PDA

View Full Version : DVR Alert:

DanicaFan
16th January 2010, 20:05
Danica Patrick will be on an episode of CSI: New York on February 10th.

Jag_Warrior
18th January 2010, 01:22
Danica Patrick will be on an episode of CSI: New York on February 10th.

I say this with not the least bit of sarcasm. Really! If it makes you happy, it makes me happy... that a racing fan is happy.

Now, you understand that tomorrow I have to go back to gnawing on Danica's leg. But today, I'm happy for you as her #1 fan. The sport does need more people like you (only spread out among the other drivers).

DanicaFan
18th January 2010, 12:16
Here is a sneak preview of one of Danica's superbowl commercials. I must say...WOW! Beautiful... :)

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6783058/17630531

Chamoo
18th January 2010, 16:27
Although the idea of selling her as a sex symbol is kinda no good, the whole idea that Danica will be airing in an episode of CSI:NY and during the Superbowl in the GoDaddy commercials can only be good for the IICS. CSI:NY is about 14-15 Million viewers and the Superbowl is apparently 100+ Million (American numbers).

Now we need to get other drivers onto TV as well. I would love it if Izod could get a bunch of drivers into various Sitcoms, Drama's, and soaps before the season or during the season.

I threw together a few options on the blog including Hideki Mutoh on Desperate Housewives and Graham Rahal on the Young and the Restless. Great television viewing!

TURN3
18th January 2010, 17:42
Although the idea of selling her as a sex symbol is kinda no good, the whole idea that Danica will be airing in an episode of CSI:NY and during the Superbowl in the GoDaddy commercials can only be good for the IICS. CSI:NY is about 14-15 Million viewers and the Superbowl is apparently 100+ Million (American numbers).

Now we need to get other drivers onto TV as well. I would love it if Izod could get a bunch of drivers into various Sitcoms, Drama's, and soaps before the season or during the season.

I threw together a few options on the blog including Hideki Mutoh on Desperate Housewives and Graham Rahal on the Young and the Restless. Great television viewing!

No offense to Danica here but she's been flaunted this way since 2005 and it hasn't helped Indycar in any measurable way. TV ratings are at all time lows, sponsors are nowhere to be found, and there aren't any people in the stands at most tracks. She may have a better career off the track, certainly doesn't have that good of one on it, but it isn't for the good of Indycar.

garyshell
18th January 2010, 18:14
No offense to Danica here but she's been flaunted this way since 2005 and it hasn't helped Indycar in any measurable way. TV ratings are at all time lows, sponsors are nowhere to be found, and there aren't any people in the stands at most tracks. She may have a better career off the track, certainly doesn't have that good of one on it, but it isn't for the good of Indycar.

Not to condone these silly commercials or the princess, but are we sure they haven't helped? Where might we be without them? I don't know, I don't have an answer. But someone much wiser than I once said there is no such thing as bad publicity. So, I just grin and bear it with the proverbial grain of salt.

Gary

beachgirl
18th January 2010, 23:52

But how many of those viewing either CSI:NY or the questionable Go-Daddy ads are even going to know that she races in Indycar? I'd say about 13,999,990 or 14,999,990 of those viewers will just think she's an actress or model, if they think about it at all. I recall, but I certainly could be wrong, that only one of all the Go-Daddy ads had any mention at all about her being an Indycar racer, or "star". Where's the benefit to Indycar with no mention of the series? The benefit is solely to Danica and her "brand".

NickFalzone
19th January 2010, 00:20
Beachgirl, funnily enough I've brought up Danica in conversation with average "sports" fans and they always think of her as "that female NASCAR driver". This was long before she had any public NASCAR plans. I really don't think she brings as much to IndyCar as people think, or will bring as much to NASCAR as people think. I'm talking about drawing in new fans. She certainly is helping herself with this move, and with the regular commercials/print ads. And she will bring money in for her team owners. And she may well bring a few new eyes to NASCAR. But I don't think she brings as much to IndyCar as people think, the IRL has just become such a niche racing series that even having a star athlete is not enough to bring it into mass popularity, it has a lot more issues to solve before Danica even COULD help make it successful.

TURN3
19th January 2010, 00:52
Not to condone these silly commercials or the princess, but are we sure they haven't helped? Where might we be without them? I don't know, I don't have an answer. But someone much wiser than I once said there is no such thing as bad publicity. So, I just grin and bear it with the proverbial grain of salt.

Gary

Agreed, probably not enough scientific evidence to say. I will point out that during the Champ Car/Indycar split, Champ Car was putting more people in seats and had equal ratings (except for Indy of course). What that tells me is that Indycar would be right were it is with or without her. There are people on this forum that might have actual numbers to support a theory either way but that is my "common sense" analysis.

