PDA

View Full Version : 10-times F1 champion

F1boat
4th January 2010, 13:03
10 years ago, when I joined the forum as an excitable and dumb teen (I am still excitable and dumb, BTW), I annoyed the members and the mods greatly as I kept spamming the forum with news about the Formula 1 UIM World Championship - that's F1 for boats and from there is my nickname, which back in 2000 was big in Bulgaria as we had a Grand Prix start (which turned horribly, like Indy 05). However, now I'll spam this forum again about the F1boat series as I want to share with you my astonishment from an amazing achievement with you. In 2009 the Italian veteran Guido Cappellini has won his 10th Formula One UIM Championship, absolutely an amazing achievement. He is 50, from what I saw, but proved that age matters not when the desire is there, winning his (likely) final championship in one of the most lethal form of motorsports. Here is the site of the guy:
http://www.guidocappellini.com/pilota_numeriguido.php

Once I hated the guy, just like I hated MS (I was a dumb kid and Guido sort of ruined our GP with boycott ), but now I feel only respect for such great sportsmen. Sorry again for the spam, but I had to share this with you :)

Hondo
4th January 2010, 16:46
I'm glad you did. I've seen the F1 boats run from time to time. I've also seen a few come apart when the new construction method, material, or adhesive give in to the pounding.

F1boat
4th January 2010, 17:28
F1boats are very impressive machines, but very dangerous... For me is spectacular to win so many races in such sport...

F1boat
4th January 2010, 21:00
Well, this I don't know as they are not broadcasted on local TV. But I remember that Guido was strong when I was a kid and is strong again. Kinda wish that Michael will be the same :)

Mark
5th January 2010, 10:14
Who knows, even though another three championships is unlikely, we could yet see a 10 times F1 car champion.

Sonic
5th January 2010, 13:33
Who knows, even though another three championships is unlikely, we could yet see a 10 times F1 car champion.

I did mention something similar in another thread - I can't see another reason for a 3 year deal.

F1boat
5th January 2010, 15:25

This will be amazing, man...

Valve Bounce
5th January 2010, 22:43
This will be amazing, man...

I know the guy has a pilot's licence. Maybe we could see him racing in one of those Red Bull races. They are simply awesome :eek:

F1boat
6th January 2010, 07:06
What?!

Valve Bounce
6th January 2010, 07:41
http://www.redbullairrace.com/cs/Satellite/en_air/Official-Red-Bull-Air-Race-Homepage/001238611393596

Check it out!!

F1boat
6th January 2010, 08:18
They race... with planes... and I thought that the boat thing is crazy...