PDA

View Full Version : TRIUMPH / McCOY RELATIONSHIP ENDED AT 11TH HOUR

Rod Richardson
20th January 2010, 08:14
Stunned.....................

Bad news for Garry McCoy is that Team Manager of BE! racing, Rovelli apparently interrupted last minute contract negotiations with Garry McCoy as a result of which Garry is now looking for another ride.

The reason has not been disclosed but it was apparently not about the money...........read Garry's first comments after the split.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=39177

More from WSBK site............

"Triumph Motorcycles and BE1 Racing will enter four riders in the 2010 Supersport World Championship, including French two-time world champion Sebastien Charpentier, who returns to the series following a two-year absence.
The youthful ParkinGO Triumph Factory Team will consist of British rider Chaz Davies and American Jason DiSalvo, while Charpentier will be joined by Spaniard David Salom in the ParkinGO Triumph BE1 Racing squad"

It sounds to me like like the deal was pre-arranged to short-sheet Garry's bed........Poor bugger!

patnicholls
21st January 2010, 00:07
Harsh, very harsh - Garry was the winner of the first 500 GP I ever watched (2000 season opener in South Africa), sad to see him forced out of a rider like this after such hard work particularly coming back from so many injuries.

Surprising to see Charpentier back but it does give WSS a boost with a thin-looking grid of now 19 riders so far - hopefully a few teams that were 50/50 will see the grid and think it's now worth a punt.

21st January 2010, 06:53
:s hock:

TheFamousEccles
23rd January 2010, 01:32
It's a real shame, but I guess McCoy is in the same boat as West - not representative the target demographic, which to Garry's misfortune is the USA.

I think that Triumph might have kissed some race wins goodbye this season - a rookie on a nearly competitive bike? And Chaz Davies? I know the lad can ride, but he as had seemingly more competitive bikes before now?

Again, I hope I am proved wrong, it would be good for the series for Triumph to win a few.

NinjaMaster
23rd January 2010, 07:15
Giving up McCoy for Di Salvo is a big mistake and will cost Triumph podiums and possibly wins. He's also probably the most universally popular rider behind Valentino Rossi today.
Chaz is a gun and will do well.

NinjaMaster
30th January 2010, 02:45
It appears that Garry McCoy will replace John Hopkins to race/test the new FB Corse bike in MotoGP. So instead of finishing his career at the pointy end of WSS, he appears destined to roll around as sweep of the MotoGP field. :down:

TheFamousEccles
31st January 2010, 00:34
Well, I guess it's a paying gig.... It would be good if the bike turns out to be a weapon ;)

NinjaMaster
31st January 2010, 03:37
Well, I guess it's a paying gig.... It would be good if the bike turns out to be a weapon ;)
That would be awesome if they magically stumbled upon the perfect package that saw McCoy near the front. And until the season starts, we can always dream that it might happen...

The Phantom
31st January 2010, 20:56
I wonder if FB Corse will use 2010 as a development year towards a monster 1000cc bike for the upcoming change in rules? Perhaps Gazza has his eye on the big prize...

Rod Richardson
2nd February 2010, 22:23
MotoMatters' (Kropotkin) interview with Garry McCoy re 2 year deal with FB Corse. Obviously not expecting much during the development throughout 2010 on the new machine which is still under construction and doesn't know for sure but believes he may be riding all events.

Good luck to this deserving man who is exciting to watch on a competitive bike. Fingers crossed.

http://www.motomatters.com/interview/2010/02/02/garry_mccoy_on_fb_corse_the_first_year_w.html

Rod Richardson
3rd February 2010, 08:07
"MotoMatters' (Kropotkin) interview with Garry McCoy re 2 year deal with DF Corse."
Sorry guys............. it's FB Corse.

Must keep up my medication!