PDA

View Full Version : Mirko Bortolotti moves in on 2010 Toro Rosso race seat

Giuseppe F1
6th January 2010, 23:34
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=354447&FS=F1

Saint Devote
7th January 2010, 01:31
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=354447&FS=F1

Another career to be wrecked by prematurely inserting him in the Franz Tost machine of intorelance.

Bertollotti needs more experience in a proper racing series such as GP2 not the kit car world of "f2".

F1boat
7th January 2010, 06:56
If they hire an F2 driver, why not Soucek?

ShiftingGears
7th January 2010, 08:19
Another career to be wrecked by prematurely inserting him in the Franz Tost machine of intorelance.

Bertollotti needs more experience in a proper racing series such as GP2 not the kit car world of "f2".

Agreed.

Ranger
7th January 2010, 08:51
If they hire an F2 driver, why not Soucek?

Toro Rosso prioritise promising drivers who are:
a) Red Bull sponsored
b) under-21,
above:
c) otherwise faster, more talented and deserving drivers.

Vettel was an exception to that rule.

V12
7th January 2010, 14:01
To be fair, Vettel was a), b), and c). If he wasn't Red Bull backed as well as being bloody good they'd might have kept Scott Speed or whoever. Bourdais is the only exception I can think of, along with of course DC and Webber for the main team.

As for Bortolotti, well good luck to the lad but I'd hate to see anything legitimising International FPA, oops, sorry, "F2" :mad:

christophulus
7th January 2010, 14:06
made headlines last winter when he broke the Fiorano lap record while testing with FerrariReally?? That's pretty impressive considering some of the other drivers that have been around Fiorano in the past...

jens
7th January 2010, 15:31
If it really happens, it proves once again that both Tost and RB young driver management generally are completely incompetent. If they sack Alguersuari now, it would only confirm their truly moronic approach. This man wasn't prepared to make an F1 debut at all and now when he could possibly have the benefit of more experience and winter testing, he will be discarded. Can you believe it - a career of a merely 19-y-o (!) driver has already been destroyed. :down: :down: Idiots - sorry, couldn't resist.

Giuseppe F1
7th January 2010, 15:46
If it really happens, it proves once again that both Tost and RB young driver management generally are completely incompetent. If they sack Alguersuari now, it would only confirm their truly moronic approach. This man wasn't prepared to make an F1 debut at all and now when he could possibly have the benefit of more experience and winter testing, he will be discarded. Can you believe it - a career of a merely 19-y-o (!) driver has already been destroyed. :down: :down: Idiots - sorry, couldn't resist.

I do like Bortolotti, but in response to your post, Jens: "HERE, HERE"

Pulidor
7th January 2010, 16:39
Well, AFAIK nobody forced Alguersuari to accept the seat.
If at the end he gets his career destroyed by that decision alone, the only one to blame IMO is his stupid father/manager.
Besides, you can't realistically try to compete in both F1 and F-Renault simultaneously, as he did last year.

Now.....
Does he deserve a chance in 2010? Yes.
As I understood, last year STR clearly stated that their strategy with him was to seed in 2009 in order to harvest in 2010. If they don't keep that promise, it makes me think that Jaime was only a cheap excuse to get rid of Bourdais.

jens
7th January 2010, 19:00
If at the end he gets his career destroyed by that decision alone, the only one to blame IMO is his stupid father/manager.

Well, his manager is no-one else than Red Bull, so guess who is here to blame. :D And Red Bull has serious lack of strategy in driver development, like changing series for drivers in mid-season (Hartley was racing both in Euro F3 and WSR last season sporadically), which means that driver can't adapt to either series properly and is struggling. There is not much drivers can say, Red Bull does what they think is best in terms of marketing.

Pulidor
7th January 2010, 20:14
Well, his manager is no-one else than Red Bull

Are you sure about that?
Cause I think this is his (stupid) manager: http://www.solomoto.es/blogs/jaimealguersuari/?page_id=27

Mia 01
8th January 2010, 19:14
Forget this topic.

