PDA

View Full Version : That's the way to run the country

Hondo
31st December 2009, 14:21
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091230/D9CTKPMG0.html

Ok, I hope that link works. In short, it's an article about how the Iranian police are going to really start cracking down on these pesky protesters. You know, the ones stirred up by the USA and Great Britain. Anyway, the gloves are coming off, no more Mr. Nice Guy. We are going to arrest you, your families, shoot you, run over you with cars, whatever it takes.

That's a winning attitude. A majority of these protesters are college students. Sometimes I think If you didn't have colleges and universities, you wouldn't have protesters. Student protests have been around since the schools opened. Take the vigor and energy of youth and mix with healthy doses of idealism and feed it to an individual whose upkeep (food, clothing, tuition, roof overhead, spending money, etc) is provided by somebody else and you've got a real, live revolutionary on your hands.

The problem is the protesters want "moderation" of the Islamic doctrine from a fundamental Islamic state. What they want is the return of the middle class, with all rights, playgrounds, and privileges of the middle class. They want their mini-skirts back, nightclubs, dating, etc. They are weary of the moral police.

They don't have nation wide support and aren't going to get it. Older, settled married people are not going to risk getting killed or jailed protesting for young Achmed's perceived right to get his privates wet in the back of his daddy's BMW with the young lady from across the street. At the bottom of the dung heap, the poor aren't any more inclined to help out those that spit at them from above either. It's kind of like fox hunting. Nobody really gives a damn about the fox, it was just fun to be able to take something away from the rich.

These protesters need to understand that their country is not going to bow to their will and if they keep it up, hard times are coming. No one is going to jump in to save them.

Mark in Oshawa
31st December 2009, 14:55

Ok, I hope that link works. In short, it's an article about how the Iranian police are going to really start cracking down on these pesky protesters. You know, the ones stirred up by the USA and Great Britain. Anyway, the gloves are coming off, no more Mr. Nice Guy. We are going to arrest you, your families, shoot you, run over you with cars, whatever it takes.

That's a winning attitude. A majority of these protesters are college students. Sometimes I think If you didn't have colleges and universities, you wouldn't have protesters. Student protests have been around since the schools opened. Take the vigor and energy of youth and mix with healthy doses of idealism and feed it to an individual whose upkeep (food, clothing, tuition, roof overhead, spending money, etc) is provided by somebody else and you've got a real, live revolutionary on your hands.

The problem is the protesters want "moderation" of the Islamic doctrine from a fundamental Islamic state. What they want is the return of the middle class, with all rights, playgrounds, and privileges of the middle class. They want their mini-skirts back, nightclubs, dating, etc. They are weary of the moral police.

They don't have nation wide support and aren't going to get it. Older, settled married people are not going to risk getting killed or jailed protesting for young Achmed's perceived right to get his privates wet in the back of his daddy's BMW with the young lady from across the street. At the bottom of the dung heap, the poor aren't any more inclined to help out those that spit at them from above either. It's kind of like fox hunting. Nobody really gives a damn about the fox, it was just fun to be able to take something away from the rich.

These protesters need to understand that their country is not going to bow to their will and if they keep it up, hard times are coming. No one is going to jump in to save them.

Well Fiero, you may be right, but I suspect they are the best hope for a modicum of common sense in that country. If the thugs come down on them, it might bring out some support in the West, but I don't know what else can be done. I do know this much, Obama hasn't the stones to encourage them.....

SportscarBruce
1st January 2010, 08:46

Must suck not having a soul.

SportscarBruce
1st January 2010, 09:02
"Truth cannot live on a diet of secrets, withering within entangled lies. Freedom cannot live on a diet of lies, surrendering to the veil of oppression. The human spirit cannot live on a diet of oppression, becoming subservient in the end to the will of evil. God, as truth incarnate, will not long let stand a world devoted to such evil. Therefore, let us have the truth and freedom our spirits require... or let us die seeking these things, for without them, we shall surely and justly perish in an evil world."

Quote from a very good book.