Easy Drifter
19th January 2010, 01:17
All I know is my satellite server is going to cr-p out on Feb 10.
And up here in the beautiful great white north US Stupor Bowl ads are blacked out in favour of insipid 5 year old Cdn. ads even on US channels.

Mark in Oshawa
19th January 2010, 02:15
Beachgirl, funnily enough I've brought up Danica in conversation with average "sports" fans and they always think of her as "that female NASCAR driver". This was long before she had any public NASCAR plans. I really don't think she brings as much to IndyCar as people think, or will bring as much to NASCAR as people think. I'm talking about drawing in new fans. She certainly is helping herself with this move, and with the regular commercials/print ads. And she will bring money in for her team owners. And she may well bring a few new eyes to NASCAR. But I don't think she brings as much to IndyCar as people think, the IRL has just become such a niche racing series that even having a star athlete is not enough to bring it into mass popularity, it has a lot more issues to solve before Danica even COULD help make it successful.

This has been my contention. Danica's reach to get new fans is over sold. Danica sells Danicamania, and god love her, that is great for her, but what it means to racing? Not much.

That said, I like DanicaFan's night being made that Day. I might even tune in since I do like CSI NY and it is always funny seeing people dropped into shows as Cameo's and seeing how lame they can look.

Chamoo
19th January 2010, 03:56
Whether Danica helps Danicamania or not, I don't feel that it can hurt her ability to shed some light on the IRL.

harvick#1
19th January 2010, 04:07
never seen any CSI shows and not gonna be bothered see this one neither :laugh:

TURN3
19th January 2010, 06:42
never seen any CSI shows and not gonna be bothered see this one neither :laugh:

C'mon Man!! You missed CSI Miami when they did an episode with then Champ Car? They even had actual race footage in the episode. I can't remember but I think they sort of used Stefan Johanson's team as the back drop. Now that was TV for real!

call_me_andrew
19th January 2010, 07:09
If a female athlete isn't a sex symbol, she is automatically presumed a lesbian.

Sad but true.

Mark in Oshawa
19th January 2010, 16:34
Whether Danica helps Danicamania or not, I don't feel that it can hurt her ability to shed some light on the IRL.

Chamoo...tell me how? Unless of course she plays herself...and even then, it will be a 30 second plug getting in the way of the show....

methanolHuffer
19th January 2010, 22:21
This will be as cool as the time Danny Sullivan guested on Miami Vice. Or the Ted Nugent one anyway.

Chamoo
20th January 2010, 00:14
Chamoo...tell me how? Unless of course she plays herself...and even then, it will be a 30 second plug getting in the way of the show....

To be honest, I'm not really sure how to explain it. I just feel that having 15 million people see Danica Patrick, maybe 1 million of them saw her Sports Illustrated issue. Maybe 100,000 of them have never seen her drive an Indycar before. Maybe 10,000 of them decide to google Danica Patrick or Indycar.

Who knows how much good it does, but it definately doesn't hurt with her exposure.

Mark in Oshawa
20th January 2010, 00:38
To be honest, I'm not really sure how to explain it. I just feel that having 15 million people see Danica Patrick, maybe 1 million of them saw her Sports Illustrated issue. Maybe 100,000 of them have never seen her drive an Indycar before. Maybe 10,000 of them decide to google Danica Patrick or Indycar.

Who knows how much good it does, but it definately doesn't hurt with her exposure.

Chamoo..the problem is that it is HER exposure, and she is all about that. She sells Danica Inc, there is no real evidence that her personal popularity is helping Indycar....

Chamoo
20th January 2010, 00:43
Chamoo..the problem is that it is HER exposure, and she is all about that. She sells Danica Inc, there is no real evidence that her personal popularity is helping Indycar....

Perhaps, but I'm of the opinion that if people become a fan of her, they may tune into an Indycar race if they are flipping through the channels one night.

I know there is no definate correlation between Danica's popularity and IRL fans or ratings, but I have to think that there must be some invisible correlation.

I see your point, but I respectfully disagree in this case.

gofastandwynn
20th January 2010, 00:46
I bet she will play Danica Tepper, long lost daughter of Danny Tepper, out to get revenge against the cops for the death of her grandfather in Miami 25 years ago

Chamoo
20th January 2010, 00:56
I bet she will play Danica Tepper, long lost daughter of Danny Tepper, out to get revenge against the cops for the death of her grandfather in Miami 25 years ago

Lol, unfortunately she will be playing Liza Gray.

Satabo Jr. will be playing Davi Santos alongside Danica Patrick who will be playing Liza Gray. I guess they will be "Formula car drivers" and will get into a fiery crash while driving an "expedition race" through New York City.

beachgirl
20th January 2010, 12:55
Does this mean that they'll have an "incident", she'll get out of the car ,and do a Danica Stomp and Confront? No acting needed to do that.