November 6th -Texas
November 20th - Homestead

Continental Op
30th January 2010, 15:57
lol, why am I not surprised Martinsville or Richmond isn't on that schedule

Lee Roy
30th January 2010, 17:45
lol, why am I not surprised Martinsville or Richmond isn't on that schedule

I'm no defender of Patrick, but the Nationwide series doesn't run at Martinsville. The first Richmond race is during the month of May, which is pretty important to Indy Car drivers, and I'm too lazy to look up where the IRL might be in September when the second Richmond race occurs. Fairly legitimate reasons not to run at these two tracks, particularly Martinsville.

Mark in Oshawa
31st January 2010, 02:37
Continental op..one should put the IRL and NASCAR Nationwide scheds side by side before you start dissing the lady for missing dates. I am sure that the IRL schedule being as summer oriented as it is means she will race a bit in the spring, and in the fall, and maybe the odd weekend in the summer.

NickFalzone
31st January 2010, 03:16
I'm in the middle on this one. While yes, the NWide/IRL scheduling conflicts are a legit reason to not do certain races, I also don't think that it's a coincidence she's sticking with many of the less challenging tracks on the NASCAR schedule.

Easy Drifter
31st January 2010, 05:22
I'm sure DF is really busy right now compiling, for our edification, comprehensive list of which races all the other drivers are going to enter. :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
31st January 2010, 07:55
I'm in the middle on this one. While yes, the NWide/IRL scheduling conflicts are a legit reason to not do certain races, I also don't think that it's a coincidence she's sticking with many of the less challenging tracks on the NASCAR schedule.

Nick...she is racing the IRL when most of them come up. She aint dodging them...furthermore, JR Motorsports wont put her in there on a roadcourse when they have Ron Fellows on retainer for that purpose. THAT is 3 weekends that may or may not be on IRL weekends ( Ihaven't bothered to look). That Car is booked by a few of Jr's friends for races as well. Tony Stewart and Dale himself have driven it, as has Mark Martin. It isn't Danica's ride to just pickup when she wants. Jr. Motorsports is working her schedule into theirs and THOSE are the dates.

I am not a defender of Danica Patrick, but I will stand up for her on this one, it isn't her call on which NASCAR dates she is getting because this isn't a full time ride and she isn't the only driver lined up to race it.

Continental Op
31st January 2010, 13:18
epic fail by me missing martinsville isn't on the NW schedule :D

I am more with DannyWilde on this, they put mostly easier tracks there for a reason. I was surprised there arent any platetracks tho as I assumed she would do all of those

Continental Op
31st January 2010, 13:58
meant nick falzone lol, shame one cant edit messages

Mark in Oshawa
31st January 2010, 20:48
meant nick falzone lol, shame one cant edit messages

They didn't cherry pick the EASIER tracks...they gave her the races the other guys coudln't do. Plate races JR motorsports likes to put a guy like Tony Stewart or Jr. himself behind the wheel. Road courses they have Fellows. Danica got what she got and no one else didn't want that wasn't a conflict with the IRL schedule.

People keep thinking the princess is calling the shots or people are trying to protect her. Believe me, if she cant cut it, Kellye Earnhardt isn't going to protect her. NASCAR is about cutting it or not, not about politics.

gofastandwynn
31st January 2010, 22:19
THAT is 3 weekends that may or may not be on IRL weekends ( Ihaven't bothered to look). .

During the 3 busch series road races the ICS is running at Iowa, Mid Ohio & Chicagoland those weekends

Mark in Oshawa
1st February 2010, 21:23
During the 3 busch series road races the ICS is running at Iowa, Mid Ohio & Chicagoland those weekends

There you go, but someone said Danica was dodging the road courses. Funny...I thought her main gig was the IRL. Good for looking that up, I couldn't be bothered, but I knew the IRL was running pretty much every weekend in the summer...