PDA

View Full Version : Beardtastic?

Sonic
12th January 2010, 19:42
What's the consensus on facial fuzz?

motetarip
12th January 2010, 21:18
I haven't shaved since new year but that's more laziness than a fashion statement. Plus most girls like a bit of rough...

GridGirl
12th January 2010, 21:24
I don't like stubble as it scratches. I suppose it could be ok if you got past the stubble stage and to a proper beard.

I am more impressed with a good moustache but I woudnt let the other half have one of those either.

Sonic
12th January 2010, 21:39
I haven't shaved since new year but that's more laziness than a fashion statement. Plus most girls like a bit of rough...

Join the beard revolution my friend! I've been bearded since new year too; although I am a bit cheesed off to find my chin has more grey than black - I'm only 29!

edv
12th January 2010, 21:42
I've discovered that shaving without a mirror may lead to uneven sideburns.

Rollo
12th January 2010, 21:48
Sébastien Chabal (French Rugby), Hashim Amla (Sth Africa Cricket) & Mohammad Yusuf (Pakistan Cricket)...

These three are all pretty beardy, but only Sébastien Chabal's beard has the power to scare even the dead.

motetarip
12th January 2010, 21:59
Most girls I've been with have preferred a clean shaven face. It does tend to be like wiping your girlfriends face with sandpaper when your faces touch... Or so I'm told.. ;)

What the hell are you doing face to face man? flip her over and play the B-side if she doesn't like it :cool:

Daniel
12th January 2010, 22:12
Chabal's beard is awesome :D My fluff could never compare to that.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th January 2010, 22:17
Sadly I can't grow a proper beard :( And even if I did it would be ginger! (I have dark brown hair)

Daniel
12th January 2010, 22:18
i've got dark brown hair and my facial hair is certainly not ginger.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th January 2010, 22:26
It runs in my family. No one is ginger yet both my dad and granddad had ginger mustaches. I'd really like to grow a mustache for comedy value.

Langdale Forest
12th January 2010, 22:41
Alot of people in the local area call ginger people carrot cakes!

Daniel
12th January 2010, 22:56
It runs in my family. No one is ginger yet both my dad and granddad had ginger mustaches. I'd really like to grow a mustache for comedy value.
Fair enough :)

Whenever I grow a bit of stubble people think I'm trimming it :mark:

I've got a moustache that is almost seperate from my beard, a little triangle bumfluff thing under my lip and a bald patch under my chin :mark: But then again I hardly ever have more than 2 weeks growth and probably never will :)

Mark
13th January 2010, 09:13
Strange this thread has come up. I was sitting in a seminar yesterday thinking, I wonder if I should grow a beard :p

Probably not a full one, just not shave on weekdays, for example!

Dave B
13th January 2010, 09:21
I tried to grow a moustache for charity (let them grow their own [Paul Merton]) and it did not go well. After a whole month it looked like a bit of teenage bum-fluff and like many it had a few flecks of ginger.

Maybe when I'm older and can pull off the Bill Bailey look I'll have another go, but until then no face fuzz for me.

Donney
13th January 2010, 09:47
I've had a full beard for the last three years and it is quite comfortable.

veeten
13th January 2010, 12:58
Join the beard revolution my friend!
We're growing everyday. ;) :p :

I've been bearded since new year too; although I am a bit cheesed off to find my chin has more grey than black - I'm only 29!

Girls dig it, makes you look more mature. :D

Add pipe and tweed jacket, and hang round Uni. They'll be calling you 'Professor' in no time. ;)

slinkster
13th January 2010, 18:42
I don't mind a neat, close beard... though Johnny Depp clearly pulled off a fantastic longer one as Jack Sparrow. *dribbles*

I think I've got used to them now. I don't like the stubble rash, but I positively hated it when my bloke shaved his beard off. It just didn't look like him at all and it freaked me out a little.

Sonic
13th January 2010, 19:30
We're growing everyday. ;) :p :

Girls dig it, makes you look more mature. :D

Add pipe and tweed jacket, and hang round Uni. They'll be calling you 'Professor' in no time. ;)

They'll be calling me something starting with P but it won't be Prof!

