PDA

View Full Version : This Summer Just Got Hotter

silverstoneclassic
20th January 2010, 12:24
This Summer Just Got Hotter

The Silverstone Classic is a three day festival with the very best classic car racing and world-class music concerts brought together during the great British summer in the heart of the British Country side.

The 2009 Classic attracted approximately 80,000 people. Altogether to Celebrate eight decades of classic motor racing, featuring some of the most valuable and highly sought after machinery ever raced, over 800 competitors will battle it out on Silverstone’s Historic Grand Prix circuit. Despite the fact that Silverstone and The Classic are well know for their incredible racing, the Silverstone Classic has began to become famous for something completely different ... its impressive live music. Last year the British boy band Blue reunited to perform their most loved songs, the Pussycat Dolls performed as part of their World Domination tour and Santana captivated the crowd with his only UK performance of 2009.

Paul King, Producer of the Silverstone Classic said “ The Silverstone Classic is fast becoming the ultimate weekend event. It has the best classic racing, superstar bands and a whole host of other things to see and do. As the most accessible racing circuit to get to in the UK , with by far the best facilities for the public, this is a ‘must attend’ event for all the family.””

Ross Bailey, Creative Development of the Silverstone Classic said “We want the Classic to be an event for the entire family. I am working on bringing new ideas to the Classic and giving it a younger appeal. Next year you will see new aspects to the event, including a Celebrity Race, After Party and large improvements on areas such as the food... Look, where not trying to say that the Classic has the best racing in the world. Or some of the most amazing acts doing world class performances. Or the best day you and your family will have out next summer or even that it may be the most exciting, adrenaline filled day you may ever experience. But believe me it will come pretty close.”

The event features classic racing cars from the early 1900’s to the 1990’s, from Formula One through Touring Cars, Sports Racing Cars and Le Mans Endurance Cars, all on track racing at this historic and demanding circuit.

With over 4,000 cars on display from the world’s most iconic car clubs, this is the premier event for any car enthusiast.

During the three day event, family led entertainment is a key element to the event with Fun fairs, concerts, air displays, exhibitions, shops and auto sales.

The Silverstone Classic is the biggest classic motoring festival in the world.

From flight displays to fun fairs, stunt shows to track parades, auctions to retail villages and most of all from Rocking to Racing.

Tickets for the 2010 Silverstone Classic are now on sale. For further information visit http://www.silverstoneclassic.co.uk .

Join us on Facebook
( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=270872276717&ref=ts )
and Twitter (http://twitter.com/Silverclassic)

Mark
20th January 2010, 12:46
Thanks for that. I wouldn't normally allow advertising but as this is for a motorsport event then it seems appropriate to allow!

MrJan
20th January 2010, 12:56
Yeah adverts for the Silverstone Classic are a good cause Mark, almost as vital as the sex ones :D

I won't be going though as my money is being spent on a trip to the Le Mans Classic. I'd imagine it's same sort of cars but they run through the night :up:

(thought I'd play like the BBC and attempt impartiality)

turves
20th January 2010, 13:01
I take it this is what used to be Coys? That used to be a great weekend, hope to be at the Classic.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 22:16
As nice as this one is, I still want to see the Goodwood festival, either up the hill or on the old circuit with all the vintage cars.....of course, I will not be getting to the UK any time soon.

MrJan
20th January 2010, 22:24
As nice as this one is, I still want to see the Goodwood festival, either up the hill or on the old circuit with all the vintage cars.....of course, I will not be getting to the UK any time soon.

If you're planning a holiday then the Goodwood Revival is a fantastic event. I know a few people who aren't really into motorsport but still go because it's such an event :up:

306 Cosworth
20th January 2010, 22:44
Tempted to go up on the Friday, expect it's less busy then? Would like to see a race schedule before the early bird ticket offer ends though.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 22:52
If you're planning a holiday then the Goodwood Revival is a fantastic event. I know a few people who aren't really into motorsport but still go because it's such an event :up:

I would still need a gun to my wive's head to get her there. That said, I get to England, I will find that gun!!!!

MrJan
20th January 2010, 23:16
I would still need a gun to my wive's head to get her there. That said, I get to England, I will find that gun!!!!

You need to lie to her, say it's a cultural holiday and do some of the sites and historical stuff. My brother took his girlfriend to the Wyedean rally under the pretense that it was picturesque and she'd see Tintern Abbey. It was certainly picturesque and we drove by the Abbey on the way to a stage :D :D

Mark in Oshawa
21st January 2010, 00:01
You need to lie to her, say it's a cultural holiday and do some of the sites and historical stuff. My brother took his girlfriend to the Wyedean rally under the pretense that it was picturesque and she'd see Tintern Abbey. It was certainly picturesque and we drove by the Abbey on the way to a stage :D :D

Tell me, is she still seeing him and did she make him sleep outside or at least on the couch afterwards??? lol

I wouldn't lie, I would say you are going and that is the end of it.....she has dragged me kicking and screaming to one figure skating competition, so she owes me one!!!!

MrJan
21st January 2010, 08:39
Tell me, is she still seeing him and did she make him sleep outside or at least on the couch afterwards??? lol

Well she has moved back to Toronto and left him in Manchester :laugh: but he's just got a permanent Canadian visa to move out there later in the year. And I don't think he was on the couch, although she wasn't too happy when she realised that she'd be conned into standing in a snowy forest watchin cars :D

wedge
21st January 2010, 12:44
:up:

For me the highlight of the event has been the Group C/IMSA GTs (sadly I originally got into enduro racing in 1994 when we finally got satellite telly) and now the David Leslie Memorial Trophy for 1990s Touring Cars has become a headliner.

Mark in Oshawa
21st January 2010, 18:23
Well she has moved back to Toronto and left him in Manchester :laugh: but he's just got a permanent Canadian visa to move out there later in the year. And I don't think he was on the couch, although she wasn't too happy when she realised that she'd be conned into standing in a snowy forest watchin cars :D

My Wife would leave me out there if I tricked her into THAT..lol.

The last time I went to watch the Rally of the Tall Pines was 4 years ago. The conversation that November day was like this : "Hey Hon, you want to drive 2 hours up to Bancroft and go watch the rally?"....her reply : "Are you sure YOU want to drive 2 hours up into the sticks to go watch a bunch of cars go by while it snows, sleets and rains on you? Are you right in the head?" I couldn't argue with her but I went anyhow...lol..

To each their own.