PDA

View Full Version : RBR with G25 logitech

Howie2010
17th December 2009, 14:48
Hey guys,

Where can I find out how to setup the G25 for best settings?
Im not that good of a sim driver to use 900 degrees, and have tried used Profiler to set to more like 300 deg, but some reason I cant get it to be more sensitive in RBR...

I turn my wheel but it seems to not turn the car for a while as if there is lag or too many degrees...

Cheers!

NeverKnow
17th December 2009, 15:01
Have you tried to turn down filter setting for the wheel. It's under controls - steering - filter settings - axis. mine looks something like this but keep in mind I only have 220 degrees to play with.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/filter.jpg

Howie2010
17th December 2009, 15:10
yes i actually have tried that and still nothing...

i guess my question 1st and foremost is, will running mods like RBR2010 or anything else override Logitech Profiler settings?

actually forget that, because it still doesnt work when i run the normal RBR...

it just seems no matter what that im stuck with 900 deg, which is too difficult...
I need to set it to have more sensitive steering so if i turn the wheel 20 degrees it turns more than it does now...

cheers!

NeverKnow
17th December 2009, 15:18
Have you tried maxing out max steering lock in car setup?

Howie2010
17th December 2009, 17:01
no, i will try that thanks, but does that mean for every car i have to tweak the lock?

what i dont understand is, does RBR not get info from Logitech Profiler which allows me to set the degrees, center, damp, etc from windows before I run RBR? im thinking because the game is so old that perhaps its not getting the info?

GRID, NFS, Dirt 2, etc all get the settings I input in Profiler...

sperger
17th December 2009, 18:05
I've got a G25 and I find that the FF and steering sensitivity is fine in RBR after taking advice from this link http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=32307. It seems that in RBR the main things are to get rid of the pc input filter setting and messing with the constant force multiplier settings. I always had my wheel on the default setting of 200 degrees but specially for the French rally it was far too sensitive then I was reading up on blackhole and rallysim and settled on 540 degrees for the wheel in the profiler then I set the steering lock in RBR (steering and rollbars) to 792. The default is 504 and because of the way that it works, if you set a turning circle of greater than 504 your wheel is very unsensitive. The game is set to use a multiplier of 1.4 to provide steering that feels right so that means that if you are gong to leave it set at 504 you need to set the profiler to 360ish. Setting 900 will give you very unresponsive steering. Setting 540 in the profiler and 792 in the game works best for me, much more stable and not as twitchy as lower settings in the profiler. The only pain is that you have to set it up for every car and when you use RSRBR you have to remember to load the setting for every stage. So long as you bear the 1.4 multiplier in mind you can use pretty much any setting you want. In the filter settings also, make sure that you clear all of the digital filter settings as well as the analogue ones. I'm not totally certain but there was talk around that they had an effect on the wheel and as the wheel is analogue yo don't need them. Another unrelated thing about rallying with the G25 is that I use the paddle shifters for gears and the gear stick set to sequential as a handbrake.

Howie2010
19th December 2009, 11:39
ungh so theres no way to set a file to keep the settings?
i have to set this EVERY time i race?! :(

Macd
19th December 2009, 15:06
ungh so theres no way to set a file to keep the settings?
i have to set this EVERY time i race?! :(

you have to do this without loadding up rbrsr. so just in the normal game, then save it to your profile.

Howie2010
19th December 2009, 19:29
sweet, cheers!

anyone know why rsrbr2010 wont run BTB stages? Says Stage File not there...