PDA

View Full Version : What there is to do radius 300 miles from Orlando?

A.F.F.
26th January 2010, 17:28
I booked a flight for me and my wife to Orlando next april. I also made a reservation for a rental car, convertible obviously :D . Anyways, I would appreciate any hints for our trip. We have searched info from daytona beach etc... but is there anything to see which google won't tell?? Locations, places to see, buildings to visit?

Thanks in advance :)

btw. You can sweep away all museums etc.

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 17:42
I booked a flight for me and my wife to Orlando next april. I also made a reservation for a rental car, convertible obviously :D . Anyways, I would appreciate any hints for our trip. We have searched info from daytona beach etc... but is there anything to see which google won't tell?? Locations, places to see, buildings to visit?

Sweep away museums? If you are racing fan, that has to be made an exception for the Don Garlits racing museum in Ocala. It is pretty neat and isn't an all day affair. Also, how could you NOT go to Cape Canaveral and see the NASA Space center? The Vehicle assembly Building is amazing to see in person. That is an hour or so from Orlando down the toll road.

Daytona USA is pretty neat to go see as well. Daytona is a pretty typical beach town and you can drive out onto the beach. Typical beach attractions too, lots of tacky tourist stuff. If you really wanted to drive a bit further north, you could go up to Savannah Georgia. It would be out towards the outer limits of your 300 mile radius. It is a historic town, as is Charleston SC, which is about another 2 hours north from Savannah.

St. Augustine, although I haven't been is the oldest town in the US, and is supposed to be worth seeing. It is just south of Jacksonville.

I am not from Florida, but have been there a few times, and it has lots of little things here and there that are not on the radar of most tourists until you trip across them. When you get there, always ask the locals for what is worth seeing.

Also AFF, since you are a hockey fan, I can almost guarnetee you if the hockey season is still going on, you would get tickets for the Florida Panthers down in Miami, or the Tampa Bay Lightning easy enough. NBA Basketball in Orlando and Miami. I am not sure how hard or expensive the tickets would be for all of that, but hey, if you like sports, they are spectacles. Also, if you are there in March, you can get tickets for one of the Major league baseball Spring Training games. Not sure you like baseball, but it is a relaxing game and if you get help understanding it, it can be interesting. That is your sporting options watching for sure.

If you golf, there is TONS of great golf in Florida.

Oh ya...and you know about all the Disney, Universal Studios and touristy stuff in Orlando already I am sure...

Good luck...

Sonic
26th January 2010, 18:00
Why leave Orlando? I got married in Disney - Mickey held the rings! Legendary :D

Seriously though, its a cool state with much more than the obvious tourist stuff. We too hired a car and went all over. Have fun!

A.F.F.
26th January 2010, 18:12
Cheers Mark. :up:

First of all, and with all due respect, I do not golf.... ever :)

My wife is a HUGE fan of Scarlett and Gone with the Wind. So, when you mentioned Savannah Georgia, could it be the one their talking about in the novel?

St.Augustine eh?.... That also sounds interesting.

I also studied the NASA Space Center, it all sounds very interesting. I'm sure our inner child will take over and we'll be visiting at least one Disney park. :D

About hockey, if Tampa is still playing I'd be highly interested to go and see their game since they have one of our as a goalie. We probably won't go to Miami due the lack of time we have...

edv
26th January 2010, 18:16
Do they still have the mermaids at Weechie Wachie? LOL

+1 for the Kennedy Space Centre. Last time I was there I saw Apollo 16 on the launch pad.

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 18:19
AFF, since I didn't see Gone with the Wind, or read the book, I cannot say for sure. I do know though that Savannah is a historic town, and Charleston, just up the coast is very beautiful. They are typical cities of the "old" south. I take it you will be based in Orlando and coming back to the hotel each night? If so, then Charleston is out and Savannah will be a bit of a stretch. You have to negotiate Jacksonville and that city at the wrong time of day can be annoying. Heck, Orlando has horrific traffic at rushhours as well.

I omitted Sea World in Orlando. THAT is worth seeing.....

