PDA

View Full Version : Teixeira wants A1GP link for Campos (PLEASE NO!!!!!)

Giuseppe F1
27th January 2010, 11:40
This has DISASTER written all over it!!! A1GP and everything about it is dying or losing fan interest fast.............dont drag F1 and Campos, Bruno Senna down with you Tony Teixeira!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81074

Teixeira wants A1GP link for Campos
By Matt Beer
Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 10:27 GMT

.....A1GP boss Tony Teixeira says he intends to use the Campos Meta team as A1GP's Formula 1 arm if he successfully completes a deal to buy into the outfit.

AUTOSPORT revealed earlier this month that Teixeira was a leading candidate to either take a major share in or take over Adrian Campos's start-up F1 team, which is seeking new investment to ensure it makes it onto the 2010 grid.

Teixeira has previously stated his ambition to have an F1 squad that the top drivers from A1GP could graduate into. Although his nation versus nation series has had to call off the first half of its fifth season due to financial problems, Teixeira hopes to restart A1GP later this year.

"There's more than one group talking to Campos and for us it has got to be part of an A1 deal," he told Reuters. "It's all for A1. My ambition is to bring A1 into F1.".........

Giuseppe F1
27th January 2010, 11:41
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39818

K-Pu
27th January 2010, 11:44
Well, what´s worse than a team not making it to the grid?

A team making it to the grid and then failing because of things like this. Money is not everything.

Sonic
27th January 2010, 16:24
Campos is dead in the water without money. They are already talking about not testing before the first GP http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81073

If making a deal with the devil secures their place on the grid then so be it, but once again this shows Max's FIA was totally out of order picking pie in the sky teams like Campos and USF1 over Lola or Prodrive - utter madness.

27th January 2010, 17:50
Max's FIA was totally out of order picking pie in the sky teams like Campos and USF1 over Lola or Prodrive - utter madness.

And Lola and Prodrive have the necessary funds to compete?

The last time I looked, neither had bottomless pockets of cash either.

Sonic
27th January 2010, 17:56
Perhaps not. But in Dave Richards, Prodrive do at least have someone with a track record of producing good sponsorship portfolio's and excellent contacts.

F1boat
27th January 2010, 18:59
If A1 advertises in Campos Racing, maybe they should get Caroll in the second seat, he is their last champion, after all.

Robinho
27th January 2010, 20:58
F1 is the new A1GP anyway - you have an English Team (Mclaren), German (Merc), Italy (Ferrari), USA (USF1), India (Force India), Malaysia (Lotus), Campos could become Spain or Mexico

jonny hurlock
27th January 2010, 22:21
This has DISASTER written all over it!!! A1GP and everything about it is dying or losing fan interest fast.............dont drag F1 and Campos, Bruno Senna down with you Tony Teixeira!!

your right, Tony Teixeira = DISASTER

ban him, don't even think about it Adrian,

52Paddy
27th January 2010, 23:21
Horrible situation. I hope Campos doesn't sell the team out to Texeira. But I'm also quite surprised that Texeira openly aired his views in public. Surely this won't create a good reception. Then again, the FIA do run the sport like dictators so it doesn't matter a damn what we think :(

Saint Devote
28th January 2010, 00:25
I am sure that this sort of deal will not sit well with Bernie. Stefan GP is still interested in f1.

milly
29th January 2010, 10:16
Don't know if anybody else has heard but apparently Campos has missed it's payments to Dallara for the F1 car design, and that Stefan GP (the guy talking with Toyota) has paid cash and bought rights to the design instead???

52Paddy
29th January 2010, 12:04
Don't know if anybody else has heard but apparently Campos has missed it's payments to Dallara for the F1 car design, and that Stefan GP (the guy talking with Toyota) has paid cash and bought rights to the design instead???

Where did you hear/read that?

jens
29th January 2010, 13:27
It looks like Campos is in a worse situation than USF1 and may likely disappear unless the team is sold. Many seem completely against of selling to Teixeira, but surely this is a better solution than going to total bankruptcy, isn't it? At least it could extend the life of the team a bit longer. :p :

maximilian
29th January 2010, 13:32
I don't care who buys it, as long as they have 2 cars on the grid, and with halfway respectable drivers... Adam Carroll would be just fine. Certainly better than Maria de Villota, wtf!

Tom206wrc
29th January 2010, 13:46
Maria would bring even more media interest(even if with Schumi return there will be already a lot)...the first woman in F1 since x years... ;)

milly
29th January 2010, 13:47
Where did you hear/read that?

From former employyes of Toyota who have recently finished.

maximilian
29th January 2010, 13:52
Maria would bring even more media interest(even if with Schumi return there will be already a lot)...the first woman in F1 since x years... ;)
No doubt would there be a lot of media interest, but when she's 3 seconds off the pace it'll get ugly... I bet USF1 (a.k.a. WTF1) is pulling for her to get the seat, though - it'll guarantee them a 24th place! :D

wedge
29th January 2010, 15:39
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8486728.stm

Adam Carrol linked with Campos

Nikki Katz
29th January 2010, 18:10
I don't think this is so bad, surely it's cheaper to run Campos than it is the whole of A1GP? We can't totally blame him for that failing. Also, if this doesn't go through, Campos will probably have to withdraw. Admittedly they really should have given the spot to someone like Prodrive instead, but we have Campos now and it would be good if they made the best of it.

Carroll's a good driver too. He probably could have been GP2 champion with a bit more luck and cash. He's probably much better than whatever pay driver Campos would have to put up with if it didn't go through. Though at least a pay driver would make Senna look rather good :)

VkmSpouge
30th January 2010, 01:22

I had heard similar things too but Dallara have apparently confirmed (in a story on Crash.net in mid-January http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155924/1/campos_attacks_trouble-makers_and_insists_we_will_be_in_bahrain.html ) that Campos are up to date on their payments.

Would be nice if Adam Carroll could race in F1 but I'm not so sure about this Tony Teixeira takeover or buy-in at Campos.

maximilian
30th January 2010, 19:05
Apparently Carroll's manager is "surprised" to hear of all this. I would say, it's time to fire your manager when everybody else besides him already seems to know about the deal, and you suddenly need to rush to Spain to discuss it. I thought that's what managers are for... to keep pushing hard finding you a seat at all times, and to stay on top of your prodigy's career prospects! :)

52Paddy
31st January 2010, 02:34
From former employyes of Toyota who have recently finished.

Ok, their situation seems sound from the latest (so far) press releases so we'll see if anything on the contrary gets announced.

Didn't realise Maria de Villota had been in with a shot. I hope that that is quickly buried! I recently asked about Adam Carroll's chances and, naturally (as a fellow countryman), I'm delighted to see that an F1 career may not yet be out of question. Though, on the flip side, if Campos turns out to be such a desperate team as expected, it could also be a career ending move to the calibre of Gary Brabham with Life or Tommy Byrne with Theodore.

Regardless, I don't expect him to get another chance so I hope this materialises and, for Adam's sake, if it's Texeira he needs to give him the drive, then I'm all for the buy-out. But purely for Carroll's sake - I don't like the idea of Texeira running an F1 team or at all being involved in the sport.

Best of luck Adam! :champion: