PDA

View Full Version : Kimi RBR 2011

Mia 01
23rd December 2009, 18:26
Kimi will be back in F1 with RBR in 2011. He will once moore face MS, LH and FA and fight fore the title. Now when MS is back, Kimi wants to settkle the scores.

DexDexter
23rd December 2009, 18:31
Kimi will be back in F1 with RBR in 2011. He will once moore face MS, LH and FA and fight fore the title. Now when MS is back, Kimi wants to settkle the scores.

Don't think so, from what I've read, the move may well be permanent.

Sonic
23rd December 2009, 20:56

Same here. Its tempting to think the Reb Bull sponsorship at Citroen makes for a jump back to F1 with RBR in 2011 the obvious thing. However, Kimi has said he has no F1 contract in 2011 and perhaps doesn't want to return.

Don't get me wrong; I'd be overjoyed to see Kimi back but I've always felt he would retire from F1 early and I see no motivation in him to return.

CNR
23rd December 2009, 22:06
why redbull ?

what to say toro rosso could not luck in to a race winning car now the have to buld there own

Sonic
23rd December 2009, 22:21
why redbull ?

what to say toro rosso could not luck in to a race winning car now the have to buld there own

WOW! What are you smoking?!

ioan
23rd December 2009, 22:27
Right, even though STR will have to build their cars they will still mostly use the plans drawn up by Newey for RBR.

Saint Devote
24th December 2009, 01:09
Kimi at RBR would be great. I like the team and I like Kimi. But he may just be so disenchanted with f1 and enjoy rallying so much he will not WANT to return.

Roamy
24th December 2009, 02:19
Kimi doesn't develop the car that is why Ferrari dumped him. He just drives fast and rally is speed sets the difference - he is actually in a perfect environment

Mia 01
24th December 2009, 09:25
Ofcourse I could be wrong.

Kimi can also take MS seat at Mercedes, thats if MS neck start to trouble him again.

Yes Kimi likes rallying, but will he like it as much after one year in the midfield?

F1boat
24th December 2009, 12:38
I think that Kimi will love the WRC and will stay there.

wedge
24th December 2009, 13:04
Don't get me wrong; I'd be overjoyed to see Kimi back but I've always felt he would retire from F1 early and I see no motivation in him to return.

Money

Give him a performance related contract

jens
24th December 2009, 13:08
Well, F1 can really bring amazing scenarios. Who would have thought in 2006 that among Schumacher and Räikkönen it is the former, who will be racing in F1 in 2010? :p :

Sonic
24th December 2009, 13:26
Money

Give him a performance related contract

Something tells me Kimi wouldn't return on that basis. He has already shown this year that if he doesn't get exactly what he wants from a contract he'll walk.

snellman
24th December 2009, 14:13
Kimi doesn't develop the car that is why Ferrari dumped him. He just drives fast and rally is speed sets the difference - he is actually in a perfect environment
he developed this years crappy ferrari just fine, just compare to badoer and fisichella.

ShiftingGears
24th December 2009, 14:27
Too soon. See how it goes in 2010.

Dzeidzei
30th December 2009, 11:08
Too soon. See how it goes in 2010.

It seems that Kimi has contract with RB (not Citroen) who pays his salary. That might give a chance for his return to F1, but I still doubt it. He will like WRC better with "less politics and bullsiht" as he already said.

Saint Devote
31st December 2009, 01:35
I am opposed to drivers leaving and returning - no matter who they are. There is a great pool of new drivers that deserve the chance.

F1 does not need Schumacher or Raikkonen - they made the decision to leave.

Instead lets see people such as di Resta or Paffet be given a chance for example.

Have f1 teams become so comfortable that taking a calculated risk is now out of the question? So staid?

I do not reckon Red Bull will sign Raikkonen. Why do that when you have Vettel? I'd say if Ricciardo goes really well in FR3.5 this year he could be the one deservedly to replace Webber in 2011.

Langdale Forest
31st December 2009, 08:32
Raikkonen should stay in the WRC because it needs him there and F1 is extremley controversial.

