PDA

View Full Version : Website for Brazil

SarahFan
22nd January 2010, 17:37
http://saopauloindy300.com.br/

^more confirmation this race is a go....although 49 days and as of yet no tickets for sale......and it appears the grandstand seating should present 'unprecedented' sightlines

anthonyvop
22nd January 2010, 19:33
domain: saopauloindy300.com.br
owner: RADIO E TV BANDEIRANTES RJ LTDA. (661509)

Apparently the Sponsor stepped up.

NickFalzone
23rd January 2010, 00:31
Well, regardless of what everyone says about the quality of the track, the possible ticket sales, or the international location, I have to say that 30 drivers at the first race of the season is pretty damn impressive for the IRL. I know it is partially because of the Brazil connection with some of the drivers, and the fact that each team is getting some sort of financial bonus to participate, but regardless of the reasons, this is a good thing for the series. It a couple of these temp drivers do better than expected, who knows, they might find a full or part time sponsor for the rest of the season.

SarahFan
23rd January 2010, 01:11
Well, regardless of what everyone says about the quality of the track, the possible ticket sales, or the international location, I have to say that 30 drivers at the first race of the season is pretty damn impressive for the IRL. I know it is partially because of the Brazil connection with some of the drivers, and the fact that each team is getting some sort of financial bonus to participate, but regardless of the reasons, this is a good thing for the series. It a couple of these temp drivers do better than expected, who knows, they might find a full or part time sponsor for the rest of the season.

um Nick.... you might want to take a look at the list of drivers and compare it to the silly season page

NickFalzone
23rd January 2010, 01:22
um Nick.... you might want to take a look at the list of drivers and compare it to the silly season page

Yeah. I don't really hold the "silly season" page predictions in high-regard, but I did just go to the indycar.com "drivers" page which I guess is a list of the "series" drivers last season (not including 500 one-offs). And the list was 30. Didn't go one by one, but probably not a coincidence. We did have a series race or two with 28 drivers in 2008, but I guess that 24-26 is more like what we're going to see in Brazil.

SarahFan
23rd January 2010, 01:27
Yeah. I don't really hold the "silly season" page predictions in high-regard, but I did just go to the indycar.com "drivers" page which I guess is a list of the "series" drivers last season (not including 500 one-offs). And the list was 30. Didn't go one by one, but probably not a coincidence. We did have a series race or two with 28 drivers in 2008, but I guess that 24-26 is more like what we're going to see in Brazil.

more like 20 or 21

Scotty G.
23rd January 2010, 05:18
more like 20 or 21

No, it will probably be around 25 or 26 for Brazil. If it does only get to 20 or 21 for Brazil, I will be shocked.

I actually don't think car counts are going to be much of a issue this year. There may be some musical chairs for a few teams, but I could see 22 cars being the absolute bare minimum number this year at a few post-Indy races.

I think Indy could have 40 entries this year, with the reduced costs and one week schedule helping smaller teams/one-off entries (look at some silly season lists and its not a real stretch to see how you could get to that number). They had 36 last year, remember and there are rumors perkolating of a few new teams forming/trying to form, plus a few old "favorites" looking to get back. Interest in the Indy 500, is very encouraging. We'll see if its still the same way come March.

I am actually more concerned about the Brazil event itself, then which teams and drivers show up. This has been a half-assed effort from the get-go and much of the event seems rushed and not entirely coherent. It could be a real buzzkill, if the event does not live up to expectations and it looks like amatuer hour.

SarahFan
23rd January 2010, 06:28
Better be prepared to be shocked

40?.... What the hell you smokin old timer

MDS
23rd January 2010, 18:49
I think Indy could have 40 entries this year, with the reduced costs and one week schedule helping smaller teams/one-off entries (look at some silly season lists and its not a real stretch to see how you could get to that number). They had 36 last year, remember and there are rumors perkolating of a few new teams forming/trying to form, plus a few old "favorites" looking to get back. Interest in the Indy 500, is very encouraging. We'll see if its still the same way come March.

I think we could have hit 40 when it looked like Honda was going to help its ALMS teams transition over, but the only ALMS team that might make the leap now is Gil, and I think that has to be doubtful. There might be some bumping this year, but not much.

The name of the game is survival until the economy gets better

Scotty G.
23rd January 2010, 22:40
Better be prepared to be shocked

40?.... What the hell you smokin old timer

We had 36 at Indy last year and the year before.

Only have to add 4 more to get to 40.

I am just saying that RIGHT NOW, with the interest that I know is out there and with what teams are preparing for in May, 40 cars would not be surprising at all. That could change by March, but its not that far from the realm of possiblity.

And with a few one-offs, Brazil's grid will be at least in the mid 20's. If Brazil actually ever gets off the ground.

SarahFan
23rd January 2010, 23:28
Pass the pipe Scotty

SUBARUTEAM
24th January 2010, 00:27
mark my works falla's - 36 will be the magic number this year, and in the foreseeable future

Mark in Oshawa
24th January 2010, 07:01
I see Brazil coming off, but will not be pretty on how they get it done, but we may not see the mess from up here.

24 maybe at Brazil, and I predict 20 to 22 depending on how many cars get torn up and how frayed budgets get most of the year.

Indy? I say 36 tops. I would like to see more, but I just have my doubts.

Lousada
24th January 2010, 12:05
With all the rumoured part-timers I would not be surprised if some races had 25 cars. Confirmed parttimers so far are the two Sarah Fishers, Davey Hamilton, Vision Racing and RHR. We might see Paul Tracy some races, Conquest Racing, Simona de Silvestro, anybody I forgot?

MDS
26th January 2010, 02:58
Here's the official announcement from the league. Looks like a good street course with a few hard breaking/passing zones.

http://www.indycar.com/news/2010/series/images/sao_paulo-inside-01222010.jpg

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=15687

71minus2
27th January 2010, 23:18
Looks like an unusual place for a circuit! I've tried to get the track right but there are trees etc in the way. Can only assume they will be removed or look larger than they are.

The long straight has a junction half way along it, i wouldn't be surprised to see the additional of a high speed chicane there.

Google Earth coordinates -23.515332,-46.641576

Blancvino
28th January 2010, 15:03
There are six 90° turns in a row. A new Track Record?

Pit exit is going to be fun.