PDA

View Full Version : Predictions For 2010

27th January 2010, 19:34
Ok, I'll get the ball rolling......

1) Due to a timing glitch, Sir Frank Williams qualifies on pole in Bahrain.

2) Inspired by USF1 & Force India, Ron Dennis changes the name of Mclaren to WokingF1. Sponsorship comes from Prontaprint, 2 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7PX.

3) Having found a tenner down the back of the sofa, Campos-Meta set sail for Bahrain and the first round of the F1 championship. Just a shame it's July.

4) USF1 announce that Fulvio Ballabio is their second driver.

maximilian
27th January 2010, 21:02
All complete nonsense, except 4.) :p

keysersoze
28th January 2010, 01:17
With the new teams we'll be back to having a couple of squads qualify 4-5 seconds off pole . . . and will retire from the race faster than you can say Piercarlo Ghinzani.

DexDexter
28th January 2010, 08:04
With the new teams we'll be back to having a couple of squads qualify 4-5 seconds off pole . . . and will retire from the race faster than you can say Piercarlo Ghinzani.

You're being nice to them, I fear they could be even more off the pace :rolleyes:

Mark
28th January 2010, 10:38
You're being nice to them, I fear they could be even more off the pace :rolleyes:

While it was a refreshing change to have dispensed with the no hoper teams in the last couple of years. I do welcome their return!

Mia 01
28th January 2010, 12:12

The numbers 10 to 15 seconds floats around.

Mark
28th January 2010, 12:22
The numbers 10 to 15 seconds floats around.

As much as that?! Means they'll be being lapped before lap 10 of the race.

I am evil Homer
28th January 2010, 12:24
No chance Lotus will be 10 secs off the pace, Manor may be around 5. I'm not sure the other two will even make it

DexDexter
29th January 2010, 08:45
No chance Lotus will be 10 secs off the pace, Manor may be around 5. I'm not sure the other two will even make it

True, Gasgoyne's car will definitely not be that much off the pace, unless Cosworth are totally hopeless.

jens
29th January 2010, 19:17
There have been already various prediction-thread around, so I'm not going to guess here again.

But what I would like to say, is that I have noticed some people do not like to make predictions. I, however, find it as a good opportunity of self-improvement. ;) Recently I went through all of my past previous pre-season predictions and tried to analyse, what were the shortcomings based on. The general conclusions showed that I have underrated mainly two things: the effect of rule changes and the changes in teams' personnel. Those can be tricky to predict though as the effect of a certain rule change on a certain team plus the importance of a certain person to a team may be unclear. So it remains to be seen, how will the 2010 predictions pan out. :p :

DexDexter
31st January 2010, 08:58
There have been already various prediction-thread around, so I'm not going to guess here again.

But what I would like to say, is that I have noticed some people do not like to make predictions. I, however, find it as a good opportunity of self-improvement. ;) Recently I went through all of my past previous pre-season predictions and tried to analyse, what were the shortcomings based on. The general conclusions showed that I have underrated mainly two things: the effect of rule changes and the changes in teams' personnel. Those can be tricky to predict though as the effect of a certain rule change on a certain team plus the importance of a certain person to a team may be unclear. So it remains to be seen, how will the 2010 predictions pan out. :p :

I think the problem with your predictions was just Toyota, you supported the team and maybe that blindfolded you a little bit :) . I think predictions are what this whole thing is about.

jens
31st January 2010, 17:52
I think the problem with your predictions was just Toyota, you supported the team and maybe that blindfolded you a little bit :) . I think predictions are what this whole thing is about.

What was wrong with my predictions about Toyota? :D I would say that in the beginning of the season they actually managed to live up to the pre-season hype to an extent unlike Ferrari/BMW, the problem was that Brawn was too good and left everyone to shade. After Bahrain Toy was just a point behind second-placed Red Bull.

What I personally consider my biggest failures in predictions, are:
Renault in 2007 (I underestimated the Michelin-factor in their success);
Ferrari in 2005 (again failed to foresee the effect of the tyre-rule change);
and true, Toyota in 2006 (didn't expect such struggle after a promising 2005, again related to tyres).
All of this besides 2009 of course, where one could be happy about getting at least some teams more or less right. :p :

Based on that it looks like tyres are the weakling in predictions and 2011 will be certainly interesting, because we will see a new tyre manufacturer in F1 and who the hell knows, who can adapt to those unknown tyres better than others. :)

BDunnell
31st January 2010, 22:44
tamburello's predictions are likely to be as accurate as most of Eddie Jordan's prior to the '09 season. Read them and laugh.

Saint Devote
31st January 2010, 23:42
Predictions are worth nought - how many predicted that Mclaren and Ferrari would be where they were at the start of 2009.

No team can be FIVE seconds slower these days otherwise they may as well go home and close down - there would be NO point in wasting money and in my view the FIA should then step in and exclude them from further entry to a grand prix on the grounds that it is dangerous for the other drivers.

Bring back the exclusion rule - such as 107%

keysersoze
1st February 2010, 01:57
Predictions are worth nought - how many predicted that Mclaren and Ferrari would be where they were at the start of 2009.

No team can be FIVE seconds slower these days otherwise they may as well go home and close down

Sounds like you just made a prediction, Mr. Foot-in-Mouth. :p

F1boat
1st February 2010, 07:12
If the newbies are so slow, then F1 actually becomes a two class series.

Saint Devote
2nd February 2010, 04:09
If the newbies are so slow, then F1 actually becomes a two class series.

All racing series have divisions - even those contested running or swimming: the top drivers or cars or runners will always dominate.

The object is to strive to reach the front.

Williams did not start out in front, they were the dominant front team for sometime and now they are back to mid-grid.

If it was only about the quickest we would have a grid in numbers that looked like the controversial USGP a few years back.

CNR
2nd February 2010, 06:23
williams f1 will be in the same boat as they were in 2006 20 retirements between the 2 drivers.
this was the first and only year of the v8 cosworth

Garry Walker
2nd February 2010, 08:22
Here is what I am hoping for
Fernando alonso and Sebastian vettel to collide and crash out in every race.
Schumacher to win at least 12 races.
Massa to win the rest of them.

F1boat
2nd February 2010, 10:20
Here is what I am hoping for
Fernando alonso and Sebastian vettel to collide and crash out in every race.
Schumacher to win at least 12 races.
Massa to win the rest of them.

I'd like to see MS champion and Jenson second, Ferrari boys third and fourth. Like you, I too would not like to see competitive Vettel.

2nd February 2010, 10:21
Schumachar and Alonso to have a crash.
Schumachar to be involved in at least one dodgey racing incident.
Schumachar to quit at end of season and to neither Indycar or Nascar.
JP Montoya anounced at USF1 2nd driver.
Hamilton to be World Champion, Button runner up, Mclaren constructers champions.
USF1 not to finish the season.