CNR
31st December 2009, 09:29
is this full redbull backing or just country backing
i red some thing about redbull pulling out of sauber f1 because of a driver

http://www.redbull.com.au/cs/Satellite/en_AU/Profile/Daniel-Ricciardo-021242759867852?CategoryName=Open+Wheel+F3+F3+UK

http://www.redbull.com.au/cs/Satellite/en_AU/Profile/Robbie-Maddison-021242759289213?CategoryName=Moto+X+Freestyle

http://www.redbull.com.au/cs/Satellite/en_AU/Profile/Rick-Kelly-021242759284707?CategoryName=V8+Supercar

wedge
31st December 2009, 12:59
Something tells me Kimi wouldn't return on that basis. He has already shown this year that if he doesn't get exactly what he wants from a contract he'll walk.

Ignoramus was still on cloud 9. Why on earth would he/manager ask for silly money in a recession?

Even Button isn't bothered about his salary.

Kimi doesn't develop the car that is why Ferrari dumped him.

Kimi got the new front wing he asked for for mid-2008 (IIRC). He was in championship form onwards...

jas123f1
31st December 2009, 14:02

I think it's not possible to say nothing about it - because Kimi don't know what he wants to do 2011. Red Bull is one option and WRC is an other.. if everything goes well for him.. :)

Giuseppe F1
5th January 2010, 14:06
Kimis first appearance/presentation as a 'Red Bull' driver and nice, candid interview with Kimi on F1, rally and growing up in Finland - from the latest edition of 'Red Bulletin':

PHOTOS:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/wp-content/uploads/Picture-641-300x207.png

http://en.redbulletin.com/uploads/galleries/389/web.jpg

INTERVIEW:
http://en.redbulletin.com/articles/kimi

ioan
5th January 2010, 19:58
He looks happy and that's important!

Garry Walker
6th January 2010, 09:49
He looks happy and that's important!
His persona obviously suits rallying much more than F1, something I think I can probably relate to.

I am pretty sure that unless he completely fails in rallying, we have seen the last of him in F1.

DexDexter
6th January 2010, 10:42
His persona obviously suits rallying much more than F1, something I think I can probably relate to.

I am pretty sure that unless he completely fails in rallying, we have seen the last of him in F1.

I agree, I think he's done with F1. He got the WDC he dreamt of and now he's moved on. Too bad that it's practically impossible to follow rallying closely.

Mia 01
6th January 2010, 10:51

I agree, not!

Kimi says that he hasn´t ruled out F1.

In his last outing in the Bullentin.

Ranger
6th January 2010, 13:06
I agree, not!

He hasn't ruled it out... but does this extract sound like someone who is treating WRC as a one-year stop-gap measure?

Speaking to the Red Bulletin magazine, Raikkonen admitted a WRC crown would be a huge achievement for him.

"More than my F1 world championship title," Raikkonen said when asked what a WRC title would mean to him.

"I'm just starting out and I can sense what a long journey it would be to get to that point."

Raikkonen said his move to the WRC will be the greatest challenge he has faced so far in his career.

"It's definitely the biggest challenge yet," he added. "I've got to learn everything from scratch. But I want the challenge. I have to get to know the car, the rallies, how to work with my co-driver [Kaj Lindstrom], everything.

Tshbez
6th January 2010, 21:50
He'd look better if he simply didn't mention F1 anymore. I understand that he was fed up with F1, so it'd be more respectable to just shut up about it.

Garry Walker
7th January 2010, 09:35
I agree, not!

That does not mean it is likely he will want to come back to the politics of F1.

DexDexter
7th January 2010, 14:58
He'd look better if he simply didn't mention F1 anymore. I understand that he was fed up with F1, so it'd be more respectable to just shut up about it.

I don't think shutting up is a problem for Kimi :D

Mia 01
7th January 2010, 19:21
Still. Kimi is the most popular driver in the world, and the best driver IMO.

Much money and demand will make a hard choice.

Giuseppe F1
7th January 2010, 19:32
Its kinda ironic isnt it thinking back to the 2001 season and when Red Bull/Dieter Mateschitz fell out with Sauber and then duly sold his shaes in the team and switched his support to Arrows all because he didnt want Kimi in the team over the then Red Bull Junior Team driver Enrique Bernoldi (which I guess was understandable as Kimi was only 23 car races experienced at that point all sub F3 level and something off a huge gamble/an unknown)....

.....now a decade on, Kimi is a bona-fide Red Bull driver! Full circle :)

ioan
7th January 2010, 19:51

Maybe at the North Pole.

