PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Car Launches

christophulus
6th January 2010, 11:33
First team to announce their plans is BMW Sauber Ferrari...

it will reveal its new car at the Valencia circuit on Sunday 31 Januaryhttp://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80748

And the BMW name is to remain by the looks of it, seems how Mercedes were only allowed to rename Brawn due to "exceptional" circumstances.

Sonic
6th January 2010, 11:41
If the name is really going to stay as BMW Sauber-Ferarri then the FIA need a kick in their assess. Of all the stupid rules I've ever heard of this has to be the dumbest I've ever had the misfortune to witness. So should we just go back to calling Renault, Toleman? Idiots! Ok rant over.

ioan
6th January 2010, 12:46
BMW and Ferrari in the same team name?! That's funny.

DazzlaF1
6th January 2010, 12:57
I know who would have thought these two would be combined.. Ones a prestigious, luxury car brand and the other is a flash Italian posing machine lol. Only joshin.. :p

Its odd how the BMW part has remained though isn't it?

I know, bizarre, especially seeing as that they confirmed they were pulling out as early as last summer :confused:

Saint Devote
7th January 2010, 01:34
The excitement rises - January 24th Mercedes.

First testing is on Feb 1- 3 in Spain :-]]]

RS
7th January 2010, 08:56
I think the retention of the BMW name might have something to do with tv money...

Mark
7th January 2010, 09:28
I believe you need to get the agreement of all the other teams before you can change the name of a team, otherwise it would classed as a new entrant. So while it's still BMW-Sauber at the moment that will probably change before the start of the season.

CNR
7th January 2010, 09:34
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5764192,00.html

Brawn GP have been given permission to officially change their name to Mercedes GP.

In order for the name change to go ahead, the Brackley-based outfit needed unanimous approval from the rest of the teams, which they have now received following a Formula 1 Commission meeting.

The team will not be regarded as a new operation and therefore will receive the prize money and travel benefits earned by Brawn GP during 2009.

"The team will continue to receive payments based on its historical performance," said a FIA statement.

"This has been granted on a one-off exceptional basis due to Mercedes-Benz's long-term involvement and commitment to Formula 1."

Mark
7th January 2010, 09:38
I don't see why it has to be one off and 'exceptional', teams change hands all the time, so let them change names!

christophulus
7th January 2010, 13:04
Lotus will have their track debut on 17th February, which is pretty good work from a team that's only had an entry since September.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80763

V12
7th January 2010, 13:56
Is this a fairly recent rule change then?

Stewart->Jaguar->Red Bull
Tyrrell->BAR->Honda
Minardi->Toro Rosso
Jordan->Midland->Spyker->Force India
and indeed Sauber->BMW

all seemed to pass off without any fuss, only Brawn and now this BMW Sauber bollocks (that was a horrible name anyway, it should have been either just BMW or Sauber-BMW)

DazzlaF1
7th January 2010, 15:16
Lotus will have their track debut on 17th February, which is pretty good work from a team that's only had an entry since September.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80763

And according to them , they are a week ahead of schedule too which is fantastic to hear.

CNR
7th January 2010, 21:54
i think it will be to keep the bmw money
36 points could beworth 9,000,000 to 36,000,000 to the team

In order for the name change to go ahead, the Brackley-based outfit needed unanimous approval from the rest of the teams
Q:would the other 2 teams that stoped sauber from becoming the 14th team give there approval to sauber ?

Saint Devote
8th January 2010, 01:01
I don't see why it has to be one off and 'exceptional', teams change hands all the time, so let them change names!

Actually its about time the all teams agreeing rule be changed. This is a point that Briatore had been pushing for years.

It is not right that when one team objects, something should be stopped.

There are 13 teams, so a simple majority should suffice.

A name change should be governed by the FIA and if a team presents its case it should go ahead - not the teams.

Copse
8th January 2010, 17:18
Is this a fairly recent rule change then?

Stewart->Jaguar->Red Bull
Tyrrell->BAR->Honda
Minardi->Toro Rosso
Jordan->Midland->Spyker->Force India
and indeed Sauber->BMW

all seemed to pass off without any fuss, only Brawn and now this BMW Sauber bollocks (that was a horrible name anyway, it should have been either just BMW or Sauber-BMW)

As far as I can remember, in all of those situations, except for maybe Stewart to Jag, and Tyrell to BAR (that happened before I became interested enough), there have been a few months when it has been known that the team would change its name the next time the right kind of meeting happened. They always passed without controversy, and I expect the Sauber case to be no different, unless some new team wants to test its influence....

Mia 01
8th January 2010, 18:01
Names, donīt care about it.

Is it fast? I like.

Looking forward to the first testings.

christophulus
25th January 2010, 16:14
Toro Rosso confirm (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/01/25/toro-rosso-to-launch-car-on-february-1st/) they're launching their car on 1st February at Valencia. Interestingly, it'll be ready before the Red Bull parent team.

So to summarise:

28th Jan - Ferrari
29th Jan - McLaren

1st Test, Valencia:

31st Jan - Renault, Sauber
1st Feb - Mercedes, Williams, Toro Rosso

2nd Test, Jerez:

10th Feb - Force India, Red Bull, Virgin
12th Feb - Lotus (attending 3rd test)

TBA

USF1, Campos

So, Sauber are unsurprisingly first of the newcomers, as they aren't all that new! Virgin seem most advanced, with the other three not joining testing until the 3rd test at Catalunya.. provided they make it that far.

RJL25
27th January 2010, 19:59
Seems strange that Torro rosso would be launching before Red Bull, aren't they just going to be using a red bull clone again this season? Or are they being forced to design their own car this year?

If they are using a cloned red bull then it seems bizarre that they are going to get their hands on it before RBR...

DazzlaF1
27th January 2010, 20:13
Seems strange that Torro rosso would be launching before Red Bull, aren't they just going to be using a red bull clone again this season? Or are they being forced to design their own car this year?

If they are using a cloned red bull then it seems bizarre that they are going to get their hands on it before RBR...

They have to design their own chassis this year, but no doubt they'll get some technical help from the main team

52Paddy
27th January 2010, 23:18
Tomorrow - Ferrari :D

Not a pointless comment. I'm now subscribed to the thread.

DazzlaF1
28th January 2010, 00:05
Tomorrow - Ferrari :D

Not a pointless comment. I'm now subscribed to the thread.

I know, the first REAL 2010 launch (im not counting Monday's "lets re-paint last years car" event)

Saint Devote
28th January 2010, 01:24
I know, the first REAL 2010 launch (im not counting Monday's "lets re-paint last years car" event)

Still cant figure WHAT the point of the Mercedes party was.... BUT:

tomorrow is indeed FERRARI's launch :D :D

christophulus
28th January 2010, 08:02
Ferrari is streaming the launch online from 9.30am (GMT):

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Pages/Home.aspx