PDA

View Full Version : Nascar on Nasn-more than the Cup

wilko10
24th February 2007, 19:59
Really pleased to find Nasn are showing the Cup races again this year-after waiting to hear until the last minute!!

On their website they say "Check back for further announcements about additional motor sport programming on NASN. "
Anyone found any info on this yet-may it be too much to hope its some of the other types of Nascar races?

Regards

Nicki

djparky
24th February 2007, 20:16
I saw that as well...am thrilled that Nextel Cup is being shown again this year, with OW's ongoing "issues" I've gotten alot more interested in NASCAR since the live coverage began a few years ago

as for the other motorsport, well it could be the Busch series, Motors TV have lost the contract for it this year, or perhaps the Craftsman Truck series (which I think NASN have shown in the past) or as part of the Setanta Sports package the rumoured live coverage of the BTCC

DonnieDarco
24th February 2007, 20:24
They could show them all dancing the fandango in tutu's for all the good it'll do me and everyone else not able to have Sky or cable :(

acorn
25th February 2007, 11:43
interestingly on the nascar headlines page(of the nasn website) items posted on the 21-23 feb included 2 on wheldon (irl) testing at homestead and hight(nhra) having the quickest funny car run in history.

why would they include non nascar related news in nascar headlines? am i reading too much into this or is this the additional motorsport?

colinspooky
25th February 2007, 12:22
sadly the people in England on Virgin Media are simply not worthy of seeing it - we are second class citizens, and about now I am screaming blue murder inside.
I understand swearing is not allowed on this forum, and that's a good thing, so can you please imagine now a long bitter stream of swearing.
Come on NASN - that the heck you playing at. Get your NASCAR coverage on to Virgin too - what is the problem.
I have called them a couple of times, and all I get is call centre staff who don't have a clue what even NASCAR is - great.

jeffmr2
25th February 2007, 13:03
I'm not saying this to wind any of you up but why dont you just take out a sky and nasn subscription instead of virgin media?

colinspooky
25th February 2007, 13:17
My beloved just asked me that, and I guess it's fair enough. BUT, I like my cable - it's reliable and it really is a case of devil you know.
Then she demanded to know why I don't just keep the broadband cable, and phone and switch TV suppliers. I didn't have an answer to that.
Anyone else have a mix of suppliers?

NASCAR8
25th February 2007, 13:50
I'm hoping we get some of the great ESPN shows like NASCAR Now. What we need is a NASN Motorsport channel like Speed Channel in the USA. :vader:

pentti
25th February 2007, 17:31
I'm hoping we get some of the great ESPN shows like NASCAR Now. What we need is a NASN Motorsport channel like Speed Channel in the USA. :vader: Just go to http://www.tvuplayer.com and down load it and suddenly you are in USA.Select wheels and then you have speed.Select several view options and it works well.Specially if you switch every thing else off.Tonight they show in speeds(wheels in tvu)pre show called nascar raceday from 6pm in uk time.8pm you can see the race in fox. To get tv listinings go to jayski.com and then left side tv listenings.

djparky
25th February 2007, 17:59
colinspooky- I have Sky for TV and Virgin/Telewest for broadband and phone- and it works just fine for me- I had cable TV (via the hopeless NTL) for a few years and vowed never to have cable TV again- especially as they didn't have Motors TV or Sky Sports Extra at the time (I'm not sure if they do now)- the Sky box works much better than cable ever did- no picture freezing or the whole thing switching off for no apparent reason- plus Sky generally seems to get the additional channels first

NASN is part of the Setanta sports package, which is why they'll shift NASCAR coverage to one of the other channels- if NASN already has live sport on it- again I'm not sure what (if any) Setanta channels Virgin Media already has

it's no suprise that Virgin call centre people don't know what NASCAR is- what they need to do is start offering the Setanta Sports package (if they don't already)

now is probably a good time to switch anyway- Virgin Media has lost the rights for Sky One- so if you're a fan of Lost, Simpsons, 24 etc you won't be seeing them for much longer on cable!

gary_580
25th February 2007, 21:26
especially as they didn't have Motors TV or Sky Sports Extra at the time (I'm not sure if they do now)

They do and have done for quite a while now

NASN is part of the Setanta sports package, which is why they'll shift NASCAR coverage to one of the other channels- if NASN already has live sport on it- again I'm not sure what (if any) Setanta channels Virgin Media already has

it's no suprise that Virgin call centre people don't know what NASCAR is- what they need to do is start offering the Setanta Sports package (if they don't already)

Virgin have the same Setanta package minus Setanta Ireland

now is probably a good time to switch anyway- Virgin Media has lost the rights for Sky One- so if you're a fan of Lost, Simpsons, 24 etc you won't be seeing them for much longer on cable!

And give into the childish dirty tricks of SKY. If it werent for cable we'd all be paying way over the odds for digital TV. Would be funny if Virgin did a deal with ESPN ;)

GARYGAZZA
25th February 2007, 22:14
Hi colinspooky have you got virgin broadband?Its on tvu,fox channel at the moment.I share your frustration at the moment .Im with cable and i am more than happy with it.I was with sky and found picture freeze unacceptable and very frequent.There aftersales are a joke I would never use sky again.Stick with Virgin because they have already ruffled a few feathers and gready SKY dont like it.
Just seen one of your treads i now know you got tvu

Abo
26th February 2007, 01:53
My beloved just asked me that, and I guess it's fair enough. BUT, I like my cable - it's reliable and it really is a case of devil you know.
Then she demanded to know why I don't just keep the broadband cable, and phone and switch TV suppliers. I didn't have an answer to that.
Anyone else have a mix of suppliers?

Yeah me. I've got BT phone, Vodafone mobile, NTL 10MB cable, Tiscali 8MB ADSL (well, about 5.5MB in reality), and Sky telly...

Abo
26th February 2007, 01:58
Just go to www.tvuplayer.com (http://www.tvuplayer.com) and down load it and suddenly you are in USA.Select wheels and then you have speed.Select several view options and it works well.Specially if you switch every thing else off.

Then just plug your PC into your telly via a composite or RF cable (or DVI if you've got a new fangled skinny telly), hook the sound up to your Hi-Fi and enjoy.

uskram
26th February 2007, 14:56
On Nasn Website

- NEXTEL CUP SERIES - Every race will air live or as-live on Setanta Sports Ireland and/or NASN 2 in the UK and Ireland throughout the racing season.

- BUSCH SERIES - Every race will air live or as-live on NASN in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics and/or NASN2 in the UK and Ireland throughout the racing season.

Yeha, bring it on!

cyd
26th February 2007, 20:14
They could show them all dancing the fandango in tutu's for all the good it'll do me and everyone else not able to have Sky or cable :(

now that I would pay to see :D :D :D .......but I share your frustration after 4 years of having NASN only to have it yanked away before the end of the flippin season.

jeffmr2
26th February 2007, 21:22
My tvu is working fine for fox but more often than not speed/wheels channel is unwatchable,any suggestions? I realise i'm lucky enough to have NASN I'd really like to watch trucks and nextel cup practice/qualifying as well.