PDA

View Full Version : Clever Cars

Easy Drifter
16th January 2010, 02:08
I am amazed at how clever cars and trucks have become in Ontario.
I also did not realize that Premier McLiar together with Police Commissar Fantino had altered thing so said vehicles could obtain drivers' licences.
The testing clearly needs to be stiffened up though.

This is obviously the case as in news report after news report I am reading or hearing that ' the car lost control.'
Now the only way the car could lose control would be if it was doing the driving! :vader:

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 07:18
oh dear :uhoh:

wedge
16th January 2010, 12:07
ESP fail

edv
16th January 2010, 14:51
Did you text that post while driving??

Easy Drifter
16th January 2010, 15:05
Nope. Sitting at home typing with one hand because of gout in left wrist.
I do not even have a cell phone now.

edv
16th January 2010, 15:31
Saw a news report the other day that showed over 1/3 of drivers with GPS units on the dashboard are overly distracted while programming them.

Drew
16th January 2010, 16:45
I must have missed something here

Mark in Oshawa
16th January 2010, 16:56
I must have missed something here

You misunderstand Drifter's sense of humour. The head cop in the Province was talking about the "car" losing control. Last time I looked, cars had drivers that controlled them. The car does nothing without the driver, but I guess the top cop is very willing to blame the car only....

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 19:49
Not all cars have wheels! :uhoh:

Langdale Forest
16th January 2010, 20:14
ESP fail

That's a bit weird. :eek:

Drew
17th January 2010, 01:08
You misunderstand Drifter's sense of humour. The head cop in the Province was talking about the "car" losing control. Last time I looked, cars had drivers that controlled them. The car does nothing without the driver, but I guess the top cop is very willing to blame the car only....

Oh I understood, I just didn't realise if there was background information I was supposed to know :p :

Langdale Forest
22nd January 2010, 07:20
The thread title sounds a bit weird.