PDA

View Full Version : New car

driveace
16th January 2010, 21:00
OK .you guys I need to buy a new Mercedes Benz C Class 220 diesel,4 door in white (Plain Colour).How much is the cheapest model in your country,without any taxes to export to UK.
Particular interested in Cyprus ,Denmark,and Holland,Must be RHD,but these can be ordered in any country.
My last new car I bought in Cyprus saving £8500.,after all shipping with Grimaldi,and ALL taxes and registration.
Find me a cracking deal please!

Drew
17th January 2010, 01:11
OK .you guys I need to buy a new Mercedes Benz C Class 220 diesel,4 door in white (Plain Colour).How much is the cheapest model in your country,without any taxes to export to UK.
Particular interested in Cyprus ,Denmark,and Holland,Must be RHD,but these can be ordered in any country.
My last new car I bought in Cyprus saving £8500.,after all shipping with Grimaldi,and ALL taxes and registration.

Denmark? Denmark has a 180% vehicle tax with VAT on top IIRC, I'd look elsewhere. Andorra, San Marino, Channel Islands tax free countries?

driveace
17th January 2010, 16:43
No Drew ,your missing the point here,IF a vountry has HIGH taxes on vehicles ,then the Car Manufacturers make the BASIC price of the car CHEAPER in that country,so that when all the taxes are applied,the price of the car is MORE OR LESS the same in EVERY country.
SO IF its taxes are high ,same as DENMARK,then the basic price of the car is CHEAPER.
When you buy a car to EXPORT IT TO THE UK,YOU do not pay any taxes,at all in the country you buy it in,ANd you do NOT register it there either.You pay the taxes only in the country where you are going to register and use it.YOU DO NOT REGISTER THE CAR IN THE COUNTRY YOU BUY IT IN,believe me ,I have bought about a dozen cars abroad, mainly in Belgium,Holland or Cyprus

odykas
18th January 2010, 12:29
Particular interested in Cyprus ,Denmark,and Holland,Must be RHD,but these can be

I think it's a bit difficult to find a RHD car in any European country, apart from UK, Cyprus and Malta. :rolleyes:

driveace
18th January 2010, 13:57
IF you can find the car at the cheapest price ,THEN you order one in RHD ,in ANY country,the price is the same for Left OR Right drive.
It is then ordered from the Factory in RHD ,they ring you when its in stock.I bought loads of RHD cars in Belgium. Fiesta for driving tuition,in RHD,and RHD drive Suzuki Grand Vitara in Holland in RHD