I was thinking, you should go to the Florida tourist site: http://www.touristflorida.com/ and check out what you likely didn't know from us or friends. What time of year are you going?

Eki
26th January 2010, 18:20
Anthonyvop

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 18:37
AnthonyvopTony would be an attraction to all his own...lol

No..AFF said he didn't have time to get down to Miami, which is where I do believe Herr Tony lives...

A.F.F.
26th January 2010, 18:48
Yes, I heard about the rush hours in Orlando. I bet they are one to avoid if possible. You got it right. We stay at hotel in Orlando so we'll be making day trips. And we go there 10th of April so it's pretty soon. But if we start our day VERY early we'll have a chance to see Savannah at day time and get back to Orlando by night ??

Cheers for all advice and keep them coming if anything pops in mind. :)

A.F.F.
26th January 2010, 18:57
As I recall right, Anthonyvop is my biggest fan in scale where you don't like somebody very much. As much I wanted to see him, I don't think the feeling is quite mutual :D

But, like I said, i wasn't palling on going to Miami, purely for the reason we just don't have enough time :/

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 19:04
Yes, I heard about the rush hours in Orlando. I bet they are one to avoid if possible. You got it right. We stay at hotel in Orlando so we'll be making day trips. And we go there 10th of April so it's pretty soon. But if we start our day VERY early we'll have a chance to see Savannah at day time and get back to Orlando by night ??

Cheers for all advice and keep them coming if anything pops in mind. :)

Savannah will be a long day. I have it figured out for around 280 miles from the west side of Orlando (where Disney and the Universal Studio's themeparks are) to downtown Savannah. It is a really nice city from what I have seen on Google tho. Might be worth it, but you are looking a just shy of 5 hours drive if you hit no traffic ONE way. Of course, if you grab a hotel, then getting up at 6am, getting through Orlando puts you in Savannah before Noon...look all day, spend the night and be back in Orlando by noon the next day. It is doable...but not sure if you want that extra cost.

pino
26th January 2010, 19:44

Me and my family have been to Orlando twice and we did enjoy everything...even the food :p : We went to Disney World of course and Sea World, Universal Studios, Pleasure Island as well as Bush Garden in Tampa. Down town Orlando also has a lot of fun places and activities such as the haunted house Skull Castle.

For more details I will pm you ;)

A.F.F.
26th January 2010, 19:53
Please do pino :up:

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 19:56
There you go AFF...Pino will look after you...lol...I haven't been there as a tourist in years...I just drove through it every other month for a 2 years.

tannat
26th January 2010, 20:13
As it is my home I'd forget any trips to south Georgia-simply not much there except the Okefenokee (sp for certain) Swamp and Savannah.

Spend your time in FLA....

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 20:24
As it is my home I'd forget any trips to south Georgia-simply not much there except the Okefenokee (sp for certain) Swamp and Savannah.

Spend your time in FLA....

Tannat...lol...it was my take on most of Georgia outside of a few tasty bits such as Savannah, The Air museum in Warner Robins, Andersonville, and all the neat stuff in Atlanta and environs. Of course...that means driving in Atlanta..which isn't fun AT all.

tannat
26th January 2010, 21:31
Tannat...lol...it was my take on most of Georgia outside of a few tasty bits such as Savannah, The Air museum in Warner Robins, Andersonville, and all the neat stuff in Atlanta and environs. Of course...that means driving in Atlanta..which isn't fun AT all.

Hmmm-forgotten about Warner Robins AFB-wasn't aware of an air museum there...

Andersonville is a bit off the dusty path-but he could make it there.

Your advice is spot on about Atlanta :up:

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 22:09
Hmmm-forgotten about Warner Robins AFB-wasn't aware of an air museum there...

Andersonville is a bit off the dusty path-but he could make it there.

Your advice is spot on about Atlanta :up:

Big Air Museum at the south end of the AFB. I used to deliver almost right across the street, and always meant to go in, but never got around to it.