DexDexter
7th January 2010, 20:16
Maybe at the North Pole.

Apparently he is surprisingly popular outside Nordic countries as well.

http://www.formulaf1.com/2007/03/22/most-popular-f1-drivers-according-to-yahoo/

http://f1update.com/full_story/view/236846/Hamilton_most_popular_F1_driver__poll/

DexDexter
7th January 2010, 20:25
I'm waiting for the posts that state this list is utter rubbish and must be the work of Autosport... :p

It won't take long.

ioan
7th January 2010, 20:37
Apparently he is surprisingly popular outside Nordic countries as well.

http://www.formulaf1.com/2007/03/22/most-popular-f1-drivers-according-to-yahoo/

http://f1update.com/full_story/view/236846/Hamilton_most_popular_F1_driver__poll/

Yep he is, but not the most popular! ;)

In the first link MS is the most popular, in the 2nd one it's Hamilton.

Boudica
7th January 2010, 21:56
Yep he is, but not the most popular! ;)

In the first link MS is the most popular, in the 2nd one it's Hamilton.

Lewis is properly the most popular driver, but Kimi is very close to him in popularity and of course Schumi also remains very popular. Kimi is especially popular in the east, in places like China or India for example.

Autosport's top 20 motorsport stories of 2009

AUTOSPORT has published thousands of news stories during 2009, here we list the 20 most-read motorsport articles of the year.

20. Ericsson fastest, Loeb slowest at Jerez
October 8

19. Senna rules out GP2 return
February 4

18. BMW hints at DTM comeback
August 7

17. Aston Martin set to sit out 2010 season
December 21

16. A1GP cancels Surfers opener
October 17

15. Audi wins Sebring on R15's debut
March 22

14. Audi tactics to be investigated
July 19

13. Le Mans invites F1 manufacturers
June 11

12. Williams hails new Formula 2 car
March 2

11. Seven fans hurt in Talladega crash
April 27

10. Peugeot finally wins Le Mans with 908
June 14

9. Hirvonen: Raikkonen would need time
November 25

8. Peugeot protests Audi bodywork
June 10

7. JTR's Joe Tandy killed in car crash
May 14

6. Rivals query Audi R15 legality
April 9

5. Aston Martin unveils works LMP1 plan
January 27

4. Audi's new Le Mans racer revealed
February 11

3. Raikkonen: WRC may be permanent
December 18

2. Raikkonen's WRC switch deal done
December 3

1. Henry Surtees dies after F2 crash
July 19

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80707

Saint Devote
8th January 2010, 03:53
Ofcourse I could be wrong.

Kimi can also take MS seat at Mercedes, thats if MS neck start to trouble him again.

Yes Kimi likes rallying, but will he like it as much after one year in the midfield?

Such as if the doldrums set in mid-season and Schumi is being beaten into sixth by the sports current top drivers - his neck problems will surely surface and Heidfeld could be around to step in.

If Rosberg consistently outqualifies and outraces him he will definitely find that a pain in the neck!!! :D

Mia 01
8th January 2010, 08:05
Unlike most other drivers in F1, Kimi don´t need the hype, I belive.

He knows that he is perhaps the best driver in the, yes in the world.

He will be near the top in the rallye WRC quit instantly (a whish but not unlikely).

Vettel wants him in the team for 2011, he said so.

ioan
8th January 2010, 17:50
Vettel wants him in the team for 2011, he said so.

Sure he does, beating MW doesn't bring the headlines he'll get beating Kimi.

F1boat
8th January 2010, 18:17
Beating Kimi might be harder than beating Webber, which was not that easy for Vettel either.

DexDexter
8th January 2010, 18:49
Sure he does, beating MW doesn't bring the headlines he'll get beating Kimi.

They are friends, Kimi and Vettel.

Mia 01
8th January 2010, 18:59

Most of us know. But Seb want´s to beat him on track. Poor Seb.

ioan
8th January 2010, 19:23

When not racing. Once they sit in a F1 car on the track it's each for himself.

jas123f1
10th January 2010, 03:25
[quote="Mia 01"]Still. Kimi is the most popular driver in the world, and the best driver IMO.

