PDA

View Full Version : Can't be bothered with ....?

Hazell B
5th January 2010, 19:21
Which little skills can't you be bothered learning, but know you should?

With me it's using computers properly and plastering. I just cannot be bothered learning to mix and apply plaster to walls, even though I know it'll cost me hundreds to get a house we're buying plastered by a pro. As for the computer - I keep saying I'll use it fully, but know I won't ever learn.

GridGirl
5th January 2010, 19:29
To ride my mountain bike properly off road. I keep meaning to book myself on a skills course. It's something I should do because falling off usually hurts. :s I'd love to be able to complete a black mountain bike trail. :)

Mark in Oshawa
5th January 2010, 19:32
Which little skills can't you be bothered learning, but know you should?

With me it's using computers properly and plastering. I just cannot be bothered learning to mix and apply plaster to walls, even though I know it'll cost me hundreds to get a house we're buying plastered by a pro. As for the computer - I keep saying I'll use it fully, but know I won't ever learn.

Your presence here shows you are not completely computerphobic, unlike my wife who gets frustrated doing anything here beyond playing solitare.

I just cannot get into being organized. I am a messy person in my own space. I can find anything I need if I have to, but to the outsider, the place is a mess...lol...Lucky for me, my wife is good at organzing, and pushing me where I have to be.

Langdale Forest
5th January 2010, 19:34
I cannot be bothred to eat vehtibles.They don't make your immune system any better IMO.

schmenke
6th January 2010, 00:46
like many on these forums, i cant be bthred with lerning proper english grammer

Mark in Oshawa
6th January 2010, 06:15
Either Wade moved to Calgary or he just hacked Schmenke's profile!!!!

leopard
6th January 2010, 06:35

ditto, but I would never give up, I like learning various languages... keep practicing whenever I can write or speak only to sharpen my English... besides that I am not good at climbing tree, my parents didn't allow me at all to do it when I was kid, but I'll buckle down to it my if I had to.

gadjo_dilo
6th January 2010, 07:20
Cooking. I don't like to cook and whenever I try the result is a shame. The most annoying thing is that all my colleagues are the perfect housewives and always talk about what they did for dinner. It's also painful on birthdays when they serve all kinds of specialities and when it's my turn I have to ask my old mum to cook.

tmx
6th January 2010, 08:11
Left handed stuff. I always wanted to have better muscle flexibilities with my left hand. Like using the mouse with left hand, writing with left hand, even switching from QWERTY to DVORAK keyboards. Usually gave up shortly afterward.

Dave B
6th January 2010, 10:05
General DIY. It frustrates me that whenever I start a job I just assume that I have the necessary skills until halfway through when I realise I'm just making a mess. For example I've been re-grouting the bathroom and it's taken days, compared to a pro who would have had it done in a couple of hours.

Garry Walker
6th January 2010, 10:34
General DIY. It frustrates me that whenever I start a job I just assume that I have the necessary skills until halfway through when I realise I'm just making a mess. For example I've been re-grouting the bathroom and it's taken days, compared to a pro who would have had it done in a couple of hours.

It just takes a little bit of practise. Many of the "so-called" pros are nothing special and anyone with a bit of experience can match their level in both speed and quality. Very few are truly skilled and excellent.

For me? PC stuff. I have always hated it and I never have been good at it. That is why I usually ask my more PC-savy friends for help. Takes them 15 minutes, takes me 6 hours (not to mention the damage to my arteries).

edv
6th January 2010, 16:00
So many perceived shortcomings can now be overcome, some easily, by utilising resources such as YouTube and various Forums.
I am still fascinated that I can confidently perform work on my car's engine, for example, knowing that with a digital camera and a laptop in the garage I can overcome problems with the help of a community of like-minded enthusiasts.

Hazell B
6th January 2010, 17:09
General DIY. For example I've been re-grouting the bathroom and it's taken days....

I hear that. Horrible job, even for a tiler, as it's boring and there's far more cleaning than action. Just getting started makes you a winner in that department!

Hondo
6th January 2010, 17:51
I have 2 digital cameras and haven't used either of them.

How many have bought new software, games or otherwise, then let it sit around a couple of days until you can work up the strength to load and learn the stuff?

Hazell B
6th January 2010, 18:03
Fiero, I have a real bells and whistles phone now .... which I use only for calls, texts and photos (which stay on the phone, I can't be bothered working out how to move them to the computer even though the phone guy added a stick thingy that does it for me as a birthday gift!)

I just don't do tech :p :

Hondo
6th January 2010, 18:28
On my seldom used cell phone I can make calls, I can take calls, and I can call back calls I've missed. I have forgotten my voice mail password, and the speaker, camera, text crap, and other bells and whistles I could care less about.

schmenke
6th January 2010, 19:25
I hear that. Horrible job, even for a tiler, as it's boring and there's far more cleaning than action. Just getting started makes you a winner in that department!

The last time I did tiling I was floored.

Mark in Oshawa
6th January 2010, 21:03
The last time I did tiling I was floored.

You know...you could hurt your tongue trying to push it through your cheek....

Mark in Oshawa
6th January 2010, 21:04
I don't do tech, I suck at some DIY although I am a game tryer. I can cook to a point....really I don't know why the wife keeps me around outside of comic relief...lol