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 22:14
. And we go there 10th of April so it's pretty soon. :)

I just checked the NHL sched. That is the last weekend of the regular season, so unless Tampa makes the playoffs, you wont see them there. Tampa does play Florida in the last game of the season on April 11 at the Sunrise Center ( or whatever they are calling it) just outside of Miami. So hockey is out, and you wont see preseason baseball since the Major league season will be underway. However, the Tampa Bay Rays will be playing and minor league teams will be playing, so if you did take the notion, it would be available. Of course, you didn't fly to Florida to watch a sport you may not get even after sitting all day in the sun drinking beer...lol..

Alexamateo
26th January 2010, 22:18
If you like fishing, central Florida is chock full of freshwater lakes, tours are availible and a 3 day non-resident license can be had for $17.

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2010, 22:23
I never even thought of that Alex, but you are dead on. I heard Okechobee is a great bass lake....

Heck AFF, go to Daytona and look up a charter and go out deep sea fishing for some Tuna or Marlin or something fun....

A.F.F.
27th January 2010, 06:29
That actually sounds very interesting. I like fishing.

I'm just not sure if my wife would show the green light to that...

Eki
27th January 2010, 07:47
I never even thought of that Alex, but you are dead on. I heard Okechobee is a great bass lake....

Heck AFF, go to Daytona and look up a charter and go out deep sea fishing for some Tuna or Marlin or something fun....
Okechobee...I like the way that rolls out. It's like okey-dokey.

Easy Drifter
27th January 2010, 08:08
My ex, who is housesitting for the winter near Ocala found St Augustine so interesting she spent drove there 3 days in a row to take in the town.
For fishing you could also try the Tampa area and fish in the Gulf of Mexico.
It is not far from Orlando to either coast but Fla is a long State north to south.

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2010, 13:50
My ex, who is housesitting for the winter near Ocala found St Augustine so interesting she spent drove there 3 days in a row to take in the town.
For fishing you could also try the Tampa area and fish in the Gulf of Mexico.
It is not far from Orlando to either coast but Fla is a long State north to south.

Very long....Miami to Jacksonville is about 7 hours or so..and you could drive 2.5 hours south of Miami out onto the key's to Key West.

anthonyvop
27th January 2010, 14:13
St. Augustine: Chock full of History and cool shopping. Oldest City in the U.S.

Tampa: has the Florida Aquarium and Ybor City. Bush Gardens is a great Theme park.

Coco beach/Titusville...Home to Cape Canaveral. Check to see if there is a Space launch you can watch.
Also the Indian River lagoon is a great fishing spot as well a full of Wildlife.

Sebring International Raceway is about an hour drive away. Check to see if any event is going on.

Jupiter. Check out the Burt Reynolds Museum...I kid you not.

Fishing....just about anywhere. Just pick the kind of fishing you want.

Personally I would do everything in my power to get out of "Boreland" Even if you can't make it all the way down to Miami hit Downtown Palm Beach of Ft Lauderdale Las Olas River walk for some adult fun.

Daniel
27th January 2010, 14:55

Perhaps it's just me AFF but I don't see your wife as the fishing type :D

Daniel
27th January 2010, 15:01
Jupiter. Check out the Burt Reynolds Museum...I kid you not.

Is there a Tom Selleck Museum as well? :D

edv
27th January 2010, 15:34
Perhaps it's just me AFF but I don't see your wife as the fishing type :D

My wife and I went fishing in a charter off Ft Myers, Florida not long ago, in rough seas.
Not only did she NOT get seasick like the rest of us, she caught her limit well before any of the men on the boat!
Had a great BBQ that night.
Never underestimate a woman's fishing prowess!

Daniel
27th January 2010, 15:38
My wife and I went fishing in a charter off Ft Myers, Florida not long ago, in rough seas.
Not only did she NOT get seasick like the rest of us, she caught her limit well before any of the men on the boat!
Men were probably all drunk and she wasn't :p

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2010, 16:09

Just remember, it takes a lot to be too drunk to fish!!!

I just remembered, I wonder if Cypress Gardens up near Ocala is the draw it used to be in the 50's...

schmenke
27th January 2010, 16:30

Similar experience here. Several years ago my wife and I went deep sea salmon fishing off the coast of San Francisco. We both had a fantastic time and I would certainly recommend it!
As for FLA, I was there on a family vacation when I was 11. That was some time ago... :erm:

A.F.F.
27th January 2010, 20:29
Ok, after long negotiations it seems that we won't be trying fishing :D also, my chances to see a NHL-game are very slim.

