyone want more info on this follow this link:
http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

LotusElise
26th February 2007, 09:19
I've never seen one for the UK Lotto before. Seems no-one trusts deposed Nigerian dictators any more.

Dave B
26th February 2007, 12:26
It costs next to nothing to send a million emails. If only one or two people fall for it, you're in profit.

Eki
26th February 2007, 12:54
This what I received on my e-mail today :D

now seriously, what's the point of this spam? :s , just pranking or what?
They probably gather contact information from people and sell it to spammers and telemarketers. A list of verified suckers is valuable to spammers and scammers.

Ian McC
26th February 2007, 18:30
Hell, I've lost count of the amount I would of made if all these African scams were true.

colinspooky
26th February 2007, 19:16
I won I won

Too late. I filled out your form and am now getting ALL the money. So who's laughing now then eh? eh? Ahem.................

LeonBrooke
26th February 2007, 22:11
I've never seen one for the UK Lotto before. Seems no-one trusts deposed Nigerian dictators any more.

Of course as the saying says, "you can't cheat an honest person", so the only people who ever trusted the deposed Nigerian dictators were dishonest fraudsters themselves to begin with.

But how do you make money out of the lottery scam? Probably the same way you make money from the Nigerian scam...

mr.hamad
27th February 2007, 11:21
it is bad

wacked
27th February 2007, 11:28
its irritating.. it just keeps flooding my inbox..

AndySpeed
27th February 2007, 12:22
I've received several of these Nigerian 419 scams, they come in different forms, from lotto's to competition to job offers, the idea behind it is that they want you to pay for the courier service/so called claims processing fees/pay money into their accounts to see if they can trust you, before you can get any form of monies. It's all a scam to get their hands on your money. And I suspect some people do fall for this. You will notice that the e-mail address from where the e-mail was send and the one for return is always free e-mail services. No real "lotto", "competition", or "job offer" will ever come from free e-mail services. Real one's have proper web sites.

But thats not to say spammers can't go and buy their own domains etc. to make it look more 'authentic'? Internet hosting these days is so cheap that even I've got a decent package - what's to stop a spammer doing that? Or does it make them slightly easier to track and shut down if lots of spam reports come from the same domain?

Mark
27th February 2007, 12:29
You misunderstand really, the email address doesn't have to (and usually doesn't) have anything to do with where the spam originates.