PDA

View Full Version : TRD 3 V8 Supercar Rd 1 Details - Adelaide.

Peter Vuko
23rd February 2007, 00:52
Rd 1 of the 2007 V8 Supercar takes us to Adelaide - a very demanding street course. This Rd will be a semi- enduro. Please READ the DETAILS CAREFULLY & STICK STRICTLY to the SETTINGS.

RD 1 DETAILS & SETTINGS:
TRACK: Adelaide
LENGTH: 25 laps
SETTINGS:
*A.I: Set to HARD
*DEFAULT MODE for car settings - for both Qualifying & Race. This means you CANNOT alter anything!
*RACE SETTINGS: Careless Driving OFF, Cutting Corners OFF, ALL flags ON, Damage ON.
*PITS set to OPTIONAL
*RESTARTS: Allowed upto end of lap 3
TIMES: pm your Fastest Qualifying Time(Q/T) -remember the top 5 get pts & your Overall Time(O/T) & Fastest Lap (F/L) by midnight Sun. 4th March

I decided on DEFAULT mode for Rd1 so that everyone could start on an even playing field. Pitting is set to Optonal, but on default tyres(50%) it would be hard to do 25 laps without a stop - so strategy - if & when to stop could play a major part in the result. For this race because of the nature of the track I have taken Careless Driving & Cutting Corners OFF.

harvick#1
23rd February 2007, 01:01
alright 25 laps :D

should be interesting with Default setup, I hope no one will take advantage of that though.

I think it is also impossible to run 25 laps with 50% Tyres. I think a few of them will blow off the rim

tannat
23rd February 2007, 03:10
WHOA! 25 laps! But enduros (even semi's) are always fun :up:

I REALLY want to do better in these beasts. Last season my V8 performance was not on par with my GT and DTM performance.

Perhaps even learn how to drive with a manual box :D

harvick#1
23rd February 2007, 04:02
I ran some practice laps just to get a feel for the Holden around Adelaide, and I felt pretty good, plenty of room for improvement.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd February 2007, 12:37
I'm going to do 20(ish) lap practice session to see how long the tyres can last.

In the codies hall of fame are the genuine laps the ones from 1:04's+

Are we going to submit practice laps into the Hall of Fame and see how high up page 2 we can get.

real_illusions
23rd February 2007, 18:18
i've got a busy schedule ahead of me..so, dont expect a decent result from me this time round. Although having default setups are going to help a bit.

Peter Vuko
24th February 2007, 09:55
The cars have started rolling out at Adelaide in full earnest for the 25 lapper. As a guide here are the top 5 qualifying times from last year's series. The race was also run on Default mode:
1.P.Vuko 1m.10.96
2.Mixa 1m.11.45
3.Muz 1m.11.63
4.S.Vuko 1m.11.73
5.R_illusions 1m.12.70
I'm expecting even faster times this year with drivers having had a full year of experience with these cars. The times on Codies have been set with the turbo boost cheats & are of no relevance for this series. I will where I can, post the times of last years qualifying before each Rd to give everyone an idea of pace. This won't be possible for the International tracks because they were not in the series last year.
If people want to discuss Practise & Qualifying times in the lead up to this week's race, can we not give exact times, rather just reveal if you are in the 10's ,11's ,12's....etc

dcr22B
24th February 2007, 10:14
I reckon we'll be even quicker this year as we'll be able to carry more speed through the corners as the "Cutting" option will now be open to all drivers, my qualifying time was in the 1m14s bracket in 2006 so I really need to find some speed if I'm to carry through my form into the new season.

Hopefully the #88 Team Vodafone Falcon BF will do the business for me!

chrisfinch
24th February 2007, 12:25
All this talk of rapid speed-I'm gonna get absolutely battered.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th February 2007, 12:35
Those times from last year don't look too forbidable. In the fling I was managing 1:12s straight out of the box. I'm usually a few seconds slower than the front runners in V8's but I seem to go well on street circuits. I think that I got 2nd on the grid at Surfers last year, but I retired from the race. Looking forward to making a good start here.

I can take the first corners flat out in practice but I bet it will get tricky when the tyres get worn.

tannat
25th February 2007, 05:34
All this talk of rapid speed-I'm gonna get absolutely battered.

I'll be battered along with you, Chris. I can't get these V8s to work for me...

maxu05
27th February 2007, 07:34
This all sounds great, count me in. I have circled Adelaide in the 12's in default mode a few times, so I will do some practice runs to improve on that.
I think I will go with a Perkins Commodore.

maxu05
27th February 2007, 07:48
Doh, missed that round, but I have put my entry in, hope it's not too late to get involved.

dcr22B
27th February 2007, 09:58
Doh, missed that round, but I have put my entry in, hope it's not too late to get involved.

As I said in the other thread, you have until Sunday to submit your times.

Peter Vuko
27th February 2007, 11:33
We could have up to 18 entries this Rd if everyone turns up. This is sure a tough track to start the series. There has been some drama at the track this week with some big news to be released soon!!

Alfa Fan
27th February 2007, 11:55
#9 Stone Brothers Ford Falcon will be absent from the opening round of the V8 Supercar 2007 season.

real_illusions
27th February 2007, 18:51
There has been some drama at the track this week with some big news to be released soon!!

we're running the track in reverse? would explain why i saw a kangeroo coming round the other way to me, driving a car made of bamboo sticks and cans of fosters ;)

harvick#1
27th February 2007, 21:59
I'll be battered along with you, Chris. I can't get these V8s to work for me...

I'll be joining you guys as well

I don't know how I'm 3.5 seconds slower from the fastest lap from last year.

I was chugging the Holden during practice and was driving very hard and hitting the apex perfect, yet I don't have speed. I'm gonna try manual transmission next to see if I can try and get some better speed through gear changes

Peter Vuko
28th February 2007, 10:54
The big news today at Adelaide was the DISQUALIFICATION of UK driver R/Rules for "cheating." The UK driver submitted times that were deemed to be "made up." Organisers claim they received times that were clearly impossible to achieve on default setup. A spokesman for the V8's said, " He obviously read a thread by J.B stating that the times on Codies that were genuine were the 1m.04's because that's the times that were first sent. These times are clearly impossible on default. His O/T was a claimed 26m!! We then got another pm stating it was a mistake - no reasons were given for the mistake, but even the new set of times (27mins!!!) did not add up. We came to the conclusion that he realised he had "made up" times that were unrealistic after reading Peter Vuko's thread about disregarding the Codies times! He tried to change the times but even then could not "cheat" correctly!"
COME ON R/Rules, these championships are based on TRUST!!! You have lost ours! People spend a lot of time trying to do there best in these races, why can't you? For those thinking that I'm being too harsh - this is not the first time he has been caught out - it's all been kept quiet. Also, look at the FPA series he runs(runs well I might add) - but, he has never once taken up the challenge of posting a time on Codies for Qualifying, yet he manages to be up there with the best of them. I am going to be very vigilant on "cheaters" in this comp - we don't need you! I hope R/Rules is man enough to admit his actions! TIME will tell - no pun intended!

chrisfinch
28th February 2007, 11:03
oh dear, cheats never prosper.

Anyway,

I had an awful qualifying-is the top speed of the Ford's really only 155mph? It feels so slow down the back straight. I dared not try the race yet. if I come anything other than last I shall be shocked.

BobZee
28th February 2007, 11:52
How sad and pathetic ! It is obvious that RR has not even bothered to get on the track to see that his times are ridiculous.Raikkonen Rules has obviously missed the most important aspect of these off line championships - competing honestly with others AND yourself. In my opinion, disqualification from this race is not enough, he should be booted from the series !
In addition, it is now very clear why he was so reluctant to submit lap times on Codies in the FPA series, yet was able to consistently be up with the front runners in that series.
Despite really enjoying the FPA series ( run by RR), I hereby withdraw my entry in disgust.

RALLY TEAM GB
28th February 2007, 14:31
where do i post my qualifying times...also how many laps/ time do we get for the qualifying?

johnny shell
28th February 2007, 16:20
a lot of us post our times on the the codemasters hall of fame, found here:

http://www.codemasters.com/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=109

it's just for fun, so you get as many laps as you want.

to get a code to enter in the hall of fame, you have to do laps in time trial mode.

chrisfinch
28th February 2007, 18:09
fair play to the three year old who went round Adelaide in less than a minute.

real_illusions
28th February 2007, 19:31
oh..that is sad news..

i'll wait to see what to do with FPA and what to do with it on the site. If worse comes to the worse, then i can take over from it if everyone would like to continue with it.

hope to get my v8 race done tonight though :)

harvick#1
28th February 2007, 20:05
wow :(

where do i post my qualifying times...also how many laps/ time do we get for the qualifying?

give PV a PM for your times. I don't know how many laps we are allowed to do.

harvick#1
28th February 2007, 20:11
well after burning up about three transmission with manual configeration, I was losing about a second from what I normally run, as it was more of a distraction. so I'm gonna stick with Auto for this week

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2007, 21:47
The big news today at Adelaide was the DISQUALIFICATION of UK driver R/Rules for "cheating." The UK driver submitted times that were deemed to be "made up." Organisers claim they received times that were clearly impossible to achieve on default setup. A spokesman for the V8's said, " He obviously read a thread by J.B stating that the times on Codies that were genuine were the 1m.04's because that's the times that were first sent. These times are clearly impossible on default. His O/T was a claimed 26m!! We then got another pm stating it was a mistake - no reasons were given for the mistake, but even the new set of times (27mins!!!) did not add up. We came to the conclusion that he realised he had "made up" times that were unrealistic after reading Peter Vuko's thread about disregarding the Codies times! He tried to change the times but even then could not "cheat" correctly!"
COME ON R/Rules, these championships are based on TRUST!!! You have lost ours! People spend a lot of time trying to do there best in these races, why can't you? For those thinking that I'm being too harsh - this is not the first time he has been caught out - it's all been kept quiet. Also, look at the FPA series he runs(runs well I might add) - but, he has never once taken up the challenge of posting a time on Codies for Qualifying, yet he manages to be up there with the best of them. I am going to be very vigilant on "cheaters" in this comp - we don't need you! I hope R/Rules is man enough to admit his actions! TIME will tell - no pun intended!

That's a shame!! I feel guilty that I have something to do with this by asking if 1:04's where acheivable times. :uhoh:

Cheating has occured in other championships in the past, I don't see where the motivation to cheat is? It's not like we have prizes for the winners. It's just for fun.

(BTW Tannat claimed to do a 1:05 in a PM :eek: but then realised he read the time wrong :laugh:

Peter Vuko
28th February 2007, 22:11
You can do as many laps as you like in practice & qualifying. You can also run practice races to judge tyre wear. You pm all your times to me - Q/T,O/T & F/L. I wouldn't bother posting on Codies for this series as the times set are all done with "cheats." We don't use cheats or boosts in this series!

tannat
28th February 2007, 22:14
(BTW Tannat claimed to do a 1:05 in a PM :eek: but then realised he read the time wrong :laugh:

I meant 1:15 :D

Which, I'm proud to say, has dropped a bit :up:

tannat
28th February 2007, 22:20
I had an awful qualifying-is the top speed of the Ford's really only 155mph? It feels so slow down the back straight. I dared not try the race yet. if I come anything other than last I shall be shocked.

Something very wrong if your max is 155, Chris. Do you use manual or auto? I'd say your missing a gear if in manual. If in auto, then your entry speed onto the back straight must be a bit low. I'm hitting low 170's on the back. The faster guys are probably in the 180s

The first set of corners before the backstraight are really dodgy. You need to brake early (if at all) and accelerate early for each one.

Focus on getting as close to the apex as possible when cornering, and pay attention to good racing techniques (Brake early, and accelerate through the corner). Using mild handbrake on the hairpins will help you turn these brutes in a bit better.

PM me if you want to compare sector times at, say, the Holden Bridge on the backstraight on the final bridge on the lap (Ford bridge).

