PDA

View Full Version : FPA World Seires Round 6: Norisring

RaikkonenRules
24th February 2007, 12:23
Welcome to the Norisring street circuit for Round 6 of the Formula Palmer Audi World Series.

Today we are expecting Irishman Paddy Cummins to make his series debut.

Last race saw Peter Vuko finally winning for the first time, extending his championship advantage over Adam Sloma. Only 9 cars raced lasttime :( hopefully the grid will be larger this time.

Sloma will be hoping for revenge this round as he lost last time due to losing his front wing in a collision with backmarker, Neil Adams. Can he pull it off or will Peter or Steven Vuko steal it from him agian. Could either RaikkonenRules or BobZee take their first win. They are both there or thereabouts.

Find out on Friday 9 March 20:00 GMT after RRTV's coverage of the 25 lap race at the Norisring.

RaikkonenRules
24th February 2007, 12:27
Entry List: 13
#8 RaikkonenRules
#11 Jon Brown
#12 Pitor Borkowski
#15 Steven Vuko
#17 Paddy Cummins
#19 Adam Sloma
#21 BobZee
#24 Neil Adams
#39 Muz
#44 Alpha Fan
#51 Peter Vuko
#82 Johnny Shell
#666 Real Illusions

52Paddy
25th February 2007, 15:53
So is the deadline for this event 9th March at 20:00 ?

Hayden Fan
27th February 2007, 21:51
Is this for PC? Xbox 360 or xbox?

real_illusions
27th February 2007, 22:28
Is this for PC? Xbox 360 or xbox?

Whichever you have.

:)

Hayden Fan
27th February 2007, 22:54
I read the trd site you have and it doens't completely interest me. Thanks though

johnny shell
28th February 2007, 15:23
I'm down to a 44.23 in qualifications. can't get the codies site to take my checksum though.

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 13:17
43.67!!! I have no idea HOW I did it, but I did it!

the key for me is that little chicane - the quick right-left. I have a hard time hitting that perfect lap after lap. you gotta really hop that first curb - but if you hop it too much you get black flagged.

johnny shell
2nd March 2007, 19:52
43.67 is the best I can do in qualifications. can run low 44s semi-consistantly using lots of boost.

time to start working on my race set-up though.

did make some breakthroughs on set up here though! I was wayyy off on my camber settings, and I'm not running the suspension at full stiff all the way around anymore, either.

RaikkonenRules
4th March 2007, 18:26
Just got a codemasters account 45.59 with default set up. Not good, have never been good at street circuits. :(

RaikkonenRules
4th March 2007, 18:27
My times are under Sam Hempsall btw

RaikkonenRules
4th March 2007, 19:00
44:58 with soft tyres and 50% downforce. Now under RR 8

RaikkonenRules
4th March 2007, 19:03
will try again tommorrow

johnny shell
6th March 2007, 13:32
I am for continuing the championship, because I'm enjoying it and I don't see why I should stop having fun.

I'll take it over, or RI has offered to also.

so, I guess me & Real Illusions are still in!

who else?

(and I would vote letting RR continue, as long as his race times are consistant with his codies times)

real_illusions
6th March 2007, 15:40
i haven't had time to do this race, let alone any practising. Chances are i'll miss this one, which is a shame cos i really like this track..

Peter Vuko
7th March 2007, 07:31
I think we should put this Rd on HOLD until we sort out who is going to run it & who is still going to participate in the series. The "silence" & inactivity of practice /qualifying times from many confirms that people don't feel right about R/Rules behaviour. We feel a bit betrayed. What irks me most is that R/Rules still has not gone public & apologised. I am not going to do this Rd or any other in the series until he does.

52Paddy
7th March 2007, 08:47
OK, it turns out my entry to the series will need to wait. I cannot seem to find my saved game when I re-installed TRD3. When I unlock the Formula Palmer Audi Series, I will come back to you.

RaikkonenRules
7th March 2007, 22:12
I think we should put this Rd on HOLD until we sort out who is going to run it & who is still going to participate in the series. The "silence" & inactivity of practice /qualifying times from many confirms that people don't feel right about R/Rules behaviour. We feel a bit betrayed. What irks me most is that R/Rules still has not gone public & apologised. I am not going to do this Rd or any other in the series until he does.

Ok here's the public apology. I assure you the Adelaide V8 round was the only race I cheated on. I did this due to lack of time. I realise I should have just skipped the round and not posted any times. I now have a Codemasters regestration so I can now submit times.

Ok so can people now confirm whenether or not they will continue or not in the series please so I know who I can expect times from. I may extend the deadline if nessacerry.

Neil Adams
8th March 2007, 13:20
im out, i just dont have the time at the moment for these offline championships

Alfa Fan
8th March 2007, 14:12
I'm out for good too. Trust is the most important part of these offline series, and you've proved you can't be trusted. Plus I don't have a huge amount of time to do them either.