We probably will stay at Orlando for a few days and visit some of the parks there. But we'll also take the wheels out of the city and visit some places. St.Augustine sounds really interesting. I wouldn't mind visiting Tampa too. Plus, Daytona Beach is a must to see, that much we have decided :)

Thank you for all the tips you've given. If something pops in your minds, please share it :)

Hondo
27th January 2010, 20:50
1. Go to the beach and get bit by a shark in the Atlantic Ocean.

2. After clearing the hospital, drive due west. Stop at the beach and get bit by a Gulf of Mexico shark.

3. Proceed back to the east. Stop at a fishing lake between the coasts. Get bit by an alligator.

4. Finally make it back to your motel long after dark. Get beat and mugged by minority gang on your way to your room.

Day 2

1. Rent a boat and travel southeast until out of sight of land. Facing the southeast, challenge the powers of the Bermuda Triangle to "show you what they're working with..." and spit in contempt to the southeast.

2. Search continues.

3. Search continues.

4. Search ended, no debris or wreckage found.

5. A.F.F.'s wife finds out he was heavily insured and retires in Florida.

Daniel
27th January 2010, 20:52
1. Go to the beach and get bit by a shark in the Atlantic Ocean.

2. After clearing the hospital, drive due west. Stop at the beach and get bit by a Gulf of Mexico shark.

3. Proceed back to the east. Stop at a fishing lake between the coasts. Get bit by an alligator.

4. Finally make it back to your motel long after dark. Get beat and mugged by minority gang on your way to your room.

Day 2

1. Rent a boat and travel southeast until out of sight of land. Facing the southeast, challenge the powers of the Bermuda Triangle to "show you what they're working with..." and spit in contempt to the southeast.

2. Search continues.

3. Search continues.

4. Search ended, no debris or wreckage found.

5. A.F.F.'s wife finds out he was heavily insured and retires in Florida with only her husbands sexy sexy boots to remind her of him.

:)

A.F.F.
27th January 2010, 21:01
Minority gang? Is that age, count or race related? Or propably all of them ?

A.F.F.
27th January 2010, 21:04
I definately will have to pack my sexy boots with me. Just to show how I roll :)

Daniel
27th January 2010, 21:06
I definately will have to pack my sexy boots with me. Just to show how I roll :)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~fenix1983/Files/AFF.JPG

Sexy sexy boots :)

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2010, 22:00
AFF...since you are heading to Daytona, take a tour of the Speedway. It really is a pretty amazing place.

Oh ...and maybe spend a night at the dog races...I found watching the Greyhounds fun if not profitable ( I have less luck betting on dogs than I do horses)

Eki
28th January 2010, 11:00
Minority gang? Is that age, count or race related? Or propably all of them ?
You'll probably be mugged by seven dwarfs, some of them bearded and elderly. Hint: Avoid Disney World.

A.F.F.
28th January 2010, 14:53
I hear you Eki.

Last time I visited Disney Paris Resort, this one guy tried to tackle Goofy. I mean the guy was mental. I personally think Disney characters are tired of being pushed around. I think it's payback time. But I'm going anyway. And when I go, I'm gonna stare straight at Mickey's eyes and say; Mr.Mouse, this Magic Kingdom isn't big enough for the both of us. Bring it on!

On serious note... I really got interested in the chance of fishing there... I think it's time for a re-negotiation.

Mark in Oshawa
28th January 2010, 21:14
AFF...there is lots of opportunities for fish murdering...lol...

Easy Drifter
30th January 2010, 00:52
Remember if you do go fishing you will need a Non Resident Fishing License. My understanding is there are two. One for fresh water and a different one for salt water. I have no idea of cost.

Alexamateo
30th January 2010, 01:21
Remember if you do go fishing you will need a Non Resident Fishing License. My understanding is there are two. One for fresh water and a different one for salt water. I have no idea of cost.

There are seperate licenses for fresh and saltwater.