Tannat

harvick#1
28th February 2007, 22:38
I meant 1:15 :D

Which, I'm proud to say, has dropped a bit :up:

good I'm alittle faster than you :p :

hopefully we don't get too many dramatic close finishes between us this year :D

real_illusions
28th February 2007, 22:44
i think i reached at least 180mph on the back straight each lap..i cant remember now..i'll have to do a few more laps to see.

Did my race. Caught some backmarkers towards the end. Luckily they get out of the way quite easily, so, its not much of a problem, but they can distract you anbd perhaps put you off line for a corner, which messes up the next sequence if you meet them in the first few corners.

I doubt anyone will get through without a pitstop. I suspect most people will stop once, if you pit twice then your very hard on the tyres..

times will be with you soon mr vuko

:)

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2007, 22:51
i think i reached at least 180mph on the back straight each lap..i cant remember now..i'll have to do a few more laps to see.

Slipstream!? ;)

RALLY TEAM GB
28th February 2007, 23:04
ive just completed my practice run...the hard mode is...hard...i was paying more attention to the other cars than where i was going..............they kept slamming me into the wall...my car was a wreck after 1 lap

real_illusions
28th February 2007, 23:10
Slipstream!? ;)

probably :p :

lets see without a slip stream..

mid to high 170's

so i was close with 180 ;) :p :

tannat
1st March 2007, 01:03
hopefully we don't get too many dramatic close finishes between us this year :D

I can't make these freakin V8s work for me. You should take me here with no trouble, but I'll make a solid effort :up:

Muz
1st March 2007, 07:43
May I post a late entry to this round Peter? I like Adelaide and the default settings will suit my limited preperation. I believe the #21 BOC car is parked out in the paddock somewhere. If Bobzee can brush the cobwebs off I'll park the Ducati 999 next to it and have a run.

I am evil Homer
1st March 2007, 09:58
Been on holiday in the US - def taking part this round. Had a quick blast round last night and i'm much quicker in the Falcon than the Holden, so hopefully I can get a bit of consistency which was sadly lacking last time we visited this circuit!!

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 14:54
Kentucky Fried Racing announces last-minute surprise entry!

The excitement surrounding the 2007 V8 series and the inclusion of international tracks for the first time made securing sponsorship easy, so the team bought a car, rounded up a pit crew, headed to Australia, and should be hitting the track tomorrow night!

The sponsors are in for the long haul, and understand that our late entry will mean that this first season in the highly-competitive V8 series will strictly be a learning experience.

The team is hoping to possibly be occasionally running mid-field by the middle of the season, especially at the tracks they are already familiar with, like Spa, Bathurst, Donnington, and Brands Hatch.

However, the same people sponsoring the V8 effort also sponsoring Johnny's FPA ride, and want the FPA series to continue to be the priority.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st March 2007, 15:25
Jonathan Brown says that he is looking forward to the new V8series. After struggling to adapt to the Holden after a late entry last year he is hoping to be challenging for the overall honours after switching to Ford.

"Last year was reallt tough and I only managed to battle in the mid-field for the races I competed in. However I had some moments of pace, such as Surfers Paradise qualifying."

Jon will be hoping to build on his winter form that has seen him challenge reigning V8 champ Peter Vuko on the ClioCup and BTCC. " I've managed to give P.Vuko a good run for his money in front-wheel drive cars, so now I will try to do the same in a R/Wd"

maxu05
1st March 2007, 17:07
I'm curious to know what view you use when racing ? I use the in cockpit view, looking through the windshield over the dashboard. This view to me seems the most realistic. Does anyone use a different view ? I don't like the view where you can see the back of the car, not very realistic IMO (looks like you are driving the car whilst sitting in a box trailer mounted behind it. What view do you use ?

tannat
1st March 2007, 17:14
I'm curious to know what view you use when racing ? I use the in cockpit view, looking through the windshield over the dashboard. This view to me seems the most realistic. Does anyone use a different view ? I don't like the view where you can see the back of the car, not very realistic IMO (looks like you are driving the car whilst sitting in a box trailer mounted behind it. What view do you use ?

never mind realism I want low lap times :D

chase cam, baby :up:

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 17:16
I use the cockpit view too, because I think it's most realistic and most fun.

but I think most people here use the trailer box view, because you can see how the car is handling better and that may help you pick up some time.

as a purist, I think all views other than the cockpit view should be outlawed as silly and unrealistic :dork:

harvick#1
1st March 2007, 17:19
I use the roof camera, but I can the camera back and forth from the cockpit to the roof, I don't use the full car view, though.

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 17:21
tannat, my friend, then you will never know the joys of having to finish a race while looking through a severly cracked windshield.

or know the funny feeling of driving the car from the wrong side when you're down under.

but you go ahead chasing your lap times, and your podiums and your victories.

hey, why not just put the car on autopilot? and let the AI do everything for you?

sad sad sad.... :p

Brown, Jon Brow
1st March 2007, 17:27
or know the funny feeling of driving the car from the wrong side when you're down under.

Hey! That's the correct side :p

I usen the chase camera so I can tell what the rear of the car is doing. But if I'm using my steering wheel (which I never do in these championships) I use the cockpit cam.

I think I use the chase cam just because that's what i'm used to most.

real_illusions
1st March 2007, 17:47
i use bonnet cam for touring cars, and cockpit view for single seaters.

I can tell what the back end of the car is doing without looking at it..its called feel ;)

i hate the outside view of the car..its not natural.

Sometimes i use the cockpit view for touring cars when i go onto a single ch'ship for some fun..makes it more realistic.

harvick#1
1st March 2007, 18:07
I use the cockpit for single seater open wheels, but do you notice the front wing disappears when in the view :( it annoys me to know that

dcr22B
1st March 2007, 18:16
i use bonnet cam for touring cars, and cockpit view for single seaters.

I can tell what the back end of the car is doing without looking at it..its called feel ;)

i hate the outside view of the car..its not natural.

Sometimes i use the cockpit view for touring cars when i go onto a single ch'ship for some fun..makes it more realistic.

