PDA

View Full Version : A question

anthonyvop
8th January 2010, 04:49
With Penske and Ganassi testing at Homestead what big name driver looking for a drive happen to fly into Miami "on Business" for the day?
Also what other Big name driver with a ride happened to be practicing in a kart at Homestead at the same time?

NickFalzone
8th January 2010, 04:52
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Nobody else has commented on it, but Tracy had some curious tweets about Homestead that had me wondering what he was up to. And I think the 2nd one you're referring to is Wheldon?

anthonyvop
8th January 2010, 05:58
And I think the 2nd one you're referring to is Wheldon?
Nope.
Funny thing is none of the name drivers practice Karting at Homestead. They all use Opa-Locka.

NickFalzone
8th January 2010, 06:13
Nope.
Funny thing is none of the name drivers practice Karting at Homestead. They all use Opa-Locka.

Ok, u mean little Andretti? Not sure what him karting at homestead implies, maybe i'm dense.

anthonyvop
8th January 2010, 06:29
Ok, u mean little Andretti? Not sure what him karting at homestead implies, maybe i'm dense.
Probably nothing....just an interesting coincidence....or?

Now everybody is heading to Daytona for G/A testing

Chamoo
8th January 2010, 21:43
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Nobody else has commented on it, but Tracy had some curious tweets about Homestead that had me wondering what he was up to. And I think the 2nd one you're referring to is Wheldon?

You thinking Tracy might be in the third Ganassi car?

TURN3
8th January 2010, 23:45
You thinking Tracy might be in the third Ganassi car?

I was curious about this same topic. I doubt heavily that it was to get into a 3rd Ganassi car though. Chip did court PT to drive Indy back when CART was still full song and he was with TKG. Sponsors wouldn't let him do it and Tony Stewart drove along with Montoya, Vasser and (I can't remember the 4th). Ganassi also supposedly was trying to lure PT to his outfit during the offseason before Champ Car impoloded while Gerry was clowinging around with his contract. Obviously none of that ever came to fruition but Chip has shown interest in him. Maybe as a part-time driver like last year, who knows. I do think that the timely visit had something to do with trying to put something together, just doubt with Ganassi. Some of PT's Twitter buddies were wishing him luck, adding to the intrigue.

anthonyvop
9th January 2010, 00:10
Let us not forget that even before the Penske and Ganassi haulers pulled out Tagliani's new hauler pulled in.

NickFalzone
9th January 2010, 00:12
Well someone named "my997gt3" (yes me) on twitter asked PT what the trip was about and PT completely denied, said it was a biz trip regarding a rental property that he owns. Oh well, a real shame that this guy is not going to be in more than a handful of races this season once again.

NickFalzone
9th January 2010, 00:14
Probably nothing....just an interesting coincidence....or?

Now everybody is heading to Daytona for G/A testing

You honestly think Marco's looking at G/A or NASCAR? You think he caught the Danica bug? I don't, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Chamoo
9th January 2010, 03:34
Well someone named "my997gt3" (yes me) on twitter asked PT what the trip was about and PT completely denied, said it was a biz trip regarding a rental property that he owns. Oh well, a real shame that this guy is not going to be in more than a handful of races this season once again.

Meh, I could see that as a cover story.

Anthonyvop made a good point that Canadian Tagliani and FAZZT race team were at the test as well, and despite the incident they had at San Jose in 2006, they are quite good friends. FAZZT also has four Dallara's sitting in it's shop, only two of them accounted for by Tags.

I wonder if there could be any connection between Vasser and Ganassi trying to get PT into the third car at Ganassi? Maybe as a KVRT/Ganassi car?

anthonyvop
9th January 2010, 03:56
You honestly think Marco's looking at G/A or NASCAR? You think he caught the Danica bug? I don't, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I am sorry. I should have said almost everybody.

Civic
9th January 2010, 12:27
I heard he does have rental property there, as well as San Diego (he was fired from Penske in Penske's San Diego/La Jolla office from what I remember), and Lake Elsinore (don't know if he still has it after his divorce). But this is all internet hearsay so it could also be false.

Or maybe he was just visiting friends while he was in the area?

Mark in Oshawa
9th January 2010, 16:55
I do know this much: PT likely loves all the speculation about him....

El Libertador
10th January 2010, 04:36
Sponsors wouldn't let him do it and Tony Stewart drove along with Montoya, Vasser and (I can't remember the 4th).

The four Ganassi cars were driven by Jimmy Vasser, Tony Stewart, Bruno Junqueira, and Nicolas Minassian. Vasser was P4, Junqueira P5, and Stewart P6. Minassian retired.

As for PT, I doubt there will be a third Ganassi car for anyone. Or a second FAZZT car (maybe Indy, Toronto, and Edmonton). He'll be a part-time...again. It's a damn shame, since he can still drive, and there really hasn't been anyone to fill his role as "bad guy" in the sport. Toronto was one of my favorite races of the year...the reaction from the crowd to Helio was hilarious. PT keeps it interesting.

But when fan interest is so low, it doesn't matter. 100% of IndyCar fans could buy PT's sponsor and it would be the same as 10% of NASCAR fans buying a driver's sponsor (assuming the investment was the same, which it isn't). I know which one I'd do if I were a sponsor, though. Taking a minor role on the car all year and then doing one race as primary in NASCAR would be a lot bigger than sponsoring PT's IndyCar full-time. The 500's the only one that makes sense to do. It's a shame, but it's true.

indyracefan
10th January 2010, 09:26
Viso said he was packing the other day.