Agreed - he is one of the biggest talents today. Ferrari made the biggest mistake ever when kicking him out for the biggest money ever. :D

Mia 01
10th January 2010, 14:07

Agreed - he is one of the biggest talents today. Ferrari made the biggest mistake ever when kicking him out for the biggest money ever. :D

He will further prove himself this year!

:p :eek:

Eki
10th January 2010, 20:50
I wonder if it was Kimi who taught Vettel to sing this:

YlvbvQoW8Kg

10th January 2010, 21:23
Ferrari made the biggest mistake ever when kicking him out for the biggest money ever. :D

Which shows how little you know.

Ferrari sacking Alain Prost, a then 3xWDC and later a 4xWDC, was the biggest mistake.

"The Ferrari chassis, despite a major revision by the French Grand Prix (F-643) was also not up to the level of the McLaren and the Williams models. Prost won no races, only getting onto the podium five times. He took it out on the Italian team, publicly criticising them (he famously described his car as handling worse than "a truck"), and was fired prior to the end of the season"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Prost#1990.E2.80.931991:_Ferrari

Ferrari paid Alain his 1992 retainer in full, some $18million, which, considering it was 1991 and given inflation, was relatively much more than Kimi's pay-off in 2010.

What's more, instead of replacing a 1xWDC winner with a 2xWDC winner as they have for this season, in 1992 Ferrari replaced the then winner of the most GP's in history with Ivan Capelli, who had managed two 2nd places in 5 seasons.

Needless to say, 1992 was an abject disaster for Ferrari. It prompted Gianni Agnelli to step in and fundamentally change the management, bringing in Jean Todt and giving him carte-blanche to change Maranello.

So, when saying letting Kimi go was the biggest mistake, check the history books.

Kimi leaving is a minor ripple in a mill pond in comparison.

Mia 01
11th January 2010, 09:45
Which shows how little you know.

Ferrari sacking Alain Prost, a then 3xWDC and later a 4xWDC, was the biggest mistake.

"The Ferrari chassis, despite a major revision by the French Grand Prix (F-643) was also not up to the level of the McLaren and the Williams models. Prost won no races, only getting onto the podium five times. He took it out on the Italian team, publicly criticising them (he famously described his car as handling worse than "a truck"), and was fired prior to the end of the season"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Prost#1990.E2.80.931991:_Ferrari

Ferrari paid Alain his 1992 retainer in full, some $18million, which, considering it was 1991 and given inflation, was relatively much more than Kimi's pay-off in 2010.

What's more, instead of replacing a 1xWDC winner with a 2xWDC winner as they have for this season, in 1992 Ferrari replaced the then winner of the most GP's in history with Ivan Capelli, who had managed two 2nd places in 5 seasons.

Needless to say, 1992 was an abject disaster for Ferrari. It prompted Gianni Agnelli to step in and fundamentally change the management, bringing in Jean Todt and giving him carte-blanche to change Maranello.

So, when saying letting Kimi go was the biggest mistake, check the history books.

Kimi leaving is a minor ripple in a mill pond in comparison.

I will check the season in November with the history glasses on.

Hope FA bring Ferrari a WDC in his first year.

Garry Walker
11th January 2010, 16:26
My guess is Vettel won't be at Red Bull in 2011, unless they clinch the Championship this season of course. I have a feeling if Rosberg does not show his worth, we may see Seb and Michael at Mercedes by then. :)

Hopefully not. I would find it very hard to cheer for Mercedes (and Schumi of course) when they have a d!ckhead like Vettel in their team.

F1boat
11th January 2010, 17:07
Hopefully not. I would find it very hard to cheer for Mercedes (and Schumi of course) when they have a d!ckhead like Vettel in their team.

Ahahah, you rule!

Mia 01
11th January 2010, 19:48

But I hope you would cheer for Kimi in RedBull!

Julle69
25th January 2010, 11:40
Here is a short clip of Kimi with his new tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVWjDZo0bA

RedBull does give you wings...

F1boat
25th January 2010, 14:05
Here is a short clip of Kimi with his new tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVWjDZo0bA

RedBull does give you wings...

Lovely!

25th January 2010, 18:07
I will check the season in November with the history glasses on.

Hope FA bring Ferrari a WDC in his first year.

So do I, but sadly the previous incumbent hasn't left him with a top team and car as Kimi's predecessor did.

Sadly, Fernando hasn't been so very, very, very lucky and will actually have to work for his WDC.

Langdale Forest
25th January 2010, 18:45
I hope kimi stays in the WRC. :)

DexDexter
25th January 2010, 21:36
So do I, but sadly the previous incumbent hasn't left him with a top team and car as Kimi's predecessor did.

Sadly, Fernando hasn't been so very, very, very lucky and will actually have to work for his WDC.

But surely Fernando will have to win every race this year to be worth the money it took to get him a seat in the team?

Mia 01
25th January 2010, 21:45

Already making them up, aint we.

25th January 2010, 22:04
Already making them up, aint we.

Oh no, that one was already there. Kimi made sure of it.

It was the one thing he left as a legacy.

25th January 2010, 22:09
But surely Fernando will have to win every race this year to be worth the money it took to get him a seat in the team?

On the contrary, so long as he helps turn Ferrari's long-term prospects around then it's money well spent.

A certain Michael Schumacher didn't deliver it all in season one, and he was paid good money....but it was value for money, something not seen in that side of the Ferrari garage for a couple of years.

So long as Fernando injects some dynamism into the Scuderia (and just being interested is an improvement on his predecessor) then it is better than the throwing-money-down-the-drain exercise as was happening in 2009.

ozrevhead
26th January 2010, 05:16
Kimi could be at RB - After Mercedes buy out Vettel's contract

Dzeidzei
26th January 2010, 08:13

So how many wins will equal the pay check for Kimi? And then he´ll have to win some more to cover his own salary? He does still get paid, doesn´t he?

To be honest I just hope the Santander-Ferrari drivers are able to give us good racing and plenty of entertainment.

Dzeidzei
26th January 2010, 08:15
Kimi could be at RB - After Mercedes buy out Vettel's contract

According to Kimi himself the decision will have to be made in the summertime. He does have an option to drive for RBR in 2011, which would mean goodbye to Webber.

But I have a feeling he´ll suprise a lot of people in rallying and stay there.

ozrevhead
26th January 2010, 08:48
According to Kimi himself the decision will have to be made in the summertime. He does have an option to drive for RBR in 2011, which would mean goodbye to Webber.

But I have a feeling he´ll suprise a lot of people in rallying and stay there.
Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on - if mercedes want Vettel they will get him

Mia 01
26th January 2010, 09:05
Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on - if mercedes want Vettel they will get him

And if MS fails, Kimis phone will burst.

The top teams knows that Kimi could be up for grabs next year.

All the current No 1 drivers knows this to.

DexDexter
26th January 2010, 11:20
I think Dex was just echoing what was criticized about Kimi and stating that the expectation on Fernando should be no different. The way I see it, you are only worth what people are willing to pay for you and drivers should not bare the flack for a boardroom decision on pay. Ferrari threw money at Kimi and expected an immediate answer, but this time they have bought a double WDC and I'm sure their expectations are even higher.

Fernando has alot resting on his shoulders and needs to deliver by mid season at the very least. His impressive credentials along with his 3 tenths should see he fits in perfectly IMO. I echo your sentiments and hope to see some exciting, close racing next year..

I also hope to see Kimi sitting in a Red Bull in 2011.. :)

3 tenths? I thought it was more, 6 tenths? ;)

DexDexter
26th January 2010, 11:22
On the contrary, so long as he helps turn Ferrari's long-term prospects around then it's money well spent.

A certain Michael Schumacher didn't deliver it all in season one, and he was paid good money....but it was value for money, something not seen in that side of the Ferrari garage for a couple of years.

So long as Fernando injects some dynamism into the Scuderia (and just being interested is an improvement on his predecessor) then it is better than the throwing-money-down-the-drain exercise as was happening in 2009.

Ferrari has capable people in the design team and will/should produce a decent car. If it doesn't work out, you know who they will blame. That's just the culture/tradition at the team. So IMO he has to win, and win immediately.

CaptainRaiden
26th January 2010, 13:26
I know these are only his Rallying colors, but I have a feeling he's going wear this and a new helmet right into Mark Webber's seat in 2011. Sorry Webber fans. :D

http://www.autoevolution.com/images/news/kimi-raikkonen-s-wrc-car-livery-revealed-pictures-15866_1.jpg

http://www.autoevolution.com/images/news/gallery/medium/kimi-raikkonen-s-wrc-car-livery-revealed-pictures-medium_1.jpg

I mean if Red Bull is such a big sponsor of Kimi, they are going to have to be really insane not to employ his F1 talent in their cars.

