PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2010, pic

Mia 01
28th January 2010, 16:23
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81104

It looks like a winner!

Powered by Cosworth
28th January 2010, 16:26
Are the cameras mounted right at the tip of the nose or is that just me?

RS
28th January 2010, 16:28
Hmmm, looks a bit ugly like last year's Renault and BMW.

That's a pity because the recent Williams cars were amongst the prettiest on the grid, but I can live with that if the car is faster :)

christophulus
28th January 2010, 16:51
Certainly not as attractive as the Ferrari, maybe it'll look better once it's officially unveiled. If it's fast I can live with it!

truefan72
28th January 2010, 17:13
in recent years the Williams cars have been fairly nice looking, This one looks a bit like a modified RBR car, but hey, why go against a winning concept ;)

looks decent enough, we will see how it does in testing

savage86
28th January 2010, 17:13
It looks like a very focused car, there's certainly no left over fat.
Patrick Head was in F1 when the last no refueling cars were in that must be some help.

28th January 2010, 17:19
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81104

It looks like a winner!

Oh well, it's bound to be then.

I'm off down the bookies.

UltimateDanGTR
28th January 2010, 17:23
not that beautiful-but i hope its fast! it would be lovely to see williams have a race winner again. and if it is good then Its Hulkenburgs chance to impress. If not, then shame for nico and rubinho.

F1boat
28th January 2010, 17:33
The attack of the clones...

Sonic
28th January 2010, 18:34
WOW! I think it looks incredible! Look how tightly pinched the back of the sidepods are - I'm hankering for a closer look.

The livery isn't doing the car any favours in the beauty stakes but I really hope this is front runner and GP winner.

One other thing to mention; the Ferrari and Williams are now making the designs we've seen from the new boys look like trucks - the lotus in particular looks very square in mock up compared to the 2010 challengers from the old guard.

28th January 2010, 18:59
What odds did they give you? :D

They didn't, they said I must have inside info and wouldn't take the bet.

52Paddy
28th January 2010, 20:10
Not the prettiest car but that's not important. I, too, hope Williams find winning form again which has been missing for a good few years.

Interesting that they basically discarded last year's car completely and started from scratch with this one. Recently, somebody created a thread about how little the F1 cars have changed in the last decade (2000-2009) in comparison to previous years. Maybe Red Bull will set of a trend to be expanded upon and we'll enter a new era of F1 car design this decade :s mokin: Not trying to jump the gun - just thinking wishfully.

leopard
29th January 2010, 06:31
Williams is always the nominee for the best looking car, an elegant dark blue car with some stripes, texts, and images mainly white. Perhaps it needs more text on the side of the car, didn't see Air Asia on it?

Dr. Krogshöj
29th January 2010, 07:13
Oh well, it's bound to be then.

I'm off down the bookies.

It does look like a winner, in as much as it looks a bit like the RB5. :) The rear part, at least. It is very compact, not even Ferrari managed such a tight packaging.

Williams is always the nominee for the best looking car, an elegant dark blue car with some stripes, texts, and images mainly white. Perhaps it needs more text on the side of the car, didn't see Air Asia on it?

Air Asia is Tony Fernandes' company so expect its decals to show up on the new Lotus.

turismo6
29th January 2010, 08:31
I think the front looks more like a BMW then a RB5.

Mia 01
29th January 2010, 08:43
The front nose is very narrow (and high to, just like this years Ferrari), a mix between last years Ferrari and Red bull.

The sidepods is rather slim, perhaps the Cossie needs less cooling?

By all means, this could be a race winning car in the hands of Rubens.

Sonic
29th January 2010, 09:02
The front nose is very narrow (and high to, just like this years Ferrari), a mix between last years Ferrari and Red bull.

The sidepods is rather slim, perhaps the Cossie needs less cooling?

By all means, this could be a race winning car in the hands of Rubens.

Or perhaps it needs cooling but Williams have gone marginal to gain performance. They have made it very clear that consistently finishing 4th/5th in GP's is no longer good enough and they have said the FW32 may not be 100% reliable in the quest for wins.

555-04Q2
29th January 2010, 09:53
Not a bad looking car at all! Williams cars have looked good the last few years. Pity they haven't performed as well they look.

woody2goody
29th January 2010, 12:11
Looks dynamic and aggressive, I like it.

MrJan
29th January 2010, 12:14
Looking at that nose the word 'platypus' springs to mind.

I am evil Homer
29th January 2010, 12:23
Looks conservative to me and pretty dull.

Mia 01
29th January 2010, 19:08
Another one. this years Brawn.

http://www.xpb.cc/viewpicture.asp?id=348930

Civic
30th January 2010, 22:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbtzx8ZGJg4

DazzlaF1
30th January 2010, 23:43
Looks conservative to me and pretty dull.

Well like it said in the article, it is an "interim" livery

52Paddy
31st January 2010, 02:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbtzx8ZGJg4

Not sure if it's actually a spy video, but still a great watch nonetheless. That car sounds effing amazing! Hope it goes as well as it sounds :up: