PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Trulli has Lotus F1 Racing seat-fitting

Giuseppe F1
19th January 2010, 23:43
Trulli has seat fitting in new Lotus.......gonna be tough for them to be best of the new teams when the car is made of wood however ;) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMEvl7lkwo

Giuseppe F1
19th January 2010, 23:52
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6237/lotusscreengrab.jpg

52Paddy
20th January 2010, 19:10
I like how he's honest and aware that 2010 will be a challenge for him and Lotus as a new (returning) team. I'm glad that he's still on the grid for another year and hope he makes the most out of what's at his disposal. I still think he has speed in him if he gets some motivation.

DazzlaF1
20th January 2010, 19:55
The more I hear of them, the more im impressed with their level of preparation

It helps when they've got an experienced head in Mike Gascoyne running the technical side

pino
20th January 2010, 20:47
I will not be surprised to see Jarno and Lotus starting races from 4/5th row :D

Sonic
20th January 2010, 23:32
GO LOTUS!

Really looking forward to seeing this car run.

jens
21st January 2010, 00:20
Lotus driver line-up looks really impressive in the general scheme of things - I mean it's better than any of the new teams plus STR and possibly Force India and Sauber among existing teams. That's half of the field.

I have special appreciation for Gascoyne as well. He has really kept changing teams a lot and been sacked a few times, but he has never given up and has started from the beginning again (before with Spyker, now Lotus). And of course I won't forget that with him Toyota had its best season in F1 (2005), so that must count for something. To me it looks like Mike is quite a strong personality and simply doesn't fit into an environment of a strict factory team. Actually I think Gascoyne is better at being a team principal or having a similar role like Ross Brawn currently (team principal + technical director), he isn't a "good subservient" really. I hope Tony Fernandes gives Gascoyne the freedom to flourish - so far he has arguably promised it, like giving him the freedom to sign drivers.

Putting all those factors together I'm not surprised, why Gascoyne and Trulli get on so well - they have some similar traits. Both are artistic personalities, who need the right environment to fulfill their potential. I hope the new Lotus team is exactly what both of them need.

In the beginning there were some doubts that "what exactly are they going to be", but by now I can say that without a doubt they have become one of my favourite teams. I also like the Asian factor - somehow I have always had a special sympathy for those, who come from that area. Something different to the traditional European (racing) culture, after all. I like the fact that the team seems genuinely serious with their long-term prospects - we haven't had such promising newcomer to F1 since Toyota... and before them, Stewart. And before them Sauber. :p :

I suppose the "Lotus" name is what will keep creating some polemic for traditional British motorsport enthusiasts. In the beginning I was doubtful about the choice of the name, but now I'm starting to see the point. It looks like the marketing goal of their F1 project (after all, Lotus is owned by Proton, who is funding the team) is to promote Lotus as Malaysian car manufacturer. It may be annoying for pursists, but it is always like that with new things. However, if they keep trumpeting for 20 years in a row "Lotus is Malaysian, Lotus is Malaysian", then finally people will get used to it. :p : From that point of view there wasn't much point to name the team Proton, because everyone already knows, who and what they are - Malaysian - and there isn't anything new to advertise in an F1 environment from that point of view.

Dr. Krogshöj
21st January 2010, 13:20
Lotus driver line-up looks really impressive in the general scheme of things - I mean it's better than any of the new teams plus STR and possibly Force India and Sauber among existing teams. That's half of the field.

I have special appreciation for Gascoyne as well. He has really kept changing teams a lot and been sacked a few times, but he has never given up and has started from the beginning again (before with Spyker, now Lotus). And of course I won't forget that with him Toyota had its best season in F1 (2005), so that must count for something. To me it looks like Mike is quite a strong personality and simply doesn't fit into an environment of a strict factory team. Actually I think Gascoyne is better at being a team principal or having a similar role like Ross Brawn currently (team principal + technical director), he isn't a "good subservient" really. I hope Tony Fernandes gives Gascoyne the freedom to flourish - so far he has arguably promised it, like giving him the freedom to sign drivers.

Putting all those factors together I'm not surprised, why Gascoyne and Trulli get on so well - they have some similar traits. Both are artistic personalities, who need the right environment to fulfill their potential. I hope the new Lotus team is exactly what both of them need.

In the beginning there were some doubts that "what exactly are they going to be", but by now I can say that without a doubt they have become one of my favourite teams. I also like the Asian factor - somehow I have always had a special sympathy for those, who come from that area. Something different to the traditional European (racing) culture, after all. I like the fact that the team seems genuinely serious with their long-term prospects - we haven't had such promising newcomer to F1 since Toyota... and before them, Stewart. And before them Sauber. :p :

I suppose the "Lotus" name is what will keep creating some polemic for traditional British motorsport enthusiasts. In the beginning I was doubtful about the choice of the name, but now I'm starting to see the point. It looks like the marketing goal of their F1 project (after all, Lotus is owned by Proton, who is funding the team) is to promote Lotus as Malaysian car manufacturer. It may be annoying for pursists, but it is always like that with new things. However, if they keep trumpeting for 20 years in a row "Lotus is Malaysian, Lotus is Malaysian", then finally people will get used to it. :p : From that point of view there wasn't much point to name the team Proton, because everyone already knows, who and what they are - Malaysian - and there isn't anything new to advertise in an F1 environment from that point of view.

I echo your sentiments, however, Proton is not funding Lotus F1 Racing. They have no equity in the team, either. The team is owned by Tony Fernandes and the Naza Group, and they only have a contractual relationship with Proton, who licences them the Lotus trademark.

On the other hand, the team's factory is situated only a few miles away from that of the manufacturer in Norfolk and Fernandes stated that he wants a strong technical cooperation with them. He was also open to Lotus Cars buying a stake in the team.

jens
22nd January 2010, 13:27
I echo your sentiments, however, Proton is not funding Lotus F1 Racing. They have no equity in the team, either. The team is owned by Tony Fernandes and the Naza Group, and they only have a contractual relationship with Proton, who licences them the Lotus trademark.

On the other hand, the team's factory is situated only a few miles away from that of the manufacturer in Norfolk and Fernandes stated that he wants a strong technical cooperation with them. He was also open to Lotus Cars buying a stake in the team.

Oh, I thought the Malaysian government is funding Lotus F1 via Proton. :)

22nd January 2010, 13:35
To me it looks like Mike is quite a strong personality and simply doesn't fit into an environment of a strict factory team.

Mike didn't get the nickname "The Rottweiler" without reason, although I always liked working with somebody who said what he thought.