Fees for each are $17 for 3 day, $30 for 7 day, and $47 for annual.

A.F.F.
28th April 2010, 07:40
Whoopsie Daizie.

Our one week vacation turned into a two week vacation, all thanks to Iceland and that ash cloud :D

But seriously, thanks for all the tips, we had a blast.

I'm still amazed how people are there. So polite, so friendly, open and warm. To be honest, coming back to Finland was a bit of a culture shock. But it took about a day to remember how things work here. You can push in the lines, people at service position don't have to greet customers not to mention talk at all. And the traffic. Oh my, the most I liked Florida was to drive there :) It was great. I still don't understand it. It looked chaotic but it just worked !!

All in all, I fell in love the place. One of the best vacations ever. :up:

anthonyvop
28th April 2010, 13:21
Whoopsie Daizie.

Our one week vacation turned into a two week vacation, all thanks to Iceland and that ash cloud :D

I'm still amazed how people are there. So polite, so friendly, open and warm. To be honest, coming back to Finland was a bit of a culture shock. But it took about a day to remember how things work here. You can push in the lines, people at service position don't have to greet customers not to mention talk at all. And the traffic. Oh my, the most I liked Florida was to drive there :) It was great. I still don't understand it. It looked chaotic but it just worked !!

Your Welcome!!!

gloomyDAY
28th April 2010, 13:45
Did you go to Miami? Pics of AFF and the wife streaking please!!

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2010, 13:59
Whoopsie Daizie.

Gee...you were FORCED to spend another week in Florida? Oh my..you suffer so...the only place one cannot take an extra week of is Las Vegas...because you would be bankrupt!!!

You should give us a travelogue or give us the lowdown on what you did. Glad you had fun there...

A.F.F.
28th April 2010, 19:14
Yeah... sucks eh? From all the places in the world, being stuck at Florida :D

First of all, they didn't have convertibles I pre-rent so I got to choose whatever the car I wanted. So, I took one of those Jeep Wranglers, maxi-sized :D I loved that vehicle.

Obviously, as the innerchild is strong with us, we took the attractions. Universal both parks which I have to say are way better than Disney ones. And I have to say that the Magic Kingdom at Paris is better than the original one because the rides at Paris are more for adult taste. But we also visited Disney Studios which was fun. Especially Aerosmith Rock' Roll Coaster. But the best rides were Kraken and Manta at Sea World. Manta ... that's pretty decent rollercoaster ... if you don't know what I mean, check it out.

And since we were stranded, we got the Busch Garden and Sea World free of charge by showing our flightplan. Too bad Busch Garden was closed those days we would have the chance to go there. But, to be honest with, we went to so many parks, it started to come out from my ears so it didn't matter.

At the second week we had plenty of time hence we visited all the attractions at first week we just cruised around and hanged out. We went to Daytona Beach for couple of more days where we spent the whole day. It was really nice to drive the Jeep on the beach. Also, we drove all around visiting different communities just to see how regular people live there. For a couple of evenings we went to downtown Orlando to see the clubs and night life.

What else... we took a helicopter ride over the International Drive area. Oh, this gotta be the best piece of dialogue I had in the whole trip. While we studied the board where the different helicopter rides and prices were on the wall, young chick behind the desk chewed bubblegum and checked me and my wife from nose to toe. Then she said; " If you wanna know how long the helicopter rides last, you can ask me". The I said;" Ok, how long the helicopter rides last?". Then she started telling them.... well, it was much funniesr at the scene :D

Like I said earlier, I really REALLY loved to drive there. Thanks Tony for tips. :up: I bought the sunpass, used regular gas and took 10 mph overspeed and it all worked like a dream. on the second week we had to change the car to Dodge Caliber which was much better on Interstates than the Jeep. We didn't use the gps since all the signs and marks were so clear and the traffic... it just flows forward. It was amazing !!!! It was so enjoyble. People here thought me pretty boring as I said the driving there was the best but I love to drive and now I love to drive in US.

And due to the ash cloud, the second week people really took care of us. Car rental was half price. Hotel was half prize. Hot breakfast was free. Heck, at the flee market folks wanted to do their share and gave us discount... btw... flee markets seemed to be the most expensive places anyhow ;) But it wasn't the discount that amazed me but the genuine worry that are we all right.

