PDA

View Full Version : What to do with horrible Christmas presents?

Hazell B
22nd January 2010, 19:43
Today I spread two tubs of nasty magnolia-scented face cream all over my horse's tail to soften some mud that was tangling it all up. The mare had been ill yesterday and thrashed about in the mud in pain, so a comb alone wasn't going to shift these filthy knots. Face cream did :D

Now she smells nice, I have soft hands and one more unwanted Christmas present has been dispatched without being boringly binned :up:

Result!

Your alternative uses for unwanted presents?

Dave B
22nd January 2010, 20:06
One word: eBay.

Eki
22nd January 2010, 20:20
One word: eBay.
Is that also what we shall do with a drunken sailor? I've always wondered, especially early in the morning.

Langdale Forest
22nd January 2010, 20:36
I put them in the shredder.

Easy Drifter
23rd January 2010, 00:57
To be serious (Whot me serious??) our local TV station is having an on line auction of all unwanted Christmas presents received by staff with the proceeds going to Haiti relief.

Valve Bounce
23rd January 2010, 01:47
Today I spread two tubs of nasty magnolia-scented face cream all over my horse's tail to soften some mud that was tangling it all up. The mare had been ill yesterday and thrashed about in the mud in pain, so a comb alone wasn't going to shift these filthy knots. Face cream did :D

Now she smells nice, I have soft hands and one more unwanted Christmas present has been dispatched without being boringly binned :up:

Result!

Your alternative uses for unwanted presents?

Give it to the Salvos. By the way, have you ever tried Dermaclens on any cuts or wounds on your horse? I was prescribed this for my dog; the vet says that it was developed after the Bali Bombing to treat burns; don't know if this is correct, but it sure as heck heals burns and rashes super fast, and I use it on myself.

raybak
23rd January 2010, 11:09
Give it to the Salvos. By the way, have you ever tried Dermaclens on any cuts or wounds on your horse? I was prescribed this for my dog; the vet says that it was developed after the Bali Bombing to treat burns; don't know if this is correct, but it sure as heck heals burns and rashes super fast, and I use it on myself.

So Valve, how are those rashes going :) Have you told your missus?

Hazell B
23rd January 2010, 18:20
have you ever tried Dermaclens ?

No, there's something similar for horses (Green Oils) which I would use if they ever did get cut. But they don't, luckily. The only cream they ever have smeared on their bodies is Factor 30 Tesco Value suncream :p :

Valve Bounce
5th February 2010, 02:27
No, there's something similar for horses (Green Oils) which I would use if they ever did get cut. But they don't, luckily. The only cream they ever have smeared on their bodies is Factor 30 Tesco Value suncream :p :

OK! I have just tested Dermaclens on a burn, and its healing qualities are unbelievable. It was from my wok on the inside of my forearm, and the burn healed after only one application inside 2 days.

As I had posted above, my vet told me this cream was developed just after the Bali bombings to treat the burn victims. While I Googled the product and find that it has only been marketed for animal use, I have not hesitated and would not again hesitate to use it on myself. However, I am not recommending this for anyone to use on themselves as it is clearly identified for animal use.

gadjo_dilo
5th February 2010, 11:12
Don't think that I've ever got horrible things. Just things that I don't need or don't match my person.
I use to give them as presents to people to whom I don't have obligations but who enjoy receiving an attention. Usually on March 1st or 8th when women are celebrated with small gifts.

CarlMetro
6th February 2010, 15:25
What's the old saying? As give so shall ye receive. Naff presents are stored and then returned to the sender on the next available occasion, unless they have a reasonable value then I would use the Ebay solution too.

Incidently, I received a bottle of Hi Karate aftershave from an old friend at Christmas, I think it was the 11th of 12th time I've received the same bottle and he will get it back again in March for his birthday :)

Hazell B
6th February 2010, 17:39
But Ratty's birthday isn't in march, Carl :confused: :p :