Dave B
13th January 2010, 20:03
They only thing beginning with "P" that they'll be calling is the police!

Mark in Oshawa
13th January 2010, 21:06
My wife hates it. My ex was open to me trying a moustache, but after 2 weeks people asked me if I had dirt on my upper lip.

My beard is even more pathetic. So my current wife hating moustaches and beards is good...because I cant grow them anyhow.

Rudy Tamasz
14th January 2010, 07:57
I used to play with the size and shape of my sideburns. First I wore them straight, thin and long and then bushy and extending forward, like Elvis'. Interesting enough, it drew the attention of women but after they thought they were in a good enough relationship with me they would inevitably say 'You sure will shave them off, won't you honey?' :)

harvick#1
14th January 2010, 21:48
I only have a goatee, ( or a full beard when I'm very lazy and don't want to shave) it makes me look older :laugh:

last time I was clean shaved, I look like I'm 12 :laugh: so I'll stick to facial hair

Mark in Oshawa
14th January 2010, 23:02
I used to play with the size and shape of my sideburns. First I wore them straight, thin and long and then bushy and extending forward, like Elvis'. Interesting enough, it drew the attention of women but after they thought they were in a good enough relationship with me they would inevitably say 'You sure will shave them off, won't you honey?' :)

Lol...typical women. They like who you are, and then the minute they are secure in the relationship, they start wanting to make changes to make you more the man THEY think you should be...lol.

Sonic
6th February 2010, 17:50
Well, its gone. I am once again clean shaven - although my face looks weird to my own eyes.

Macd
6th February 2010, 17:57
http://www.beardhead.com/images/lumberjack.jpg

/thread

christophulus
6th February 2010, 19:00
No beard here, although my hair grows ridiculously fast so I can grow one at will. I get complained at if I don't shave though :p

tannat
6th February 2010, 20:33
I've not shaved with a straight blade in years. Typically use the clippers once a week with no comb attached...

Gets a bit scarggly towards the end, but I don't care....

7th February 2010, 00:27
The Mr Cool of mustaches in his younger days was Tom Selleck. I think all guys should be clean shaven when they start dating someone new cos' it can be quite a shock when they suddenly turn up without the beard and mustache. I have been known to have a change of heart at that point.

Sonic
7th February 2010, 09:42
Gee, I wonder what i'd look like with a beard? :D ;)

Camelopard
7th February 2010, 23:59
Don't shave, hate it, I'd rather spend an extra 5-10 minutes asleep than shaving.

I normally run a hair trimmer without a comb over it every couple of weeks. I think my wife would rather I shaved, she says it makes me look years younger when I do. :)

CarlMetro
8th February 2010, 22:52
I'm very much a bearded one at the moment, but that's simply because I can't be arsed to shave at the moment. I do tend to trim it up once or twice a week and it's getting to the point where I will shave it off and keep it off because the grey is fast overtaking the black.

My wifes remark the other morning was that it looked like I had dribbled milk down my chin and let it dry.................nice :\

Brown, Jon Brow
9th February 2010, 00:28
I still have pitiful facial hair growth. But waaaay too much under my armpits. :(

V12
9th February 2010, 11:48
I have one, although more out of laziness than any great fashion statement. Plus it makes me look a couple of years older.

Having said that I've been keeping it trim since I got one of these for Christmas, can transform even the most awkward and well-established growth into neat stubble in the matter of a couple of minutes with absolutely zero razor burn, rather than a wet shave which would always take ages and leave me looking about 18 afterwards and require copius amounts of after shave balm to keep my face from turning bright red:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babyliss-7850U-I-Trim-Stubble-Trimmer/dp/B000UL5ZA4

Best Invention Ever.

schmenke
9th February 2010, 15:52
I'm a little fuzzy on the subject.

schmenke
9th February 2010, 15:58
... a bearded arse I tend to trim up once or twice a week and it's getting to the point where I will shave it off and keep it off because the grey is fast overtaking the back.

:eek: