PDA

View Full Version : Skid's back and asking for help!!

SkidCarrera
18th December 2009, 14:41
Hey Guys...hope you're all having fun in the brave new world. I've been following everything over the last couple of years and feel really sad, like most of you, that we're probably not gonna see the ASCARs rumble at the Rock again before it gets flattened for houses.

Having said that, from little acorns grow great ELMs (sorry), so who knows?

Anyway, here's my request for help -

I have been invited to race at a Charity Kart Race on January 17th 2010, at Priory Park circuit, Tamworth, Staffs with a 3pm start.

The purpose of the event is to raise money for the Michael Patterson Memorial Fund. On 27th April 2009 Michael died at the age of 15, a victim of Sudden Death Syndrome.

He was a very fit and active young man and his death was a huge shock to his family and friends. He was the reigning Tai Kwan Do world champion for his age group, he regularly boxed and played rugby for Lichfield rugby club. In fact, Michael was a well-loved and respected all-round athlete.

His latest passion was skateboarding, and to help celebrate his short but action-packed life, Lichfield City Council have agreed to build a skateboard park for all the children in Lichfield to use, and to name it after Michael.

At the karting event, we want to auction some memorabilia for the Charity, such as signed pictures, so I am trying to get hold of a hi-res version of what became a fairly well-known image in the DoT.

It was taken on the 1st August 2004, and it bloody hurt!!

Lo-res attached; if anyone can help me locate the photographer, Clive Gamble, or gforce images, that would really help.

Alternatively, if anyone has one of the framed copies we sold from the pits, I'd be happy to consider terms for buy-back or donation!

Also if you fancy a bash in the race, it's a 2 hour enduro in teams of 4, at £40 per driver.

Let me know; it will be good to hear from you anyway.

Best wishes,

Skid

Nick Brad
5th February 2010, 19:02
I'm a bit late reading this to help out in any way, but how did the event go anyway?