F1boat
26th January 2010, 15:37
But what if Kimi becomes a strong WRC contender?

DexDexter
26th January 2010, 16:25
But what if Kimi becomes a strong WRC contender?

Personally I think he's done with F1.

jens
26th January 2010, 17:24
Why does this Vettel -> Mercedes stuff keep getting mentioned so much like a certainty many seem to expect to happen almost for granted? It might just as well be Hülkenberg, who will join Mercedes, if he impresses in Williams. Or if Schumacher is in good enough shape to keep racing in F1 for three more seasons and Rosberg impresses too, we won't see changes any time soon.

Langdale Forest
26th January 2010, 17:58
Personally I think he's done with F1.

+1

Mia 01
26th January 2010, 18:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3DkqWxLxo

Kimi is serious and fast!

He will be back in F1 I belive.

He is by far the fastest overall driver in the world.

snellman
26th January 2010, 19:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3DkqWxLxo

Kimi is serious and fast!

He will be back in F1 I belive.

He is by far the fastest overall driver in the world.
damn...it's beautiful up there!

DexDexter
27th January 2010, 07:22
+1

Which is by the way not a good thing.

Langdale Forest
27th January 2010, 17:16
Raikkonen will be better in WRc

Mia 01
22nd February 2010, 11:32
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5970277,00.html

Kimi will be racing again next year.

Langdale Forest
22nd February 2010, 18:46
I hope not. ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

gloomyDAY
22nd February 2010, 19:06
If there is any truth to this story, then I am very happy.

I suspected this would happen since Mark Webber is going to retire after the 2010 season. Also, Red Bull would be a great team for Kimi to join for various reasons. I think Red Bull would encourage Kimi's extracurricular activities instead of admonishing him, market his rebellious attitude, and Vettel could use a motivated Kimi as a teammate.

I hope the Ozzy fans don't take my post the wrong way. I think Webber is a solid driver, but even he admits that he's getting over the hill. Kimi just needs to get his batteries charged and show everyone why he belongs in F1.

driveace
22nd February 2010, 19:41
I honestly believe this will happen next year.he will recharge his batteries ,realize that WRC is Ok ,but not what he wants and come back more motivated.
And probably RBR is where he will be happier, than at Ferrari !

Sonic
22nd February 2010, 19:47
http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5970277,00.html

Kimi will be racing again next year.

LOL. Webber quits! What a load of bull. Why would Marl quit having finally got in a good car?

Sonic
22nd February 2010, 19:52
LOL. Webber quits! What a load of bull. Why would Marl quit having finally got in a good car?

Damn. I missed an obvious joke! What a load of red bull.

UltimateDanGTR
22nd February 2010, 20:02
webber quitting F1 after 2010? Oh please....

like it said in the article, it was from the bild. so almost garunteed red bullsh*t.

If it does happen, I will eat my hat, regurgitate it, and eat it again.

Langdale Forest
22nd February 2010, 20:17
If it does happen, I will eat my hat, regurgitate it, and eat it again.

lol

gloomyDAY
22nd February 2010, 20:44
Mark on retirement: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/mark-webber-reveals-how-close-he-came-to-quitting-f1/story-e6frg7mf-1225831547988

Looks like Webber wants to kick some more butt.

Will Red Bull extend his contract if he doesn't retire?

Dzeidzei
22nd February 2010, 22:28
Mark on retirement: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/mark-webber-reveals-how-close-he-came-to-quitting-f1/story-e6frg7mf-1225831547988

Looks like Webber wants to kick some more butt.

Will Red Bull extend his contract if he doesn't retire?

Well, even though I dont believe it, there might be more to this Kimi-Webber thing. Red Bull already pays Kimis salary this year, so he doesnt have a contract with Citroen. And I know Kimi wanted to try his hands on rallying when they still had real rally cars. Meaning wrc spec ones.

But like I said, I dont really buy it.

