PDA

View Full Version : The King of....

tstran17_88
24th February 2007, 05:47
Horn-a-dork!

I can't stand him and Sprague...they both drive like they have their heads in their poopers. :mad:

And Barb whines about Carl! :rolleyes: :kiss: :D

RaceFanStan
24th February 2007, 06:57
Mark was slowing-up coming to green, if Ron had braked Mark would have been able to rocket away ...
instead Ron stayed on the gas & spun Mark out into the grass ...
I'm not saying what Ron did was exactly correct ...

I think NASCAR should have restarted the race with Mark back in front ...
because the LEADER restarts the race & Ron crossed the finishline BEFORE Mark !

Spinning-out the leader BEFORE they cross the finishline would earn most drivers a penalty for doing that ...
NASCAR set a bad example tonight & I think we may now see it again & again & again... :s

tstran17_88
24th February 2007, 15:53
I'm not saying what Ron did was exactly correct ... Because he was totally in the wrong and Nascar let it go. Unless Nascar changed the rules again...the leader dictates the start or restart of the race. The only time they would have frowned on what Mark did, is if he brake checks...which he clearly didn't.

Sparky1329
24th February 2007, 17:38
I have to agree with Stan to a point. Ron crossed the start/finish line ahead of Mark and should have been penalized. In any event the race should've been re-started with Mark out front. It's true that Mark didn't go as quickly as Ron thought he would but that's no excuse. The leader paces the start.

harvick#1
24th February 2007, 18:06
but with all these restarts Nascar should have control that if the leader is running slower than Pace speed after the pace leaves for the restart, that it should be fair game.

I'm not picking sides but Nascar needs to put their foot down on slow restarts, it happens all the time.

Sparky1329
24th February 2007, 19:36
but with all these restarts Nascar should have control that if the leader is running slower than Pace speed after the pace leaves for the restart, that it should be fair game.

I'm not picking sides but Nascar needs to put their foot down on slow restarts, it happens all the time.

I remember Hornaday being penalized for jumping the restart at Mansfield when he didn't. It works both ways.

#6CupFan
25th February 2007, 00:53
I've missed something if Martin ever said he slowed up.

Hornaday: "you can only hit the brakes so much in that situation,"

Seemed to me like he ran Mark over, simply put. If he ever got out of the gas it wasn't apparent. Leading up to...

Hornaday:"We were all stacking up behind him."

If they were "stacking up" behind the leader, why was nobody else bumping and spinning? I didn't see one truck out of line.

Rough being a Martin fan. :(

tstran17_88
26th February 2007, 01:27
#6 Fan...I don't think Mark said that? If he did, I missed it.

Mark never hit the brakes, but like Harv#1 said, MM brought them up to the start/finish line slower then what is normally done, even though it wasn't slower than the pace speed since the pace car was off the track at the time, so that's not debatable.

But the rule is the leader dictates the start/restart of the race and clearly and to the shock of this fan, Mark is the only one that has figured out that knucklehead's game...and he got punted for it and Nascar did squat. But they have been sticking it to Mark for years...so what's new?

This isn't the first time the 'King of Restarts' has taken out the leader.

ms0362
26th February 2007, 19:07
The continued saga of Nascars consistancy or lack there of...