PDA

View Full Version : France finds contaminated heroin

Hondo
19th January 2010, 22:50
France and some other countries have had some heroin turn up laced with anthrax. Very short article, won't hurt you:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.d25c1b91ce0086729e4f45cc87602c0 6.b1&show_article=1

Drugs like heroin, cocaine, and meth are not known for increasing one's life span. For all the hoopla about wars on drugs, interdiction will never stop or slow them down. Interdiction merely raises the profit level for the next smuggler. The only way to truly counter the drug problem is to eliminate the demand, do away with the addict.

I'm not a chemist. Is there a way for anthrax to occur naturally in heroin or not be eliminated during the refining process? Is this the start of a war between 2 drug suppliers? I don't think there is a government out there dumb enough to do this as policy.
Ideas anyone?

Daniel
19th January 2010, 22:54
Good way of removing the more stupid members of society from the gene pool :)

MrJan
19th January 2010, 22:58
Heroin is a nasty drug, stick to meth is what I always say :D

Mark in Oshawa
19th January 2010, 23:20
Heroin is committing suicide slowly. Which is always why I find it ironic people defend "Safe" injection sites for the stuff....

Someone I guess wanted to see if they could put Anthrax in there and find out the effect. If you can put the Anthrax in Heroin, maybe there is some other legal drug you would want to put it in with and kill MANY. I bet this wasn't no accident.

MrJan
19th January 2010, 23:43
Actually putting Anthrax in Heroin is a terrible idea for any aspiring drug baron so I'm not sure who would want to do it, except maybe someone with a meth lab or who produces something fairly potent.

THe other option, and IMO the far more likely one, is that this is all part of an anti-drugs drive.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 00:04
Actually putting Anthrax in Heroin is a terrible idea for any aspiring drug baron so I'm not sure who would want to do it, except maybe someone with a meth lab or who produces something fairly potent.

THe other option, and IMO the far more likely one, is that this is all part of an anti-drugs drive.

No...not an anti drugs drive...but a little experiment maybe by someone who wanted to see if anthrax could be attached to heroin. If so, maybe it would work with something less innoculous?

I dunno...it makes no logical sense.

Jag_Warrior
20th January 2010, 03:44
Caveat emptor.

ShiftingGears
20th January 2010, 07:42
Heroin is committing suicide slowly. Which is always why I find it ironic people defend "Safe" injection sites for the stuff....

The 'safe' part refers to sterile needles. Relatively, it's safer.

MrJan
20th January 2010, 09:24
No...not an anti drugs drive...but a little experiment maybe by someone who wanted to see if anthrax could be attached to heroin.

What makes you so sure?

Hondo
20th January 2010, 10:08
I know from time to time one dealer will attempt to poison another dealers supply to frighten the other guy's customers and pick up some more market share himself. But anthrax seems a little high tech for that sort of thing. Or is anthrax easy to produce?

Hondo
20th January 2010, 10:09
To me, the story isn't that unusual. The anthrax angle is unusual.

Hondo
20th January 2010, 15:27
The narcotic trade is a common source of revenue for terrorist organizations. It is somewhat chilling to think that perhaps this batch of heroin spent part of it's processing time in a lab that is also used to develop anthrax. According to wiki, anthrax spores are tough little buggers and not easy to destroy.

edv
20th January 2010, 16:59
Well, in the absence of any rational explanation....just blame Bush!

Langdale Forest
20th January 2010, 17:50
Heroin is a nasty drug, stick to meth is what I always say :D

:rolleyes: :uhoh:

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 20:28
What makes you so sure?

Jan, if you think about it, what logical reason would ANYONE sane put anthrax with drugs? Drug dealers wouldn't have access to it, the drug lords have the money and the power to maybe get it, but why kill off your customers any faster and get the authorites onto it? No....I am only guessing I freely admit, but as I thought about it, I thought about the possible terrorist angle, and how maybe if they found a way to distribute anthrax thru drugs, how many people would they scare or kill? Putting in Heroin maybe was their infiltration of a criminal enterprise to run their little experienment, and if a couple of junkies die from it, no one may not be the wiser but it would be noted and then you would have your results without really tipping off your real targets...

So if they figure out anthrax can be put with heroin, maybe they could find a way to distribute it with other drugs that may be more legal? Say infiltrate a phrama company to distribute this stuff???

MrJan
20th January 2010, 21:13
Jan, if you think about it, what logical reason would ANYONE sane put anthrax with drugs?

I can't think of one, nor can I think why any terrorists would bother (there is big money in Heroin and anthrax is such potent stuff that I don't think there is any need for trial runs). That's why I suggested that it could just be propaganda in the fight against drugs :)

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 21:32
I can't think of one, nor can I think why any terrorists would bother (there is big money in Heroin and anthrax is such potent stuff that I don't think there is any need for trial runs). That's why I suggested that it could just be propaganda in the fight against drugs :)

Hey, that is a thought, but I don't know if any government would be stupid enough to put Antrax in heroin...but this was France right?

MrJan
20th January 2010, 22:22
Hey, that is a thought, but I don't know if any government would be stupid enough to put Antrax in heroin...but this was France right?

Who said that they put Anthrax in it? ;) http://www.exeweb.com/forums/images/smilies/rowans-nose.gif

Only takes a scientist to be given a press release to pass to the media and you've got an almighty s***storm which turns drugs into something far more scary. If you take Heroin once you might OD and will almost certainly become addicted and begin the long, slow road. When Anthrax is involved the risk of getting part of that tainted batch (or what was reported as a tainted batch) makes the odds of dying sky rocket.

I really don't know what to think. Drugs are f***ed up anyway but it takes a specially sick son of a bitch to start adding anthrax. None of it really makes sense to me but I do think that the possibility of a government cooking up this sort of story makes slightly more sense.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 22:50
Who said that they put Anthrax in it? ;) http://www.exeweb.com/forums/images/smilies/rowans-nose.gif

Only takes a scientist to be given a press release to pass to the media and you've got an almighty s***storm which turns drugs into something far more scary. If you take Heroin once you might OD and will almost certainly become addicted and begin the long, slow road. When Anthrax is involved the risk of getting part of that tainted batch (or what was reported as a tainted batch) makes the odds of dying sky rocket.

I really don't know what to think. Drugs are f***ed up anyway but it takes a specially sick son of a bitch to start adding anthrax. None of it really makes sense to me but I do think that the possibility of a government cooking up this sort of story makes slightly more sense.

Governments I thought were all about helping people on drugs...or in Canada you are considered a neanderthal if you don't support "Safe" injection sites for Heroin users. Funny, I thought the people who help people with addictions call this idea enabling? Well I will say most governments are not that stupid, and our PM stopped the funding of that crap out in BC where drugs are a nice hobby for some, but the idea of even the most right of center democratic gov't putting anthrax in is just too wild to conteplate.