PDA

View Full Version : Massa's prospects

Mark
21st January 2010, 16:37
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8472249.stm

Good to see him behind the wheel again. What's the prediction for Massa then? Back stronger than ever? Or bested by Alonso?

I am evil Homer
21st January 2010, 17:26
Many people would be bested by Fred so that wouldn't be a failure...it's more if he is beaten is he being shown up? I can't see that happening but as well I cannot see him being champion.....Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton are IMO simply better drivers.

Donney
21st January 2010, 17:47
I am sure he will make life difficult for Alonso on track, and I hope Alonso beats him.

gloomyDAY
21st January 2010, 18:09
There is no way that Massa can beat Alonso, none. I think Massa can just harass Alonso during the season but will not be able to put on a proper lunge for the #1 status at Ferrari. Shame, really, another Brazilian rear-gunner.

Firstgear
21st January 2010, 18:21
With Alonso working against him, and no MS to hold his hand, he's going to have a difficult season.

CNR
21st January 2010, 20:38
massa will beat the CHEAT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8472249.stm

Ferrari's 2008 championship-winning car through its paces at the Circuit de Catalunya.

massa the 2008 world champion ?

Sonic
21st January 2010, 20:38
my gut says Massa will be fastere on a single lap but Fred will beat him over a race distance.

christophulus
21st January 2010, 21:21
I'll go for Massa beating Alonso, why not? He got the better of Raikkonen in 2008 and the first part of 2009 - whatever Kimi's motivation levels he's still seen as a top driver. I doubt the accident will have slowed him down too much either, plus Alonso is going to have to adjust to a new team.

Langdale Forest
21st January 2010, 21:56
I think Massa will have lost his confidence a bit after the horrific accident that almost made him a cyclops. :(

Koz
21st January 2010, 22:28
I am sure Alonso will have an ace up his sleeve, he should beat massa easily.

Ferrari will treat Massa this year like they treated Kimi, and next year he will be gone, replaced just like Kimi was mid season by Kubica.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8472249.stm

massa the 2008 world champion ?

WCC not WDC.

wedge
21st January 2010, 23:29
Alonso will beat Massa but not easily

truefan72
22nd January 2010, 00:35
typically Alonso will be faster and better than Massa throughout the season, but massa will have his days if the car is any good. That will annoy Alonso and with 2 races in a row with a better result from massa, he will start accusing the team of preferring Massa to him, although hey will be close or even ahead in points . Alonso will then have a good result in the following race and not move over towards the pit lane at the finish, and start being distant to the team. An on track incident will occur to ruffle feathers between the two, and a safety car mix up resulting in a massa advantage will send alonso over the top. By germany, the two won't be talking. Monza will see either one announce their departure from the team for 2011.

Massa will struggle at times and probably push too hard resulting in some unfortunate mistakes. Alonso will drive well but make enemies fast at Marinello. I am telling you that both won't finish the season driving the Ferrari

Saint Devote
22nd January 2010, 02:15
Massa will be Alonso's most difficult teammate to beat. Remember the Brazilian beat Schumacher too at times to win. Felipe is very quick.

The biggest change is that Schumacher is not a mean-spirited person towards teammates generally. So the biggest challenge for Massa will be the Spaniard's attitude - he takes no prisoners.

One more amazing dynamic to watch - 2009 was a surprising season, 2010 looks set to be an AMAZING season.

callum122
22nd January 2010, 03:52
... I am telling you that both won't finish the season driving the Ferrari

Oh no, such a shame seeing as Alonso said he wants to finish his career at Ferrari :)

I Believe Alonso will be too quick in most of qualifying for Massa. And I'm sure the same will follow in races.

jens
22nd January 2010, 13:32
Massa didn't look too impressive in qualifying on slick tyres, so his performance against Alonso in that department is still in the air. But with his 2008 quali-form Massa would outqualify Alonso.

Mia 01
24th January 2010, 11:09
Rossi want´s a spot on the grid as soon as possible.

Problem for Felipe?

woody2goody
25th January 2010, 04:55
Assuming the car can challenge for wins, second or third in the championship is likely, as I can't see him beating Hamilton, Schumacher AND Alonso if they are all fighting at the front, because to me he isn't forceful enough.

I hope he wins the championship though as he's really impressed me over the last couple of years. Plus it would be an amazing story.

CNR
25th January 2010, 05:05
Do you have a link for this?
Every article I have read following Rossi's test has suggested he is doing it purely for fun and realistically in his eye's he is too old to consider the change. :)

not from rossi but yamaha
http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f1/news/detail/item385905/Yamaha-fears-losing-Rossi-to-F1/

Yamaha is "worried" Valentino Rossi's impressive lap times during his Barcelona test with Ferrari this week could inspire him to leave the team.

555-04Q2
25th January 2010, 05:11
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8472249.stm

Good to see him behind the wheel again. What's the prediction for Massa then? Back stronger than ever? Or bested by Alonso?

Massa is a great driver and proved this when he cleaned out Kimi in 2008 and was doing the same in 2009 before his unfortunate accident. He has matured brilliantly over the years to become a real top tier driver.

Unfortunately though, as much as I like my man Massa, Fernando is a far better driver than Kimi was and will probably beat Massa by a decent margin in 2010, the way Schumi did when he was still at Ferrari. I hope I am wrong though!

christophulus
25th January 2010, 07:23
Do you have a link for this?
Every article I have read following Rossi's test has suggested he is doing it purely for fun and realistically in his eye's he is too old to consider the change. :)

There has been a lot of speculation about what these tests signify. Why take Rossi and a team of mechanics all the way to Spain, when he could have tested in Fiorano and Mugello – tracks which Ferrari owns? Why go to the expense, for a start? And why two days for Rossi, taking his total time at the wheel of a Ferrari F1 car since 2004 to 14 days?

Rossi’s contract in Moto GP with Yamaha has just one year to run and observers commented that there was an intensity to this test which implied that it was perhaps a more serious evaluation of his potential to make the switch than previous tests, which were largely for fun.

However...

Rossi lapped Barcelona in 1m 21.9 seconds, in a 2008 car with 2009 tyres. The following day Massa put the performance in context when he went almost three seconds faster, setting a time in the 1m 18s

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/01/thoughts-on-rossi-massa-trulli-alguersuari-and-lopez/

It'd be an odd move to replace Massa with Rossi, yes he's massively popular and would bring in new fans to F1, but they won't hang around long if he's nowhere near the front.

Dzeidzei
25th January 2010, 08:26
It'd be an odd move to replace Massa with Rossi, yes he's massively popular and would bring in new fans to F1, but they won't hang around long if he's nowhere near the front.

Well, if you ask me.... if Massa was injured it would be ODD to replace him with Luca Badoer. Adn if he was no good it would be odd to give the drive to Fisico.

No wait a minute, it does make sense. Just expect the unexpected from the red squad. I think the wise guys are still in their place :)

ShiftingGears
25th January 2010, 08:45
Rossi in is not going to happen.

Mia 01
25th January 2010, 09:00
Rossi in is not going to happen.

Could be so, but.

MS to Mercedes
PDLR and Koby to Sauber
Nick as a third driver at Mercedes.

And remember, next time SD and Luca wont hesitate for Felipes sake.