PDA

View Full Version : So, what did Santa bring you?

Hazell B
26th December 2009, 18:30
Hope you all got some nice presents this Christmas?

Among my little hoard was a small gurgle jug in a colour I didn't have, a size I didn't have and it's in perfect condition. Not very thrilling for the rest of you I'm sure, but as a collector I love it :)

Probably the oddest present was a litre of tomato juice. It was for my chickens. Chickens love tomato juice :up: :p :

Daniel
26th December 2009, 18:49
i got some nice logitech g35 headphones plus the usual clothes and so on

GridGirl
26th December 2009, 19:08
Some new GHD hair straightners. My old ones broke a year ago. The plug on them was replaced and they worked again but did look like they could burst into flames at any point in time when switched on. They were a welcome replacement. :D

I mostly received money which I have been busy spending in the sales before VAT goes up. :)

Langdale Forest
26th December 2009, 19:49
Wrc 2009 Dvd

Brown, Jon Brow
26th December 2009, 20:49
SOCKS!!!!

Santa didn't bring me anything but he contribute to £150 worth of guitar tech. :D

DexDexter
26th December 2009, 22:04
Jamie Oliver's America, there is a nice Vodka Arrabiata recipe I'm dying to try out :D .

MrJan
26th December 2009, 22:37
McKlein calendar :bounce:

Hondo
27th December 2009, 01:51
Since it's just me, Santa figured if I needed anything I could go get it myself. Sweetie got a huge living room bed made of some kind of very firm foam about 6" thick That she loves to flop down on. The day dawned sunny and cold and I roasted a turkey with stuffing, vegetables, and homemade gravy and we ate. After recovering from our free-for-all for grazing, we hit the woods behind the house for about an hour and I smoked cigarettes while Sweetie engaged in the very important dog business of sniffing everything in a very serious manner.

It was a nice day.

pettersolberg29
27th December 2009, 13:16
I got a load of books - all of which I asked for, none of which I thought I'd get! Included the History of Rallye Monte-Carlo 1911-1980 and Clarkson's new book. Also got a couple of DVDs and model WRC cars. Great stock overall!

Wade91
27th December 2009, 18:23
-a new HP pavillion PC with 6 GB RAM, and has windows 7 and came with a 21.5" moniter
-Twilight trivia game
-cash cab trivia game
-tracks of nascar calender
-Tennessee Titans calender
- a framed set of pics of pics of indianaples motor speedway (which includes an actual peace of the track
- a framed set of pics of Daytona international speedway (which includes an actual peace of the track)
- and a few other things..

pettersolberg29
27th December 2009, 18:27
So a lean Christmas at the Wade household, eh? ;)

Wade91
27th December 2009, 20:17
yep :)

Easy Drifter
27th December 2009, 22:08
Clearly Wade did not receive instructions on how to use Spell Check.

Mark in Oshawa
28th December 2009, 00:09
I received 6 books, including a wonderful coffee table style tome about the history of the late, great Paul Newman's racing career as a driver and owner, and how he started. Filled with many great excerpts and thoughts from different people in racing and show business who spoke to the high quality gentleman Paul was. Spectacular pictures too.....and the story of how a man was winning SCCA club races right up his 80th birthday is truly wonderful for knowing age shouldn't be a barrier.

Another prize book I received was Theoren Fleurey's autobiography. For those in the UK or Europe, Theo was a short, compact gent who was as tough as nails who was a mainstay in the NHL for 18 or so years. He had a Stanley Cup win with Calgary in 89, a Gold Medal with Canada in 02, and has a tremendous point total. The scary part? He was an alcohlic and drug user from the word go. He was molested as a young teen by one of the great villians in Canadian sport; Graham James. The pain, the mental anguish and the nature of his broken home (dad was a drinker, mom was over prescribed psychotrophic drugs) led him down a bad road. Yet while basically abusing his body with drugs and booze, being a terrible husband and father, he somehow fooled many people for a long time before he finally started to face his demons. Clean and sober for the last 5 years, his coming out about his abuser, his struggles and his desire to make amends is a truly interesting story. I picked it up yesterday, read the whole book.......couldn't put it down til 330 am when I finished.....