So we met dozens of nice people there both American and foreign. And made some good friends there too. All in all, one of the best vacations ever and my wife who visited US the first time, and had a small attitude towards it before the trip, changed her mind and now wants to go again. Next time were going to make a road trip without any hotel reservations and drive if not through the states, then some kind of other journey.

Too bad the playoffs were a dream to the teams from Florida. So my first ever live-NHL game is till to be seen.

Only thing that was a bummer, I didn't get to see my man JB since we had to stay near Orlando and be alert if the flights started to function. It would have been nice to crab a beer or two with you.

Eki
28th April 2010, 20:23
Only thing that was a bummer, I didn't get to see my man JB since we had to stay near Orlando and be alert if the flights started to function. It would have been nice to crab a beer or two with you.
JB? Jenson Button? Jim Beam?

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2010, 23:42
Yeah... sucks eh? From all the places in the world, being stuck at Florida :D

First of all, they didn't have convertibles I pre-rent so I got to choose whatever the car I wanted. So, I took one of those Jeep Wranglers, maxi-sized :D I loved that vehicle.

Obviously, as the innerchild is strong with us, we took the attractions. Universal both parks which I have to say are way better than Disney ones. And I have to say that the Magic Kingdom at Paris is better than the original one because the rides at Paris are more for adult taste. But we also visited Disney Studios which was fun. Especially Aerosmith Rock' Roll Coaster. But the best rides were Kraken and Manta at Sea World. Manta ... that's pretty decent rollercoaster ... if you don't know what I mean, check it out.

And since we were stranded, we got the Busch Garden and Sea World free of charge by showing our flightplan. Too bad Busch Garden was closed those days we would have the chance to go there. But, to be honest with, we went to so many parks, it started to come out from my ears so it didn't matter.

At the second week we had plenty of time hence we visited all the attractions at first week we just cruised around and hanged out. We went to Daytona Beach for couple of more days where we spent the whole day. It was really nice to drive the Jeep on the beach. Also, we drove all around visiting different communities just to see how regular people live there. For a couple of evenings we went to downtown Orlando to see the clubs and night life.

What else... we took a helicopter ride over the International Drive area. Oh, this gotta be the best piece of dialogue I had in the whole trip. While we studied the board where the different helicopter rides and prices were on the wall, young chick behind the desk chewed bubblegum and checked me and my wife from nose to toe. Then she said; " If you wanna know how long the helicopter rides last, you can ask me". The I said;" Ok, how long the helicopter rides last?". Then she started telling them.... well, it was much funniesr at the scene :D

Like I said earlier, I really REALLY loved to drive there. Thanks Tony for tips. :up: I bought the sunpass, used regular gas and took 10 mph overspeed and it all worked like a dream. on the second week we had to change the car to Dodge Caliber which was much better on Interstates than the Jeep. We didn't use the gps since all the signs and marks were so clear and the traffic... it just flows forward. It was amazing !!!! It was so enjoyble. People here thought me pretty boring as I said the driving there was the best but I love to drive and now I love to drive in US.

And due to the ash cloud, the second week people really took care of us. Car rental was half price. Hotel was half prize. Hot breakfast was free. Heck, at the flee market folks wanted to do their share and gave us discount... btw... flee markets seemed to be the most expensive places anyhow ;) But it wasn't the discount that amazed me but the genuine worry that are we all right.

So we met dozens of nice people there both American and foreign. And made some good friends there too. All in all, one of the best vacations ever and my wife who visited US the first time, and had a small attitude towards it before the trip, changed her mind and now wants to go again. Next time were going to make a road trip without any hotel reservations and drive if not through the states, then some kind of other journey.

Too bad the playoffs were a dream to the teams from Florida. So my first ever live-NHL game is till to be seen.

A racing fan and you didn't go to the Speedway? You didn't visit the NASA complex at Cape Cananveral? Oh my...you missed two of the best things in Florida.