I also don't think its appropriate for RaikkonenRules to continue either, but thats just my opinion.

johnny shell
8th March 2007, 17:47
I'm in

real_illusions
8th March 2007, 19:56
i'm undecided..however, before the cheating escapade reared its ugly head, i was going to give this round a miss due to been very busy and it still looks that way...

If i do get time, i will do the race, but dont wait on me.

I dont think R/R can ever shake off the making up of his V8 times, and it seems some people are not willing to forgive. I'll be willing to give him a 2nd chance and continue running this ch'ship, he has done a good job so far. But, that doubt of his times will always be there.

If R/R agrees that he submits his time to someone like Peter, at least for this ch'ship, as well the codies hall of fame, then perhaps we can give R/R another chance at competing. We always want more competitors...Only an idea though.

Still undecided though on competing or not. I will keep the ch'ship on the website i made.

RaikkonenRules
8th March 2007, 20:07
I have times for this round on Codemasters under RR8. I'll postphone the deadline until Sunday, usual time (20:00 GMT)

It seems like alot of people are still very upset by this. Can't we just learn to forgive and forget. I've learnt my lesson and had the guts to appologise. It would be a great shame if people like Peter Vuko quit the series just over this silly mishap. What we have to remember is that it's just a game meant for fun. Some people are taking it way too seriously.

BobZee
9th March 2007, 05:35
It bothers me, Raikkonnen Rules, that you are attempting to minimise and shrug off your cheating. If you think that this sort of behaviour is acceptable and in "fun", then get the hell out of these championships. I certainly won't be taking any further part in the FPA series, despite really enjoying it up to now.
I am certain that I, like quite a few other competitors, will have lingering doubts about your future times in the V8 and DTM series.

Adam Sloma
9th March 2007, 20:15
I'm out!

RaikkonenRules
9th March 2007, 21:57
Well since most seem to have chosen to throw their toys out the pram just for one incident that have tried making ammends to then I'm putting the series up for sale and I think I'll withdraw and concentrate on the DTM.

RI it's all yours mate if you still want it.

52Paddy
10th March 2007, 11:05
Fair play to you for apologizing. It took a good lot of guts to say it. Having said that, it has given you a blot on your copybook and I'm afraid that because these series are so difficult to judge in terms of cheating, I will not be taking part in this series. We will always be uncertain when you have a good time on the race track and you can only blame yourself. I think this is a lesson in itself learned but it will take a long time for the rest of us to get over it. Enjoy the other series...

RaikkonenRules
10th March 2007, 11:11
Fair play to you for apologizing. It took a good lot of guts to say it. Having said that, it has given you a blot on your copybook and I'm afraid that because these series are so difficult to judge in terms of cheating, I will not be taking part in this series. We will always be uncertain when you have a good time on the race track and you can only blame yourself. I think this is a lesson in itself learned but it will take a long time for the rest of us to get over it. Enjoy the other series...

Thanks Paddy, finally someone apreciates my appology. :) I guess some people take this more seriously than others.

I'm handing over the series to someone else to try and keep people in it, you interested in taking over?

real_illusions
10th March 2007, 22:07
yeah i'll take it...been a while since i ran one actually.

Give me a couple of days to sort out due times etc, but this current race is still on! ;)

Thanks for running though it R/R upto this point.

RaikkonenRules
10th March 2007, 22:18
So it's confirmed, series under new ownership, Real Illusions has taken over the reins. :D

I am still willing to continue my race reports btw. :)

Adam Sloma
11th March 2007, 16:28
yeah i'll take it...been a while since i ran one actually.

Give me a couple of days to sort out due times etc, but this current race is still on! ;)

Thanks for running though it R/R upto this point.

If so, I come back to my favourite FPA Championship.

real_illusions
12th March 2007, 20:33
okie dokie then...

New deadline - March 19th at round about 8pm GMT.

I'll have to push back the entire series back by about a week or so..and i may try to change it a bit to fit in around the V8's and DTM.

So, lets back practising and racing

I shall need you race time and fastest lap for this round pm'ed to me before the deadline above.

RaikkonenRules
12th March 2007, 22:39
I think we should all confirm whenether we shall be competing in the series or not.

I think I shall scale down my schdule to concentrate on the DTM and V8s.
I will run at both Oulton Parks, Eastern Creek and Brands Hatch.

Peter Vuko
14th March 2007, 10:07
Lets get this series going again!! The top 3 times for Norisring at the moment are:
1.A.Sloma.. 42.91s
2.P.Vuko .....43.17s
3.J.Shell.......43.63s
Times are due Monday, so I will give it a quick go this weekend - the V8's are still my priority. If the turn out is poor I will consider pulling out of the series because I have so many other committments - DTM, Clio's & V8's!!! BUT I do enjoy this series - so roll up guys!!

johnny shell
14th March 2007, 12:15
wow. that's the closest I've ever been to the leaders. I hope I can remember how I pulled that 43.63 lap out of my arse!

maybe if I'm really lucky and enough people pull out... could I be sniffing that podium I've been dreaming about????

real_illusions
16th March 2007, 11:33
Come on guys..the series needs a boost right now by people competing!