Got some nice clothes, a bluetooth earpiece for the cell and a gift certificate for more books....All in all, it was a great Christmas...

stevie_gerrard
29th December 2009, 00:22
A lot of clothing, christmas just isnt the same unless you are 8 years old and you think everything is amazing :p :

52Paddy
29th December 2009, 01:18
It was a grand Christmas for me. I got:

- Some "Fullspeed" deoderant and bodywash which is actually quite nice.
- A stand for my banjo (it saves me leaving it lying in the most awkward of places around the house)
- A duelling banjos t-shirt (I'm a banjo player if you haven't already guessed)
- "King of Sport" by Terry Lovell. A book on Bernie Ecclestone.
- €100 with which I bought: record player needle, wireless network card, bike tyres, a coffee, NutriGrain elevenses and still have some left over for a packet of tobacco later in the week :)

All in all, happy with how my Christmas went but stevie is definitely right. Christmas just isn't the same as it was - waking up at 5am to go down the stairs in utter excitment. Being on the brink of exploding with ecstacy with whatever it was behold you behind that wrapping paper. Still, staying in bed resting till 1pm was nice too.

Garry Walker
29th December 2009, 10:22
Another prize book I received was Theoren Fleurey's autobiography. For those in the UK or Europe, Theo was a short, compact gent who was as tough as nails who was a mainstay in the NHL for 18 or so years. He had a Stanley Cup win with Calgary in 89, a Gold Medal with Canada in 02, and has a tremendous point total. The scary part? He was an alcohlic and drug user from the word go. He was molested as a young teen by one of the great villians in Canadian sport; Graham James. The pain, the mental anguish and the nature of his broken home (dad was a drinker, mom was over prescribed psychotrophic drugs) led him down a bad road. Yet while basically abusing his body with drugs and booze, being a terrible husband and father, he somehow fooled many people for a long time before he finally started to face his demons. Clean and sober for the last 5 years, his coming out about his abuser, his struggles and his desire to make amends is a truly interesting story. I picked it up yesterday, read the whole book.......couldn't put it down til 330 am when I finished.....

Dont forget, he also has crohns disease. So he has been through a tough life.

He also attempted a comeback this season, at 41 years age.

What "santa" brought?

A digital camera, a new coat, and some books (all about WW2)

raybak
29th December 2009, 10:26
I got a nice new dining table from Mum and a new printer. No books this year which is a bit unusual. Got a few cheques though :) and went and bought some books. Was lucky enough to pick up a signed copy of Mathew Reilly's Six Sacred Stones at the 2nd hand bookstore.

Overall a great Xmas, now onto New Years, party at my place this year.

Ray

Daniel
29th December 2009, 11:03
Dont forget, he also has crohns disease. So he has been through a tough life.

He also attempted a comeback this season, at 41 years age.

What "santa" brought?

A digital camera, a new coat, and some books (all about WW2)
What WW2 books Garry? Anything good?

Garry Walker
29th December 2009, 11:21
What WW2 books Garry? Anything good?
Heinz Guderian - Panzer leader
Himmler's Black Order: A History Of The SS (Robin Lumsden)
A book by Bogdan Musial, I dont know if it has been published in english, but it translates as "destination Germany"
Viktor Suvorov - icebreaker (I had it before, but through times it has been lost :( )
Most evil dictators in History (By Shelley Klein) (not so much about WW2)

Unfortunately I havent gotten into reading any of the new ones yet, because I have some other books that I am currently reading, but they should be good. I am especially interested in Guderians memoirs.

Icebreaker is of course good and one should read it if you have an interest in WW2. I found it interesting.

gadjo_dilo
29th December 2009, 12:40
I received about 2/3 of a winter coat, a Chanel perfume ( wonder if it's genuine ), 3 boxes of chocolates, 3 l of wine, 1,5 l of tzuika ( traditional romanian alcoholic drink ), a set of Nivea cosmetics, a notebook, an old but well preserved leather bag.

