PDA

View Full Version : Dale Coyne Partners With Boy Scouts of America

Chamoo
11th January 2010, 15:50
Link to article (http://16thandgeorgetown.blogspot.com/2010/01/coyne-boy-scouts-of-america-team-up.html)

We'll get more information later today, but this is good news. It is a major positive that Dale Coyne is announcing either 1 of 2 cars more then a week ahead of the season opener.

Here's hoping Dale still has Z-Lines on board for 2010 and he finds a suitable american to partner J-Dub.

Scheckterfan54
11th January 2010, 16:13
IMO, this is a cool partnership. Exposing all of these young, bright kids to indycar racing could do a lot for the future. Interesting that the article only speaks about the #19 car. Hopefully this car will be piloted by an up and coming American driver that be an ambassador for ICS.

Scotty G.
11th January 2010, 20:50
According to the Coyne TC today, they are planning on running 2 cars in 2010.

Drivers to be announced by the end of the month (or the day before the first practice in Brazil). :p

I would think an American driver better be in that #19 car. Its not the Boy Scouts of Brazil, or the Boy Scouts of Venezeula, is it? :)

What is Coyne's relationship with Eddie Wachs? Wachs said he wanted to partner up with an established Indy Car team. He has a young American driver, that would be a perfect spokesperson for this particular alliance.

Makes a lot of sense.

Hildebrand also would make sense, but I hear he will be with Sam Schmidt doing partial schedules in Indy Cars and Lights.

Hoop-98
11th January 2010, 20:53
Could we get a Merit Badge in damper re-valving....

:)

rh

Phoenixent
12th January 2010, 01:06
I would think an American driver better be in that #19 car. Its not the Boy Scouts of Brazil, or the Boy Scouts of Venezeula, is it? :)

Like Dan Wheldon or Vitor Meira in the Army National Guard at Panther Racing. :D

gofastandwynn
12th January 2010, 02:35
Like Dan Wheldon or Vitor Meira in the Army National Guard at Panther Racing. :D

or Rafa Matos in the Air Force & Marines car

Chamoo
12th January 2010, 06:12
Give Dale some credit, he usually does things right. There were rumors last year he would put Jonathan Bomarito in the second car at Indy, and I would suspect with a proven veteran in one seat (Justin Wilson) he could afford to try and start another young drivers career in the second car.