Only 3 sets of times so far...

johnny shell
19th March 2007, 19:03
oh ****. I only ran 16 laps because I forgot how many laps it was supposed to be.

will you all give me an extension? I can run the race tomorrow night (Tuesday) and post wednesday morning US time.

real_illusions
19th March 2007, 19:39
sure..no problem

I'll start the next round thursday afternoon my time, and extend that deadline till the next round after than on 10th April.

might entice some others to take part..

johnny shell
21st March 2007, 12:07
oooooookie dokie. did my race last night, as promised.

ran pretty consistant 45's, which was good for me in race trim. getting the set up more & more dialed in, too, which should help in future rounds.

that's an interesting circuit. sometimes its fun driving a circuit that wasn't exactly designed to be a circuit..... like this one, or some of England's airport circuits.

looking forward to getting back to a 'proper' circuit next round though! I like Oulton quite a bit.

oh yeah - and I couldn't remember if damage was supposed to be on or off, so I just turned it on. damn! you really gotta watch your downshifts with damage on. run down through the gears too fast and POW! your gearbox starts changing gears whenever it feels like it!

real_illusions
21st March 2007, 14:59
Only 5 cars made it to Nuremberg. Everyone else probably got lost or abducted by german kidnappers on the way..

Adam closes the gap to Peter at the top with a win. The somewhat small field allows Jonny and myself to jump a few places in the standings, while Alpha Fan appeared to swapped his car for a shopping trolley, or was abducted himself by a 150 year old (who drove the race for him) before the race began.

Race Result:

Adam Sloma - 18:28.08 - (43.31)
Peter Vuko - 18m.44.97 - (44.20)
Jonny Shell -19:15.05 0 (44.98)
R_illusions - 19:21.61 - (45.49)
Alpha Fan - 20:08.85 - (n/a)

Current Standings:

1. Peter Vuko (1 win) 110
2. Adam Sloma (2 wins) 106
3. RaikkonenRules 68
4. Johnny Shell 65
5. Steven Vuko (1 win) 57
6. Real Illusions 56
7. BobZee 56
8. Muz (2 wins) 50
9. Neil Adams 38
10. Alfa Fan 38
11. Jon Brown 22
12. Lugnut 20
13. FoxyStoat 16
14. Craig Nayler 15
15. Crutts 3
16. El Sween 0
17. Micheal Booth 0

Some extra things coming up at Oulton Park as we approach the half way point and the 2nd half of the season.

Hopefully we can get some more entries for the next round and Alpha Fan can fight off his 150 year old abducter and make it Oulton and drive a bit faster. And everyone else can find their way out of Germany and to Oulton Park in Cheshire, which, incidentally, is great fun in real life when your in a 200bhp lotus elise ;)

johnny shell
21st March 2007, 15:12
gosh, 6.5 seconds between me & you. close!!! funny how no matter how hard I work and how much progress I make, you still end up chomping on my rear wing every single race.

I'll celebrate this podium, but I know it's comparable to Tiago Monteiro's podium at the 6 car F1 USGP in 2005.

RaikkonenRules
21st March 2007, 15:37
RI you forgot the Nations Cup :dozey:

Nations Cup:
1. Australia 120
2. Poland 106
3. England 85
4. USA 65
5. Scotland 37

real_illusions
21st March 2007, 17:43
yup jonny, make sure your rear wing and gearbox tastes nice by the time i get to it to eat ;)

RR - yeah, i didn't post it, but its on the website. Just posted the drivers on here.

johnny shell
21st March 2007, 18:08
you almost had me this time. in my trial run I made to figure our which tire compound to use, and reacquaint myself with the cars after the long break, I ran 19:30 or so....

I had the tire compound right in the trial run (100% hard), but made a couple of set-up changes and found a better line which took me down to the 19:15 I got in the race.

real_illusions
21st March 2007, 18:40
i usually dont have time to do long run practises. I stick the hardest compounds on and hope for the best.

johnny shell
21st March 2007, 18:54
ahhh... so we were both on 100% hards this time. that explains why afer 19 minutes of racing we were only 6 seconds apart.

for most these races I'm usually on like 75% hard.

real_illusions
21st March 2007, 19:09
yeah..remind me to nudge you out the way at the start of the next race, that'll force you to pit and me to carry on till the chequered flag waaaay in front of you ;) :p :

Adam Sloma
23rd March 2007, 21:35
Lets get this series going again!! The top 3 times for Norisring at the moment are:
1.A.Sloma.. 42.91s
2.P.Vuko .....43.17s
3.J.Shell.......43.63s

I have much better time on this stage.

1.A.Sloma.. 42.42s
2.P.Vuko .....43.17s
3.J.Shell.......43.67s

I won, but this victory does not gladden me at all. Finally, i didn't make any mistake.
I hope, that in the next race, will be us more.

Alfa Fan
25th March 2007, 04:34
I'm finding FPA really really hard using a keyboard....

So many excuses I'm starting to sound like Robbie Kerr....