52Paddy
29th December 2009, 14:52
I received about 2/3 of a winter coat.

:eek: What?!?

Mark in Oshawa
29th December 2009, 16:01
Heinz Guderian - Panzer leader
Himmler's Black Order: A History Of The SS (Robin Lumsden)
A book by Bogdan Musial, I dont know if it has been published in english, but it translates as "destination Germany"
Viktor Suvorov - icebreaker (I had it before, but through times it has been lost :( )
Most evil dictators in History (By Shelley Klein) (not so much about WW2)

Unfortunately I havent gotten into reading any of the new ones yet, because I have some other books that I am currently reading, but they should be good. I am especially interested in Guderians memoirs.

Icebreaker is of course good and one should read it if you have an interest in WW2. I found it interesting.

That would be some serious reading my friend. Kudo's to you for remembering Theo's Crohn's affliction. HE admits in the book tho that is likely as a consequence of his drug use and complications from that.

Easy Drifter
29th December 2009, 16:33
Guderian was probably the best armoured warfare general on either side. At the beginning of WW2 he was the only top general who understood the concept of armoured coordinated attacks.
Rommel was basically a pupil of his.
Yes I have read the book and many others on armoured warfare in WW2 and after.

Mark in Oshawa
29th December 2009, 17:18
Guderian was probably the best armoured warfare general on either side. At the beginning of WW2 he was the only top general who understood the concept of armoured coordinated attacks.
Rommel was basically a pupil of his.
Yes I have read the book and many others on armoured warfare in WW2 and after.

I don't doubt that Guderian was the man, just haven't found a book written recently on him. Like a lot of German generals, his rep is lost in all the hype about Rommel and the Generals on the Allied side...

gadjo_dilo
30th December 2009, 08:17
:eek: What?!?

It's true. It was expensive and my mother hadn't enough money to buy it so I had to pay about 1/3 of the coat's price- :laugh:

52Paddy
30th December 2009, 14:06
It's true. It was expensive and my mother hadn't enough money to buy it so I had to pay about 1/3 of the coat's price- :laugh:

Ah, I see. I thought you ended up with a coat without arms or something... :mark:

:p :

Hazell B
30th December 2009, 18:41
I smoked cigarettes while Sweetie engaged in the very important dog business of sniffing everything in a very serious manner.

It was a nice day.

I smoked and invented a ten par in the field with Naburn making it a twenty par. Kipper honked at us with his new toy swan.

All in all, a normal and perfectly nice day :up:

Ian McC
31st December 2009, 14:20
Santa was AWOL from our house so I treated myself...

A joint present with the wife of a Wii
A rather nice Blu-ray player

Oh and a new car :)

Mark in Oshawa
31st December 2009, 15:23

The Car is a big one....Santa wouldn't bring you one of those anyhow. We just added games for the Wii...or rather, I bought Dance Dance Revolution so the sweetie can dance herself thin while laughing like a loon...

Daniel
31st December 2009, 16:52

What car?

edv
31st December 2009, 17:07
A lump of coal.
Bah!

Sonic
31st December 2009, 17:46
Well Mr C didn't bring it, but Mr Insurance man has just paid for my totally wicked new LAG guitar.

Ian McC
1st January 2010, 03:01
What car?

Corsa, had to downsize due to costs :)

schmenke
2nd January 2010, 18:09
Forza 3 and NHL 2010 :D

A Wii (for the kids :erm: )

Of course I then needed something on which to play these so a couple of days ago we blew the wife's year-end bonus on a 50" plasma t.v. and a 1 terrabyte DVR :D

slinkster
2nd January 2010, 18:11
I have to say I did very well this year with not one... but two pairs of shoes; A pair of boots and some awesome-going-out-heels. I also got some spending money, vouchers but I think one of my coolest gifts was a skull and crossbones ice cube tray! I was dead chuffed with that! :D Useful AND funky.