Glad you had fun though and the next time you come to this side of the pond, don't be afraid to contact me if you need driving tips on good roads. Most of the interestates and a few 2 lanes east of the Mississippi I know VERY well.....

A.F.F.
29th April 2010, 20:02
Well, I saw the Daytona Speedway from very close, from the parking lot but I'm afraid we had a rush to the beach at that day and after the day at beach, we were so tired we drove back to Orlando.

Cape Cananveral was in our plans too, especially since they waited that shuttle to arrive due the rain but the second week was a little ... well, we had to be at close range to the hotel. I know it sound crazy now but being in the middle of that ash incident, we just wanted to be sure not to miss any available flights .. :mark:

Like I said, there will be a next time and well probably will drive all around. So, any tips are welcome and be sure we'll contact you Mark. Heck, we might even visit Canada too :)

Roamy
30th April 2010, 05:09
AFF 1800 Live Escort but don't ask them to go to that Sauna up by EKI's :)

Easy Drifter
30th April 2010, 06:26
If you make it to Canada there are lots of cities with a NHL team. But not Toronto. They have the Leafs. :D
There is a heck of a lot more to the US than Fla. and quite different. Same with Canada. It takes 2 days just to drive across Ontario without sightseeing.
If you do get back to Fla. do not miss Cape Canaveral.
Try and take in a sprint car race on dirt. The WOO if possible but even the local tracks are exciting. Sit up fairly high. You won't get as dirty.

Mark in Oshawa
30th April 2010, 06:42
Well, I saw the Daytona Speedway from very close, from the parking lot but I'm afraid we had a rush to the beach at that day and after the day at beach, we were so tired we drove back to Orlando.

Cape Cananveral was in our plans too, especially since they waited that shuttle to arrive due the rain but the second week was a little ... well, we had to be at close range to the hotel. I know it sound crazy now but being in the middle of that ash incident, we just wanted to be sure not to miss any available flights .. :mark:

Like I said, there will be a next time and well probably will drive all around. So, any tips are welcome and be sure we'll contact you Mark. Heck, we might even visit Canada too :)

WE would love to have you...although Daniel sent me a Google map link to some place in Finland (I forget why....lol) and I immediately thought..my god it looks like Northern Ontario!!!!

IN short....in some ways Canada might just remind you of home...unless you went to Quebec...or stayed in the cities...

Anyhow..glad you had fun!

A.F.F.
2nd May 2010, 09:12
I had a Canadian friend visiting once and he said it felt like he never left home :D

Fousto, too bad I didn't know about live escort possibilities ;)

But I'm aready planning the future road trip. Maybe in the west coast... or coast to coast.

Eki
2nd May 2010, 10:15
I had a Canadian friend visiting once and he said it felt like he never left home :D

Fousto, too bad I didn't know about live escort possibilities ;)

But I'm aready planning the future road trip. Maybe in the west coast... or coast to coast.
Two letters: AA (Avoid Arizona).

A.F.F.
2nd May 2010, 11:28
Two letters: AA (Avoid Arizona).

How com Eki?

anthonyvop
2nd May 2010, 15:33
How com Eki?

He is referencing Arizona's insistence of enforcing the law.

J4MIE
2nd May 2010, 16:42
AFF sorry but I have just read this, glad you had a great trip :up:

Eki
2nd May 2010, 18:11
How com Eki?
Six letters: Starts with an F and ends with an O.

A.F.F.
2nd May 2010, 21:19
Six letters: Starts with an F and ends with an O.

Fousto?

I think I'd had a blast with the F-man :up:

Mark in Oshawa
2nd May 2010, 21:27
He is referencing Arizona's insistence of enforcing the law.

Of course Eki thinks they are just sweeping people off the street and into camps too eh?

I think Arizona is just fine....and while I think they have gone a little heavy handed on this immigration thing, it is their state, and god knows the Fed's don't seem interested in stopping illegal immigration, but they wont give money to the state of AZ to help deal with their effects either.

Eki
2nd May 2010, 22:19
Fousto?

I think I'd had a blast with the F-man :up:
Yes, I think " a blast" is an appropriate expression. You know, he's armed to the hilt so not even coyotes can get him.