:D

Sonic
17th December 2009, 14:20
Trickier.....

Isn't that two questions anyway?

Dave B
17th December 2009, 14:33
Ferrari and the F2002.

As a team they netted 7 out of 10 constructors' championships, and won at least one race in every season of the decade. Some of their recent decisions have been questionable (traffic lights in the pitlane, lack of quality third driver) but they don't look like fading into obscurity any time soon.

The F2002 not only dominated that season, it also won a race in revised form in 2003. Throughout '02, Michael Schumacher never finished outside the top 2 driving that car. Utterly astonishing.

ArrowsFA1
17th December 2009, 14:35
Ferrari and the F2002.
:up:

jens
17th December 2009, 16:19
Yes, F2002 has been the most dominant car of the decade, even F2004's advantage over the rest of the field wasn't that big. Funny how at Monza'02 Ferrari almost lapped the whole field despite both cars driving slowly like a snail for the whole second half of the race.

F1boat
17th December 2009, 17:29
Ferrari and the F2002.

As a team they netted 7 out of 10 constructors' championships, and won at least one race in every season of the decade. Some of their recent decisions have been questionable (traffic lights in the pitlane, lack of quality third driver) but they don't look like fading into obscurity any time soon.

The F2002 not only dominated that season, it also won a race in revised form in 2003. Throughout '02, Michael Schumacher never finished outside the top 2 driving that car. Utterly astonishing.

I agree.

UltimateDanGTR
17th December 2009, 17:58
Ferrari and the F2002.

I think you have just ruined the thread Dave-Because ur r absolutely 100% right IMO and it seems most would agree with you!

and driver of the decade has to go to Schumacher, 5 championships in a row at the start of the decade sums it up really. and who knows, next decade he may return.....

No one even comes close to driver, team or car of the decade IMO.

as a mclaren fan its hard to say, but its true and ferrari deserve huge respect for their achievments this decade-and i would say most of the success came from 3 main people; ross brawn, schumi, and jean todt. sicne these 3 have not been there, ferrari havnt been as good but still managed to win the constructors championships in 07 and 08.

maximilian
17th December 2009, 18:34
Super Aguri and the astonishing SA07 - after all, they were everybody's second favorite team (so if you add up all the points, they'd score best!) :D , and their rise to score points and almost beating the factory Honda team was one of the best stories. :)

jonny hurlock
17th December 2009, 20:49
ferrari, f2002

VkmSpouge
17th December 2009, 20:52
Yes it is Scuderia Ferrari and the Ferrari F2002. Though my favourite teams were Minardi and Super Aguri and my favourite cars were the Minardi PS01 and Super Aguri SA05.

Rollo
17th December 2009, 22:11
The car of the decade was none other than the Sauber C20.

This was quite a clever little ploy by Sergio Rinland based off of an idea from the late Dr Harvey Postlethwaite's RA099 (the Honda test car), and was the first "twin keel" car.
I'd cite the C20 as the car of the decade because it had the most influence on changing everyone else's cars. Arguably when the rules changed in 2005 the MP4-20 made better use of the keelless requirements than anyone else.

The F2002 is the most successful car, however being a development of the F2001 it was mated to the brilliant 051B engine. The car's total dominance is mainly due to the gearbox which was "clutchless" and "direct shift"; I can't even begin to imagine how that would work.

wedge
17th December 2009, 23:26
Super Aguri and the astonishing SA07 - after all, they were everybody's second favorite team (so if you add up all the points, they'd score best!) :D , and their rise to score points and almost beating the factory Honda team was one of the best stories. :)

SA07 was really a customer car.

I'd go for the SA06 which was really a B-spec of the SA05 with modern parts added. Sato got a top 10 finish at Brazil 2006. Astonishing team work considering it was based on an old Arrows chassis.

ioan
18th December 2009, 00:01
Ferrari and the F2002.

Sums it up perfectly.

turismo6
18th December 2009, 06:31
It's hard to beat the F2002

Maybe we need a Best livery / Best looking car thread ?

555-04Q2
18th December 2009, 08:13
Ferrari F2002 closely followed by the F2004. Both briliant cars :up: