PDA

View Full Version : 9 weeks to go what do you want from scsa in 2007

champcarjim
23rd February 2007, 17:35
9 weeks to go and as fans what would you want from scsa this season?

i suppose a no brainer is more cars to be fair i would expect 16 each race minimal to be not downhearted( nothing against any people that are doing there best) but from a specticle

if a t.v deal did come to life i would say best thing is to have full race tape either late sunday or monday even try and pull out a 20 minute preview?

i for one will be at 4 events not oval fest and will be spending more time walking pitlane as my son likes it down there better than in the stands.

i suppose that many fans and the people that run have more to lose than me and that they wont let it die for nothing, I know how i felt looking at 6 cars going around when we used to have 18 + i would be upset if i was racing,
so who knows 2007 could be a eye opener for alot of people??

jonv
23rd February 2007, 18:55
Bigger, more competitive grids for SCSA cars - bigger grids have been discussed at length but we haven't had real close racing since 2004. Technical changes to achieve this ?
TV deal for Cars and Pickups
Bigger audiences for Pickups at road courses
A successful return to Rockingham for BTCC - hopefully attracting bigger crowds to Thunder Sundays
All of the Turn 1 and 4 stands open
More Fans on the forum and the forum to be more tolerant of discussing the issues facing SCSA

JDPower
23rd February 2007, 22:42
we haven't had real close racing since 2004. Technical changes to achieve this ?
That is what I most want for this year.

acorn
24th February 2007, 19:01
1: Bigger, more competitive grids for SCSA cars - bigger grids have been discussed at length but we haven't had real close racing since 2004. Technical changes to achieve this ?
2: TV deal for Cars and Pickups
3:Bigger audiences for Pickups at road courses
4: A successful return to Rockingham for BTCC - hopefully attracting bigger crowds to Thunder Sundays
5: All of the Turn 1 and 4 stands open
6:More Fans on the forum and the forum to be more tolerant of discussing the issues facing SCSA

1: agreed but not sure if tech changes will achieve this. we need teams and drivers who can drive, set up the cars and have realistic budgets to be able to compete.

2: only if scsa or pickups drivers don't have to pay and track side attendance doesn't fall as a result of trackside spectators becoming armchair fans.

3: only raised awareness of the close racing or being included with an already high profile package will do that. personally i don't like being AT road courses. ok to watch on tv but poor vfm at the track. i guess rockingham has spoilt me.

4: if it brings new faces to rockingham then i'm all for it.

5: if points 1 and 4 are achieved then they'll have to open t1 and t4(they might even have to open the south grandstand if the btcc really pulls in the crowd)

6: tolerance, constructive criticism and no insults.

Dave17
24th February 2007, 22:05
6: tolerance, constructive criticism and no insults.

Ok, I can live with that. I'm sure it will go in a positive direction, now **** OFF! (JOKE!!!!)

a.howes700
25th February 2007, 10:17
If there are few cars in SCSA races this year (say less than 16) then inverted starts should be used. The cars should start the races lined up in the reversed order of each driver's average point score per race so far in the season. (At the first race of all reversed order of positions in the previous year's championship could be used.)
The races are long enough to allow the drivers to sort themselves out.
Actually, if you think about it with an open mind, the general system of allowing the fastest in qualifying to start races at the front is quite ridiculous. Yet it is used in many forms of motor "racing". I realise that NASCAR has perfected things to such an extent that it does not need inverted starts.
But SCSA needs them. They work brilliantly with the pickup trucks at Rockingham.
Driver skill should include overtaking, not just pulling away from a trailing field more and more lap after lap as in inferior forms of "racing."

racing59
25th February 2007, 10:31
1. A rookie test - all sorted according to dek. Yeee harrr! (at last!)
2. A spotter
3. A crew
4. (should be 1!!) A sponsor with some money!
5. A little luck
6. (refer to another thread) Lots of bags of jelly babies, and a small fishing net!)
7. Some good entertaining racing.

Something discussed elsewhere (not in SCSA circles) is having the bookies at race meetings, but fastest on pole doesn't allow for the kind of random start that would be needed for betting to really work on our racing. Drawing the grid from a hat might do that. However, the "card" would need to have more races in quickfire format for them to be interested. That means shorter races. Long enough for the quickest driver to win from the back, or for a normally midfield guy hold off long enough at the front.... difficult to call.

Reverse grid - hmmm interesting. Works in other oval formulae for entertainment, and we should consider that we are an entertainment.

Rob.

acorn
25th February 2007, 11:30
Something discussed elsewhere (not in SCSA circles) is having the bookies at race meetings....,.

no thanks. the potential/temptation for race fixing is something we don't need.

JDPower
25th February 2007, 17:08
Something discussed elsewhere (not in SCSA circles) is having the bookies at race meetings
Definitely no thanks :down:

tdb
25th February 2007, 18:31
Hopefully Colin White staying in SCSA
Instead of buying Dave Pinkney's Integra and going to the BTCC

And Malcom Klien staying in Pick ups instead of buying Richard Marsh's Peugeot 307 and going to the BTCC

JDPower
25th February 2007, 18:36
Hopefully Colin White staying in SCSA
Instead of buying Dave Pinkney's Integra and going to the BTCC
What makes you say that, seems pretty unlikely?

tdb
25th February 2007, 19:07
What makes you say that, seems pretty unlikely?

Because Colin and Malcom were testing the 307 at Silverstone on friday and that's what Colin said the plan was!

JDPower
25th February 2007, 20:49
Because Colin and Malcom were testing the 307 at Silverstone on friday and that's what Colin said the plan was!
Maybe for Malcolm, seems unlikely for Colin when he's so involved in the series and spent last year developing a new car. Unless he's given up hope in the series and flogged the car, in which case I'd say SCSA isn't in quite the strong position we all think :\

Abo
25th February 2007, 21:44
For me? Less DNF's, we've had a bad couple of seasons which have cost Pete a higher points finish IMHO.

hicksy
25th February 2007, 23:25

Say it aint so!!!! I would never want to stop someones from trying new things but it would be sad to lose Colin and Malcom to BTCC. I supposewe will have to wait and see.

inamo
26th February 2007, 09:32
For me it would be close, clean, competitive racing with a decent sized grid.