Bonnet cam for me as well! I find it helps you place the car much easier into the corners.

maxu05
1st March 2007, 18:52
Wow, that opened a can of worms :)

real_illusions
1st March 2007, 19:23
Wow, that opened a can of worms :)

i prefer cheese ;)

tannat
1st March 2007, 21:31
tannat, my friend, then you will never know the joys of having to finish a race while looking through a severly cracked windshield.

but you go ahead chasing your lap times, and your podiums and your victories.

hey, why not just put the car on autopilot? and let the AI do everything for you?

sad sad sad.... :p

I use the chase view so I can see how to take the proper line. You lose info on what is approaching with any other cam. And it's not a cheat or an aid, JShell.

ego, ego, ego...

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 21:56
actually, I'm glad that I'm one of the few who uses the cockpit cam

that way, when I'm really slow - which I usually am - I can tell myself "yeah, but if you used another view, you might run closer to, like, mid-field or something" :rotflmao:

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 22:01
oh yeah. and, I confess, I've tried switching to another view, because I know it is the smart thing to do.. but I'm so used to the cockpit cam that I kept missing my braking points and turn-in points!

and I haven't the patience to relearn them so I just switched back to what I was used to.

p.s. I think the way y'all say "bonnet" is cute. I'm not used to hearing grown men say "bonnet" so much

Brown, Jon Brow
1st March 2007, 22:05
p.s. I think the way y'all say "bonnet" is cute. I'm not used to hearing grown men say "bonnet" so much

Hey!! Don't tell English people how to speak English. :p

Cars have bonnets and boots, not hoods and trunks :rolleyes:

johnny shell
1st March 2007, 22:12
are you English JB?

I thought that white flag with the red cross was from finland or something???

just kidding bro!

(when I first started posting here I did have to look it up though. they don't teach us much about other country's flags and stuff here.)

harvick#1
1st March 2007, 22:18
Hey!! Don't tell English people how to speak English. :p

Cars have bonnets and boots, not hoods and trunks :rolleyes:

cars have hoods and trunks :p :

except mine, I only have a hood :mark: :p :

tannat
1st March 2007, 22:29
If the following is true:

oh yeah. and, I confess, I've tried switching to another view, because I know it is the smart thing to do.. but I'm so used to the cockpit cam that I kept missing my braking points and turn-in points!

and I haven't the patience to relearn them so I just switched back to what I was used to.

Then this is not true:

actually, I'm glad that I'm one of the few who uses the cockpit cam

that way, when I'm really slow - which I usually am - I can tell myself "yeah, but if you used another view, you might run closer to, like, mid-field or something" :rotflmao:

And you are actually using the view in which you are fastest, like myself, and probably most everyone else in the forum..

RALLY TEAM GB
1st March 2007, 22:39
i use cockpit view...bonnet cam now and then

Brown, Jon Brow
1st March 2007, 23:04
are you English JB?

I thought that white flag with the red cross was from finland or something???

just kidding bro!

(when I first started posting here I did have to look it up though. they don't teach us much about other country's flags and stuff here.)

I find that Americans and other nations are often confused by the flags of the Uk. The red and white St.Georges cross is England, the white diagonal cross on a blue background is Scotland and a red diagonal cross on a white background is Northern Ireland ;) They are combined to make the Union Jack, which represents the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
http://www.triskelle.eu/images/img_unionjack.gif
People sometimes think that the Union Jack is Englands flag, but that is wrong!

You find the Union Jack in the corner of Australia and New Zealand's flag because they worship us. :D

harvick#1
1st March 2007, 23:10
learn something new everyday, Professor Brown :D

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 02:21
Firstly, my car has a bonnet, a boot and wing panels and I fill it with petrol :)
Secondly, I started out using bumper cam for racing, as that was the most realistic view that was available in the Grand Tourismo Series. When TRD3 became available, I switched to the most realistic view available (cockpit cam), though it took some time to get used to it. I am quicker with this view now because I stuck with it, making the whole racing experience more realistic and more rewarding IMO. Cheers :up:
P.S. The Union Jack remains in the corner of the Oz and New Zealand flag as a reminder of who we beat in the Cricket etc,etc :laugh:

I am evil Homer
2nd March 2007, 10:38
Done my race....it went ,much better than last season, but I still struggled a little on worn tyres, hopefully not so much that I lose a lot of time!

johnny shell
2nd March 2007, 13:12
hey that flag thing is pretty cool. thanks for that

johnny shell
2nd March 2007, 13:16
And you are actually using the view in which you are fastest, like myself, and probably most everyone else in the forum..

dang it tannat, I think you're right. which means using cockpit view isn't an excuse for slow times at all. shucks.

tannat
2nd March 2007, 15:11
dang it tannat, I think you're right. which means using cockpit view isn't an excuse for slow times at all. shucks.

Just for kicks I did a few in car laps last night, and at Adelaide I was about .7 seconds off my best time (which to me is no difference).

I'll make this promise to you-I'll do at least one non-street course using in cockpit view in the V8s :up: :D

johnny shell
2nd March 2007, 15:40
I would try to do a race with the bonnet cam, but I can't even drive these cars from the view I'm accustomed to :(

I admire your versatility though!

maxu05
2nd March 2007, 18:01
Well, I have qualified and run the race, though, I feel I could do better with some practice, I gave it a shot non the less. I tried to make the first set of tyres last to lap 15, and on the in lap had a spin and clipped the wall. I made it back to the pits with some panel damage and headed out, only to put in my fastest lap 2 laps later. For qualifying, I lapped the circuit at least 20 times before I was at least happy, then, I beat my best time with the 1 lap shootout lap ? Oh well, sometimes it takes just 1 lap. It changes nothing thou, I'll still get my ass kicked :laugh:

harvick#1
2nd March 2007, 20:03
well after struggling in practice with speed, I continued working on my line.

then Qualifiying hit and I went 2 seconds faster then what I ran in practice :D this is still on Default setup. (I'm not sure why the car just won't run in practice, maybe I didn't push down the gas hard enough off the corners and through the backstrectch)

The race was awesome. I was able to start P1 after won the race into the chicane and it was over then, I ran consistent times. I pitted on lap 14 right as I hit lap traffic so it was a good idea to hit the pits for fresh tires. traffic was ok getting around plenty of room, got some great drafts on the straights. it was a great race, and seems practice session does nothing for me in terms of speed. maybe I didn't push down the X button all the way to get max speed. hoping for a decent place in points

RaikkonenRules
2nd March 2007, 20:22

Read my PM mate

johnny shell
2nd March 2007, 20:42
I started practicing today.

didn't know the track at all... heck of a track for a street cicruit.

after 5-6 laps on default set up I'm already up to 159th in the codies hall of fame! :D

harvick#1
2nd March 2007, 20:47
I love the course, but the rumble strips can mess with you.

Adam Sloma
2nd March 2007, 21:54
I'll found a sponsor (now i have 768Mb RAM :D , but still something is wrong. I think i must change CPU) and set a verry god lap time on time trial 1:07.78 (36 in Hall of Fame) but in qualifications on default settings I'm slower. As I say in FPA Championship, god setup is worth 2 sec. I hope this time i reach the end whithout any bad experience.

RALLY TEAM GB
2nd March 2007, 22:12
does anyone find the A.I cars to be very aggresive on hard setting?

i always get slammed into the wall and having to go to the pits

SK Performance Racing starts round 1 of the 2007 V8 supercar championship in Adelaide on saturday

BobZee
2nd March 2007, 23:06
Raikkonen Rules, I think your response to PV s post is of interest to others as well

maxu05
3rd March 2007, 08:43
Raikkonen Rules, I think your response to PV s post is of interest to others as well

I agree, I want to know more about this Rocket car :laugh:

Adam Sloma
3rd March 2007, 11:41
I use the cockpit view too, because I think it's most realistic and most fun.

Try changing view in Palmer Jaguar. Do you see some difference?

dcr22B
3rd March 2007, 12:04
Just had what can only be considered as the strangest practice session in my short V8 career.

Felt very ragged and didn't think that the lap times would come but to my utter astonishment, I'm between 2-3s per lap quicker than I was in the 2006 Clipsal (granted the elimination of corner cutting in last year's races will account for some of the time saved!). I'm now facing into qualifying anxious that my main competition from last year will be light year ahead of me but once I do my race tomorrow, I'll be happy with a top 10 finish to get me started for the year.

Full race report tomorrow.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2007, 14:13
Done my event.

Qualifying was my best ever, I think. I ran a 5minute session and on my final lap I tried something a little different in the final corner and it took over 0.5 seconds off my time :D My times would have been competive with the best from last year but I bet everyone has got faster.

In the race I couldn't match my qualifying speed. I pitted on lap 14 but on my out lap on cold tyres I brushed the barrier and damaged my gearbox. My second stint was ruined by traffic going stupidly slow :( I hit a car on lap 20 on the final turn and that damaged the engine. I reckon I lost about 15-20 seconds in traffic.

Adam Sloma
3rd March 2007, 15:03
I dont know why, but in race, I'm slower about 1 second on lap, than in qualifications.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2007, 15:12
I dont know why, but in race, I'm slower about 1 second on lap, than in qualifications.

I know in qualifying on the opening complex with 90 degree left/right handers I was basically aiming for the barrier on the apex as the cars understeer a little. In the race I didn't risk this.

Also at the start of the race on green tyres you have a heavy fuel load that slows you down. When your fuel goes down you can't go faster because there is traffic to lap ;)

Adam Sloma
3rd March 2007, 15:33
I know in qualifying on the opening complex with 90 degree left/right handers I was basically aiming for the barrier on the apex as the cars understeer a little. In the race I didn't risk this.

Also at the start of the race on green tyres you have a heavy fuel load that slows you down. When your fuel goes down you can't go faster because there is traffic to lap ;)

Thanks. I thought, that this of reason of weak CPU (Athlon 1,34GHz).

c8nay
4th March 2007, 04:26
I think I've done my races... good to be back in the old panel bashing nightmares :)

Oh and I use the rear view cam as my prefered camera choice as its the best excuse I can think of for my shockingly quick times :D

pudlea
4th March 2007, 11:50
Hi every-one, new to this. Completed my races, despite a few tangles with some cars i don't think I did too bad but we will see in the wash up.

I use either the in-car or bonnet view and drive manual on some tracks, Adelaide is just not one of them!

Looking forward to a competive season.

Adam Sloma
4th March 2007, 14:55
I've done my race.

Qualifications were successful. Shootout for a change went me tragically. I fell out from road on last turning, and had time over 1:12 :( .

On the lap 10 I touched barrier. I pitted on lap 12, and the pit time was 15 sec. On the lap 21 on one before last turning I crashed with side from different car and damaged engine, suspensions and gearbox and I was slower about 2 second on last laps.

However, this was one of better races what I went :D

dcr22B
4th March 2007, 15:27
Just completed my race and I have to say that I've really progressed a lot in 12 months! To be honest, the race was fairly uneventful with the only point of drama being a drag race out of the pits to hold onto 1st from Skaife (who hadn't completed his CPS but I could do without having to pass him). To say I got out of shape through the chicane after the start/finish is putting it mildly but I held track position. Had no trouble with the backmarkers and already looking froward to Round 2.

Best of luck to all other drivers and I'm really hoping for a top 5 position to keep to the level I was at in 2006.

johnny shell
5th March 2007, 00:53
times submitted!

I'm happy with my first outting in the famous V8 cars on the even more famous adelaid circuit. I've always heard a lot about these cars & this circuit, even here in the states, and it was a joy to see what all the fuss was about finally!

I was lucky to be able to qualify on the pole and lead the pack out of the chicane on my third try, then had a pretty uneventful race.

I was happy with my fast lap given my inexperience with the cars & the track, but I know I left up to a minute on the table by not being consistant.

I had good laps, just not enough of them.

had lots of fun though and hoping to not finish last!

I am evil Homer
5th March 2007, 10:19
Be interested to know if people tried to go without a pit stop. I woudl have thought it was impossible to do without getting awful times at the end!

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2007, 10:42
When are results out? :s

BobZee
5th March 2007, 11:10
I don't think it would have been possible to go without pitting, especially on default settings. I pitted on the 13th lap and tyres were yellow even then.
The BOC Ford felt very good at the first outing and I am hoping for a good finish. It was good to get back to driving something that needed a bit of muscle to get it around the track :)

Peter Vuko
5th March 2007, 12:04
Times will go up Tues. evening, Aussie time - plenty of entries & some great results!

real_illusions
5th March 2007, 12:39
yeah..its impossible to go without pitting on defaults.

Like i said before, most people will pit only once ;)

I am evil Homer
5th March 2007, 14:52
I did just to change the rubber. Just wonder how far into the race people went?

I think it was lap 15 for me and by that time I was losing almost a second a lap from my best time.

johnny shell
5th March 2007, 15:36
so, who was able to do the race in under 30 minutes? anyone?

real_illusions
5th March 2007, 16:21
i pitted around lap 13-14..although my lap times weren't that far off normal pace if i remember right.

I am evil Homer
5th March 2007, 16:38
Always been the issue with me in the V8s..I seem to lose too much time on worn tyres, either that or id on't have the confidence

As for times under 30 minutes i'd be suspect myself if they're way - you have to pit on default because of tyres, losing about 30 seconds on that lap. If you didn't there's no way you can average times in the high 1:09s needed for that time.

Its possible with set-ups, but default mode i'm not so sure. I was doing 1:10s comfortably and was a way off the 30 minute mark.

harvick#1
5th March 2007, 16:54
I think I was 31-32 minutes, I don't remember

johnny shell
5th March 2007, 16:57
I pitted on lap 13, and I was pushing it.

although, I did set my fast lap on like lap 23 I think! the tires were yellow but the fuel was light.....

under 31 minutes then anyone?

harvick#1
5th March 2007, 17:22
I pitted on lap 14... I got lucky with the lap cars as I was able to draft with them down the straights and out-break them into the hairpins.

SanjayKumar
5th March 2007, 18:22
I pitted on Lap 16...terrible too because I didn't make up any ground until the final lap when the race leaders pitted.

I was 32 minutes. :(

johnny shell
5th March 2007, 18:54
32 Sanjay? oh good. I'll have some competition then!

real_illusions
5th March 2007, 18:57
i got under 31 minutes..only just though..

looks like i'm not last then if people have got 31-32 minutes race time ;) :p :

johnny shell
5th March 2007, 19:02
no, so far RI you're in the lead, then Harv, with me & sanjay in a tight battle right on harv's tail.

real_illusions
5th March 2007, 21:34
yeah...but homer, vuko etc are keeping quiet ;)

SanjayKumar
5th March 2007, 22:10
32 Sanjay? oh good. I'll have some competition then!

haha, good! It was a pretty bad race though...between laps 10-12 I got some damage that didn't let me run as quick. My top speed before the damage was 176 on the straightaway and after the damage I couldn't get above 160...my lap times would have been quicker but man, it was a nice tough race!

True, some people were talking about running comfortable 1.10s...

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2007, 22:11
I couldn't into the 1:10's in the race. but I was in the 30mins ;)

If I had a pefect race I think my time would be very low 30mins.

Peter Vuko
5th March 2007, 22:23
We got a record 21 entries for Rd 1. Nobody broke the 30m barrier but there were a number of drivers in the 30m bracket. Results will go up tonight - more entries means more work! I will announce a few new inclusions tonight in an effort to keep all the competitors coming back for each Rd. Stay tuned!

johnny shell
5th March 2007, 22:27
21 entries??

great.

there's goes MY chances of scoring any points.

most likely anyway :rolleyes:

c8nay
5th March 2007, 22:30
i got under 31 minutes..only just though..

looks like i'm not last then if people have got 31-32 minutes race time ;) :p :

When I've put a time in, there is little chance anyone else is last :D

Peter Vuko
6th March 2007, 08:14
The season has started - and what a turn out!!! 21 cars from around the globe - 5 U.S drivers, 6 from GBR, 6 Aussies, 1 each from Poland, Finland, Ireland & China This V8 series has attracted the best drivers on the forum.
Qualifying was very interesting with the cars much faster than last year when eventual champion Peter Vuko took pole with a 1m.10.96. Almost 7 secs separated the field with some of the foreign drivers finding the Adelaide street circuit very tough!! This is how they lined up after Qualifying:

1. #15 S. Vuko(H)... 2. #12 BobZee(F)
..... 1m.09.07 ............. 1m.09.36
3. #1 P.Vuko(H)... 4.#19 A.Sloma(F)
..... 1m.09.40 ............. 1m.09.57
5. #21 Muz(F).... 6. #6 Homer(F)
.... 1m.10.06 ............... 1m.10.32
7. #88 dcr22B(F).... 8. # J.B.(F)
.... 1m.10.54 ................ 1m.10.57
9. #83 racer69(F).... 10. #666 r_illusions(H)
.... 1m.11.60 ............... 1m.11.85
11.#51 Pudlea(H) .... 12. # 33 Harvick(H)
..... 1m.12.02 .............. 1m.12.31
13.#2 Mixa(H)...... 14. #55 Maxu05(H)
.... 1m.12.48............... 1m.12.67
15.#52 c8nay(F).... 16.#11 Tannat(H)
.... 1m.13.55 ............. 1m.13.63
17.#45 S.Spackman(F).. 18.#82 J.Shell(F)
.... 1m.13.76 ............... 1m.13.95
19.#54 S.Kumar(F).... 20. C.Finch(H)
.... 1m.14.15.................. 1m.16.61
21.#8 R/Rules(H)
.... Disqualified

Seven Fords in the top 10 but Holdens taking 1st & 3rd spots. Well done to Vuko Jnr collecting 5 pts for pole position. The top5 only separated by .99s

Qualifying Pts:5pts-S.Vuko 4pts-BobZee 3pts-P.Vuko 2pts-A.Sloma 1pt-Muz.
Race Results coming up later!

RALLY TEAM GB
6th March 2007, 08:46
my qualifying result is going to be better than my race result.....

Peter Vuko
6th March 2007, 09:59
The 25 lapper proved to be a cracker with less than a minute separating the top 12 drivers. Pole sitter Vuko Jnr got a great start & led all the way to the finish. A very deserved win - he set the pace all weekend in the Holden. Ford driver BobZee was catching the young Aussie but just failed! Here is how they finished Rd 1`at Adelaide:
1.S.Vuko(H).. 30m.08s... 30pts + 5pts=35pts
2.B.Zee (F)... 30m.11s... 26pts + 4pts=30pts
3.Homer(F)... 30m.14.06...24pts
4.P.Vuko(H)...30m.14.84...22pts +3pts=25pts
5.Muz (F).. ...30m.23s.... 20pts + 1pt=21pts
6.A.Sloma(F)..30m.24s.....18pts + 2pts=20pts
7.J.B..(F).......30m.37s.....16pts
8.Mixa (H)..... 30m.43s......14pts
9.dcr22B(F)....30m.47s......12pts
10.real_ill(H).. 30m.51s......10pts
11.Pudlea(H).. 30m.59s.......8pts
12.harvick(H) .31m.03s.......6pts
13.racer69(F). 31m.18.74....4pts
14.Tannat(H). 31m.18.84.....2pts
15.Maxu05(H) .31m.25s.......1pt
16.J.Shell(F)....32m.03s.......0pts
17.c8nay (F)...32m.34.39.....0pts
18.S.Kumar(F)..32m.34.97....0pts
19.C.Finch (H)..33m.32s.......0pts
20.S.Spackman(F)....DNF......0pts
21.R/Rules....Disqualified.......0pts

A fantastic turn up guys!! Hope we can keep the numbers up. In Rd 3 I'm thinking about introducing a handicap type system to help the middle & back runners to get some pts & keep them interested. It looks like we have three distinct groups. My idea will be something along the lines of: the top group would just keep the O/times they achieve, the second group would deduct a certain time off their O/T eg 10sec on a 10 lapper & the third group would receive 20secs off. I would list the groups before the race Rd. I'm still working on it - any thoughts??

Peter Vuko
6th March 2007, 10:06
I've been asked by many people about the R/Rules episode. R/R eventually admitted to making up his times for the race. I asked him to apologise & to register onto Codies to get some credibility back. He has registered onto Codies & posted some times but he has not officially apologised on the forum for his actions. I think he should. We should as a group decide whether we should still support his FPA series - comments please!

BobZee
6th March 2007, 10:33
Congrats on the win Steven ! Does this mean you have replaced the "old man" as the number 1 driver of the team?? ;)
Very pleased with my result, but there are potential winners in at least the top 10 drivers - it's going to be a very tight series.
The handicap system sounds interesting, Peter. Perhaps 3 groups of 7 drivers?

As for the FPA series, I have made my feelings known in a previous post. Despite really enjoying it, I will not be competing any longer, for the obvious reason.

Mixa
6th March 2007, 11:19
I knew that I had a bad race with Holden. Dont know why but my laps were almost 2 secs slower than what I have used to drive. Quite disappointing because last year I won 1 race here and now was 8th 38 seconds behind what means ages at this track.

At the next one will try to push more. I think it should be better.

Good luck for everyone!

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 11:22
Only 7th :( nearly half a minute off the lead :mad:

I think it's difficult to decide where the front runners end and when the mid-field begins. Based on qualifying the biggest gaps were from 8th-9th (+1second) and 14th-15th (nearly 1sec).

Maybe if you decide in private how much time to deduct from individual drivers based on there last result or championship position. E.G take 10secs off S.Vuko in the next round, 9 off Bobzee, 8 off Homer etc.

I am evil Homer
6th March 2007, 11:23
Congrats Vuko Jr....showing the old man how it's done :D

Damn not being slightly closer in qually to get a point, but I thought i'd be there or thereabouts. Race was much better and I just managed ot hold off PV for the final podium postion, but it was a close one.

Success ballast woudl be okay by me, after all i'd like to keep a big field and if it gives the guys in the midfield a chance of a win/podium it would be good. Quite how we work it out I don't know!

real_illusions
6th March 2007, 11:48
only a 10th...not too bad i guess considering whos ahead of me.

success ballast - would be good. If we do setups, how about limiting certain setup parameters based on championship positions instead of race positions? If we run defaults, not too sure...i suppose we could add/take away number of seconds or maybe a percentage of times or something.

But i think if we run setups on every race, and use that as a limiter, as these cars are a bit quicker with a good setup compared to default.

And i say ch'ship positions instead of race positions, because, if we do race positions, the one race its like this, the next those at the front will go down, middle and last will go up, then back to round 1 again, its going to see-saw from race to race. Base the ballast on ch'ship positions, and we should in theory have less predictable racing and a closer championship.

And finally..regarding the R/R matter, he should apologise in public but whether we're all going to forgive him is a different matter, and if we trust him in future.

If you read all that, i'm not going to give you the that part of your life back :p : ;)

pudlea
6th March 2007, 12:26
Happy with my first up effort of 11th. Still have a lot of speed to find though. Dreading the set-ups as I have never played around with them so it is time to get is some testing with set-ups to give me a chance.

Great race guys, congratulations to Vuko Jnr on the win.

pudlea
6th March 2007, 12:40
Do any of you guys race online as well? I don't have live but a few of my friends get onto xlink kai and play online a few nights a weeks. If you are interested, send me a PM and we can tee something up.

Pudlea

dcr22B
6th March 2007, 13:48
The bar has most certainly been raised for 2007! Don't think I'll be repeating my 5th place overall from 2006.

tannat
6th March 2007, 14:13
13.racer69(F). 31m.18.74....4pts
14.Tannat(H). 31m.18.84.....2pts

If I hadn't been tapped at the final corner by racer69 13th would have been mine! :laugh:

Cheers, mate! :beer:

johnny shell
6th March 2007, 14:20
I'm surely dissapointed for missing out on the points by one spot... I know I deserve what I got though, since I was lagging a full minute behind that tight 5 car pack that finished 11-15th.

my goal this time out in the V8s was simply to get experience, get to know this track, and not finish last.