CNR
22nd February 2010, 23:52
can you see any team taking a driver that has come out and said that f1 is boring
http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_kimi-raikkonen-says-he-quit-f1-out-of-boredom_1347742

Kimi Raikkonen has admitted that he quit Formula One because it became predictable and boring after a point

i think all this has come from the interview with mark about quitting
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5958760,00.html

Mark Webber has revealed that he would have quit Formula One if last year's RB5 had turned out to be a "sh** box"

ShiftingGears
23rd February 2010, 01:11
It's quoting the Bild, which is full of $hit. Kimi will stay in WRC.

Ari
23rd February 2010, 01:29
It's quoting the Bild, which is full of $hit. Kimi will stay in WRC.

Exactly what I was about to say. Anyone who quots the Bild should be turned upside down and shook back to sense.... and I would take it for some of us heavyset folk that might take effort! ;)

Koz
23rd February 2010, 04:25
I think what happens at Ferrari will decide a lot of things. Who is going to take over from Massa after this season.

If it's Fettel, it will make things interesting...

gloomyDAY
23rd February 2010, 05:47
I think what happens at Ferrari will decide a lot of things. Who is going to take over from Massa after this season.

If it's Fettel, it will make things interesting...No, Vettel has a contract with Red Bull through 2011. I think Mercedes will want Vettel next year if Rosberg fails to keep up with Mike. There is always a way around contracts anyway (see: Ferrari booting Kimi for Alonso).

Sonic
23rd February 2010, 13:22
I'm expecting a period of stability in team line ups for a couple of years now, so even if Kimi wants back he's not going to find many desirable seats on offer. Let's face facts - if he didn't come back from the brink for McLaren why, oh why would he come back for Red Bull?

Mia 01
23rd February 2010, 19:17
I'm expecting a period of stability in team line ups for a couple of years now, so even if Kimi wants back he's not going to find many desirable seats on offer. Let's face facts - if he didn't come back from the brink for McLaren why, oh why would he come back for Red Bull?

Because they will give him the possibility to drive some rallies whenever its a proper gap in the F1 calender.

I think they will give him a decent salary to. The rumour is that he earns ten millions only this year from Red Bull.

Sonic
23rd February 2010, 21:46
Because they will give him the possibility to drive some rallies whenever its a proper gap in the F1 calender.

I think they will give him a decent salary to. The rumour is that he earns ten millions only this year from Red Bull.

ROFL :D

Mia 01
23rd February 2010, 21:50
ROFL :D

You are welcome.

jas123f1
24th February 2010, 12:22

Why WRC-Rally? Because of money, Kimi didn’t want to lose his salary from Ferrari (or at least 5 million dollar of it) – that’s why (imo).. and also because he wants to see (try) if his talent is big enough to have a chance become WRC-Rally Champion (one day).. it should really be a unique achievement to do it..

I believe that Red Bull would like have Kimi in some way as their driver also during next year, if Kimi wants to do it. What he will do is in many ways depending how well or bad his Rally career goes. We will get to know when the season is somewhere in half way or immediately on receipt of that .. if Kimi has scoring points in Rally then he maybe will stay there – if not, then we will see him in F1 again, most likely in Red Bull management ..

Btw - his first WRC-Rally wasn’t as bad as it looks when looking only the results, when keeping in mind that Kimi’s experiences in WRC-Rally still are nonexisting.

I was looking a bit closer on his first WRC-Rally performance and if I took away the time he lost when he 3 times visiting the “ditch-side”, and only looking at his speed, it looks much better – without those 3 mistakes he would be somewhere in 10th place..

I’m looking with big interest to next Rally.. at the same time as I hope that he will be back in F1 next season.. it’s there he belongs.

:)

Langdale Forest
24th February 2010, 13:58
I was looking a bit closer on his first WRC-Rally performance and if I took away the time he lost when he 3 times visiting the “ditch-side”, and only looking at his speed, it looks much better – without those 3 mistakes he would be somewhere in 10th place..

If he did finish in 10th, he would have got a single point on only his 2nd ever WRC event. :)

Sonic
24th February 2010, 14:09
I think its a dead cert Kimi will score WRC points this year, if no where else he should be on fire on tarmac.

Its been nice to see Kimi enjoying himself - smiling even - much more like the Kimi of ten years ago. ;)

Langdale Forest
24th February 2010, 14:51
His best result will probably be in Spain because that is the nearest the WRC comes to a racetrack.

pino
24th February 2010, 15:14
Sorry but at the moment Kimi has nothing to do with F1, feel free to continue this in here (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131082&page=30) :)