PDA

View Full Version : RBR Tracks, how to?

Howie2010
17th December 2009, 23:38
Ok guys, Im new here, so be gentle ;)

Ive downloaded some tracks but im not sure if im putting them in the right place?

They have RX_content and Plugins Folders, which I am unzipping to my RBR folder. Inside some of them are dlls and plugin folders while others contain Objects, CACHE, FX, Textures and .ini files. (are these BTB files and not compiled to play directly in RBR yet?)

How do I play tracks that Ive downloaded?
Am I right in understanding all those cool czech tracks cannot be run in single player and are only for tournaments? :(

Is there a page or somewhere I can read the ins and outs of modding and using mods correctly?

Any help for a newbie is appreciated!

Cheers!

Bruce D
18th December 2009, 05:36
Probably the easiest way would be to get something like RSRBR2010. Yes, you need to online to use the Czech tracks, but they come standard (and offline) with RSRBR2010. Also, your BTB tracks (those are the ones which contain the folders RX_Content, etc) should go into your RBR main folder, however, you should only have 1 RX_Content folder, then inside that should be all your individual stages.

Howie2010
18th December 2009, 10:57
ok cheers!

Strange, I noticed that 4 tracks installed in the RX content folder are found when i run RBR, but some are not... they all have the usual folders and .ini files, so why would 4 but not all appear?

I d/led 2010 but it wouldnt install correctly in Vista 64, so I need to reboot RBR etc and hadnt tried that yet, just wanted to see if i could get other tracks working first.

so is 2010 a collection of basically all the best mods and tracks, the end all be all?

cheers!

Bruce D
18th December 2009, 11:08
well yeah. I couldn't get 2010 to download on mine, bombed out after 184mb of downloading! :angryfire :