I met those goals, but I thought meeting those goals would at least get me some points!! or A point!

but, considering I never even hit the track until Thursday night, and only had maybe 30 minutes of practice, I guess I'll take it and head to the next round, and just try to keep having fun!

johnny shell
6th March 2007, 14:27
as far as the handicapping.

I'm not above receiving special help :D cheers to Peter for the idea

but I'd rather get more leadway in setting up my car, than receive handouts in the form of time shaving.

I know you fast guys like messing with your set-ups, but maybe you could have to run 100% hard tires, or full ride height, or default allignments or something.

that would make me feel less retarted than getting to take time off my REAL time.

c8nay
6th March 2007, 14:44
Woo! I'm in shock! and to think if I hadn't been tapped into the wall at the chicane I could of been in the top 16. :) Handicapping sounds fun, give the top runners blindfolds that should help us slightly slower guys. As for R/R it ill be hard for him to put any decent time in without being questioned now so he only has himself to blame. I left the FPA series a few rounds in becasue it wasn't as fun/ I didn't get time.

racer69
6th March 2007, 15:01
What a fantastic turnout, and close racing to boot.

I was reasonably happy with my qualifying, my race was just too inconsistent though, and i continue my habit of damaging the gearbox, though some points are better than no points to start the season :)

Tannat - a racing incident surely, you should have noticed my kamikaze manouvre earlier and given me some racing room ;) We've been having some good close racing between ourselves lately :)

As for success ballast, i personally prefer the more 'pure' approach of the likes of myself just having to try harder to get nearer to the front, but whatever the rules i'm happy to abide by.

tannat
6th March 2007, 15:51
Auto gearboxes for all would level the field a bit..

but I'm not horribly interested in success ballast. Let things continue as they are..

dcr22B
6th March 2007, 16:26

but I'm not horribly interested in success ballast. Let things continue as they are..

I couldn't possibly go back to automatic gearboxes as I reckon a lot of the time gains for me are in the fact that I can time my braking/gearchanges for maximum effect.

I would like to continue on as we are. The idea of success ballast doesn't massively appeal to me.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 16:40

I think that the speed advantage gained by a manual box is over stated. I won a DTM race last year with a Auto box.

I like the idea of the championship leaders having default settings.

tannat
6th March 2007, 17:01
I think that the speed advantage gained by a manual box is over stated. I won a DTM race last year with a Auto box.

I like the idea of the championship leaders having default settings.

Crank a few laps at Adelaide with the prescribed race settings we used ans see what you get, JB..

I'm curious...

I ballasted Homer pretty well in TOCA2 with an auto gearbox.. ;)

maxu05
6th March 2007, 17:48
I am happy getting 1 point for 15th in my first run in this. I seldom get time to turn the PS2 on these days, so a bit more practice would go down well. Last year I was able to lap in the low 1:12's at Adelaide (I had more time on my hands, and couldn't drag myself away from TRD3), with the occassional mid to high 1:11. I will get stuck into some practice sessions this weekend (I will finally have some time to myself), and set myself the target of breaking into the top ten. It may take a few races, but some of the tracks I really like, and thought I have put in fast lap times at some of them, though, I havn't measured my times against anyone else yet, that's new ground for me. I can't wait till the next round. At Eastern Creek, I'm gonna drive it like I stole it.

johnny shell
6th March 2007, 17:53
you better dirve it like you stole it, old man!

:cheese:

I'm not going to settle for no points again at Eastern Creek!

dcr22B
6th March 2007, 18:03
I'm sooo looking forward to Eastern Creek as it's the track where I turned the corner in 06 in terms of being reasonably competitive. Will start practising later this week so that I can hopefully move up the championship leaderboard.

SanjayKumar
6th March 2007, 19:18
I can say I'm definitely disappointed, but I expected as much. My practice times were in the 1.13s and I couldn't even repeat that during qualifying or the actual race. Whatever happened in the race is irrelevant now, but I look forward to the next event which I will certainly be practicing for. Johnny Shell...the battle is on! haha.

harvick#1
6th March 2007, 21:01
holy hell those are fast times for default set-up. did you guys we steering wheels, I know I didn't post that fast a time, but to be three seconds slower when I still ran the track nearly perfect, I got some work to do then.

but glad to beat my American mates :D :beer:

RALLY TEAM GB
6th March 2007, 21:51
i posted a DNF as i got slammed 3 times into the wall and spent most of my time in the pits

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 23:01
I've done some laps at Eastern Ck and i'm in the low 1:07's on a default set-up, which I think based on last years times will put me in the lower reaches of the top 10.

tannat
7th March 2007, 00:49

Hockenheim awaits, my friend... :D

harvick#1
7th March 2007, 01:34
bring it on :D

I'm bringing in a secret weapon, the R10 :p :

SanjayKumar
7th March 2007, 02:42

Until next time you mean...gimme that beer :beer:

maxu05
7th March 2007, 06:07
you better dirve it like you stole it, old man!

:cheese:

I'm not going to settle for no points again at Eastern Creek!

Your only as old as the woman you feel my friend, and she is 11 years younger than me, making me 29 years old :D

Peter Vuko
7th March 2007, 08:37
I forgot to put up the F/L times for the Adelaide race. The top 5 times were:
1.S.Vuko 1m.10.12
2.Homer 1m.10.16
3.dcr22B 1m.10.25
4.BobZee 1m.10.34
5.P.Vuko 1m.10.48

52Paddy
7th March 2007, 09:48
I will put down an entry for this championship when I have unlocked the series. My save game has gone since I re-installed the game.

Muz
7th March 2007, 12:18
I'm very pleased with my result. With very limited time I only did one practice session before the race. Not what I'm used to so 5th was good.

Congrats to Vuko Jnr and to my team mate Bobzee, huge effort mate!!

As far as handicapping goes, it seems like there are lots of good battles going on right throughout the field so is it needed??