Pulidor
9th January 2010, 15:09
Forget this topic.

Excuse me?
Did I miss anything?

CNR
18th January 2010, 22:20
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-alguersuari-in-senna-heidfeld-out-at-toro-rosso/

Mirko Bortolotti has been ousted from Red Bull's driver development program.

Saint Devote
19th January 2010, 03:08
The man in charge of RB development is Helmut Marko - if he decides a driver is good enough then he will become a RB driver.

Drivers in Bertolloti's position should stay away from him. If a driver is good enough and has funding he will find a way into f1.

Why not select drivers such as di Resta, Paffett and Petrov?

At least they have the maturity and experience at significantly higher levels than Bertolotti.

Part of this problem is the most ridiculous no-testing rules.

Saint Devote
19th January 2010, 10:08
So Bertolotti refuses Red Bull's advances and wants to remain in Italy while Marko confirms Alguersuari likely to be signed.

Mirko has money.

ioan
19th January 2010, 17:45
Man you can't even spell his name (twice teh same mistake in 2 different posts) but you keep bragging like a broken record.

Dave B
19th January 2010, 18:35
Man you can't even spell his name (twice teh same mistake in 2 different posts) but you keep bragging like a broken record.
Come on, that's low, it's not as if your spelling and grammar are perfect. Debate the facts, don't use a mistake to score personal points.

ioan
19th January 2010, 19:21
Come on, that's low, it's not as if your spelling and grammar are perfect. Debate the facts, don't use a mistake to score personal points.

Getting the name of a person right when you are talking about her/him is the least one should do before starting to judge her/him. This is my opinion.

52Paddy
19th January 2010, 19:52

:rotflmao: A gem!

If that's what's important to you then hard luck dude :s mokin:

pino
19th January 2010, 19:54

We are here to discuss F1 racing not to learn how to spell a name. So stop your stupid childish comments and try to behave like a mature person.

truefan72
19th January 2010, 20:03

that I can agree with

truefan72
19th January 2010, 20:07
We are here to discuss F1 racing not to learn how to spell a name. So stop your stupid childish comments and try to behave like a mature person.

:up:

ioan
19th January 2010, 23:31

How mature of you.

52Paddy
20th January 2010, 18:46
Finally - gone! :D

N. Jones
20th January 2010, 19:07
On autosport's list they show Algeursuari as the second STR driver.
planetf1.com said that contract details are being hammered out and that Jamie is all but signed.

Does Mr. Bortolotti have a chance at all?

52Paddy
20th January 2010, 19:15

I doubt for 2010, and I hope not too. He's still too young for it IMO. Having not followed his racing career, and I have opinion formed of him but, if he's as decent as I'm led to believe and has some €€€, then he can take his time and carve his way into F1 at a nice pace - and land a seat at a more suitable time.

CNR
20th January 2010, 22:35
On autosport's list they show Algeursuari as the second STR driver.
planetf1.com said that contract details are being hammered out and that Jamie is all but signed.

NO his is no longer an employee of red bull
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-alguersuari-in-senna-heidfeld-out-at-toro-rosso/

Marko also confirmed reports that Mirko Bortolotti has been ousted from Red Bull's driver development program.

"It's true, yes. We offered him an F2 seat, but we wanted him to move to Milton Keynes, where all our other drivers are, like Ricciardo and Hartley. They all are working on the simulator and so on, so to have a comparison.

"And he (Bortolotti) declined to go to England. That's why we stopped it," said Marko.

jens
21st January 2010, 00:03
Bortolotti is IMO actually the most promising young Italian driver at the moment. I hope he can find the funds to race after having recently lost Red Bull support. Although losing RB support may sound bad, then... maybe he can build up a better career by himself instead of going into "career-killer" STR. :D

N. Jones
21st January 2010, 00:10
NO his is no longer an employee of red bull

Ah, thank you very much for that!