PDA

View Full Version : Google spying on people again....

Daniel
27th January 2010, 09:58
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/27/google_toolbar_caught_transmitting_data_when_disab led/

:mark: man I hate Google.

Mark
27th January 2010, 13:21
Google have turned out to be even more evil that Microsoft. But of course they are mere minions compared to the Lord of Darkness himself, Steve Jobbs :p

Daniel
27th January 2010, 13:23
Google have turned out to be even more evil that Microsoft. But of course they are mere minions compared to the Lord of Darkness himself, Steve Jobbs :p
To be fair with Steve Mobs you can either choose to buy a fruity phone, laptop, PC, MP3 player or not. Google are freaking everywhere though. BTW what kind of idiot uses toolbars anyway?

Mark
27th January 2010, 13:25
To be fair with Steve Mobs you can either choose to buy a fruity phone, laptop, PC, MP3 player or not. Google are freaking everywhere though. BTW what kind of idiot uses toolbars anyway?

Well it used to be handy to have a google search bar on your browser all the time, but most modern browsers have a built in search box where you can at least choose Google, Bing and Wikipedia, so it's not needed any more.

Daniel
27th January 2010, 13:26
Well it used to be handy to have a google search bar on your browser all the time, but most modern browsers have a built in search box where you can at least choose Google, Bing and Wikipedia, so it's not needed any more.
Yet they still bundle their crapware with everything possible!

Sonic
27th January 2010, 16:11
Do you think they are listening now? *looks around nervously* Coz I love google! I'm using my google phone, using google earth, with google chrome. (Do you think they bought it? :D )

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2010, 16:22
I don't use any of their Chrome, toolbars or other add on's but I do like their search engine. So call me flirting Google, rather than dating her....

306 Cosworth
27th January 2010, 17:45
I'm using Chrome atm as I find it to be much faster than IE. Don't like any of the others like Mozilla and Firefox.

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2010, 18:23
I still don't know what the point of Chrome is....it didn't work for me.

Jag_Warrior
27th January 2010, 20:17
One of you techies can tell me if I'm being overly paranoid. But years ago I had a toolbar that allowed you to skin the top of IE with a custom photo or whatever. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was very popular. Most of the people I knew then had it. It was made by some Israeli company. Anyway, it came out later that it was nothing more than a fancy piece of spyware. I have refused to use ANY toolbar since then: Google, Yahoo, stock market tickers or any other. I've assumed since then that they want you to install the toolbars so that they can identify you personally, and not just by your IP address. That's why I logout of Google or Yahoo once I'm done checking email and close the browser.

I don't trust any of them.

Daniel
27th January 2010, 20:23
One of you techies can tell me if I'm being overly paranoid. But years ago I had a toolbar that allowed you to skin the top of IE with a custom photo or whatever. I can't remember the name of it now, but it was very popular. Most of the people I knew then had it. It was made by some Israeli company. Anyway, it came out later that it was nothing more than a fancy piece of spyware. I have refused to use ANY toolbar since then: Google, Yahoo, stock market tickers or any other. I've assumed since then that they want you to install the toolbars so that they can identify you personally, and not just by your IP address. That's why I logout of Google or Yahoo once I'm done checking email and close the browser.

I don't trust any of them.
I think that's fairly rational. Don't install anything which tunes up your PC or tweaks it....

Wade91
27th January 2010, 20:26
i dont ever download any additanal toolbars eaither, i've never known toolbars like, Ask, Yahoo, etc... to be a risk to your computer, but i dont really wanna take up space with toolbars i dont really need, so, whenever i've downloaded anything that automaticly installed the Ask toolbar or somthing on my browser i just disabled it