-----------------------------
11-13 December 2009
RBR MF Cup Season 2 - Round 2

Rules
-----
Open to WRC, S2000, N4-N1 and A7-A5 cars
Tyre choice is free for all stages
Pacenotes - Audio only, not visual
One SuperRally per leg, 3min penalty for each SuperRally used.

Stages
------
Leg 1
SS1 - Shepherds Shield - Mod: Snow - Weather: Clear - 4.8km

Leg 2
SS2 - Noiker II - Mod: Snow - Weather: Clear - 13.7km
SS3 - Prospect Ridge - Mod: Snow - Weather: Medium Fog - 7.8km
SS4 - Falstone - Mod: Snow - NIGHT MOD - Weather: Bad - 6.6km

Leg 3
SS5 - Diamond Creek II - Mod: Snow - Weather: Bad - 6.8km
SS6 - Newbobs II - Mod: Snow - Weather: Ligth Fog - 10.0km
SS7 - Autiovaara II - Mod: Snow - NIGHT MOD - Weather: clear - 6.1km

Leg 4
SS8 - Sikakama II - Mod: Snow - Weather: Thick Fog - 10.2km
SS9 - Chironhead - Mod: Snow - Weather: Light Fog - 7.0km
SS10 - Hulapai Nation - Mod: Snow - Weather: Clear - 8.6km

Total Distance - 81.6km

Entries
-------
Send your entries to BruceD by PM or by email to [email:nel1dchr]rbrmfcup@gmail.com[/email:nel1dchr] Entry info as follows: Name, Country, Team, Car.

Submitting times
----------------
Start each stage using the "RSRBR2009" button under the "play alone" section, do your stage. The time will be recorded in the window at the bottom of RsCenter. If its not recorded, you did something wrong. Use "public sessions" tab and "Go" button for BTB stages.

Once you have completed the stages you wish to do, select the File menu and click on "Save times" The times are saved to your RBR directory under the folder "MyTimes". Once you have done all the stages, send all your html files to [email:nel1dchr]rbrmfcup@gmail.com[/email:nel1dchr] to be scored. Please note that more than 1 html file can be submitted so you don't have to do all the stages at one time.

Entries open immediately. Rally and entries close at midnight Tuesday 15th December 2009

lcd
7th December 2009, 06:54
After 1st round's retirement, a good performance In the Swedish event
Is very Imperative! Schedule looks Interesting so I wish there will
be many entries and a lot of fun In the snow..! ;)

NeverKnow
7th December 2009, 08:06
Looks like very interesting schedule indeed. Driving in a snow blizzard is hard on it's own but I haven't tried driving in a thick fog on snow, I'll probably become snow blind and will drive very slowly.
Nevertheless will look forward to the rally.

NeverKnow
7th December 2009, 10:59
I will enter the event with a S14 Subaru. On a straight line C4 and Focus are faster but I'm eager to see how it compares to others over course of the rally.

Bruce D
7th December 2009, 11:08
Ah, the first of the S14s then. To my knowledge there may be as many as 3 on this event.

You guys may have noticed there are no BTB stages on this event, so hopefully nobody should have technical issues.

One thing to note - I will allow Sweden mods on this rally. Personally I don't think it makes that much difference, just graphical. Certainly in my testing it wasn't any faster.

Bruce D
7th December 2009, 13:35
Oh yeah, one more thing. The deadline is the 15th, but due to the 16th being a holiday here, I will only release the results on the 17th. Keep you waiting a bit longer... :p

tannat
7th December 2009, 15:07
Got a new controller, and had some promising stage times in practice over the weekend.

Just hope I can load all the add on stages with no issues..

Macd
7th December 2009, 22:42
I'm looking forward to this one its been ages since we had one. I think we need to do some more fun events in between or like a group shakedown for the next event. I would really like to see an Irish event Finland's stages are goo with the tarmac mod, lots of crests. I'll be entering in an '07 Subaru hoping to repeat my win on snow last season and see how the rest of you do before a possible new car comes along ;)

Bruce D
8th December 2009, 05:33
Well Macd I was considering running a "South African Online Rally Championship" next year - the season runs from March until October usually (8 rallies), but I think with the world cup it'll run to November next year. Anyway, I was thinking it could run in the middle week between Cup events. The difference here would be that it will be all-gravel events (one or two tar Spectator stage thrown in), 2 day events, and only open to S2000, N4-N1 and A7-A5 cars, no WRC cars allowed. Given how close those fun events this year with S2000/N4 cars was, I think it could be a cracking season. The scoring would all be according to the real championship too. What you guys think about that?

Hey Tannat, nice to see you have a controller now. Your times would have been better for sure, which means you're not that far off. The trick, which I'm still learning myself, is to stay on the road throughout the event!

Wow, 24 hours and 7 entries already for this rally, and they all look like they're promising to compete this time! And I still have to find out from jimakos if he's doing this one.

Bruce D
8th December 2009, 05:47
Entry list so far, hopefully more to come:

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/SweEntry1.jpg

lcd
8th December 2009, 06:25
...I was thinking it could run in the middle week between Cup events. The difference here would be that it will be all-gravel events (one or two tar Spectator stage thrown in), 2 day events, and only open to S2000, N4-N1 and A7-A5 cars, no WRC cars allowed. Given how close those fun events this year with S2000/N4 cars was, I think it could be a cracking season. The scoring would all be according to the real championship too. What you guys think about that?

I'm In! ;)

tannat
8th December 2009, 11:48
Okay-3 file transfers from the desktop to the laptop and I think I am ready to go..

Will find out this PM :D

NeverKnow
8th December 2009, 11:51
Well Macd I was considering running a "South African Online Rally Championship" next year - the season runs from March until October usually (8 rallies), but I think with the world cup it'll run to November next year. Anyway, I was thinking it could run in the middle week between Cup events. The difference here would be that it will be all-gravel events (one or two tar Spectator stage thrown in), 2 day events, and only open to S2000, N4-N1 and A7-A5 cars, no WRC cars allowed. Given how close those fun events this year with S2000/N4 cars was, I think it could be a cracking season. The scoring would all be according to the real championship too. What you guys think about that?

I'm also interested in this.

Bruce D
8th December 2009, 13:40
Well the interest in the SA champ looks good so I've come up with a calendar so far, which I'll release some time soon. But it will only be next year. I'm keeping things quiet over this Christmas and New Year break so that people can have holidays and then in Feb step things up a bit.

Macd
8th December 2009, 17:26
That would be great, gives us a chance to drive other cars.

Bruce D
9th December 2009, 05:42
Updated entry list, featuring the 2 new guys. Unfortunately they can't join this forum and the admin here don't seem to care about new people joining here so they will be "silent" competitors.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/SweEntry2.jpg

NeverKnow
9th December 2009, 10:32
Looks like a great entry list so far. Surprised to see 3 S14 aswell.

Francis44
9th December 2009, 11:53
I dont have high expectation for this one, last year in snow I was third and I would like to score as many points as I can in this time of the season. New car so my expectations aren't that high, i just want to score points and not crash :p :!!!!

Bruce D
9th December 2009, 12:02
Well I knew the 3 were coming, I thought that Macd would go that route as well and make it 4. The nice thing I'm pretty sure everyone will actually start this rally this time. Paul got his running fine last night and Aaron is keen too.

Bruce D
11th December 2009, 05:47
Completed my rally last night - what a disaster, but I managed to finish so I should pick up some points. Used 3 SuperRallies! This rally was difficult in places and easy in others which made it tough to find a pace that worked well. I was annoyed with my roll on Shepherds Shield, that could have been avoided easily. I just understeered into a ditch which flipped the car over. Had a massive roll on NewBobs but the car survived and I finished the stage. Smacked a rock in Chironhead which broke the sump and the engine expired less than 1 km down the road. Anyway, I should be at least 11min off the win, provided people get through cleanly.

lcd
11th December 2009, 07:22
Completed my rally last night - what a disaster, but I managed to finish so I should pick up some points. Used 3 SuperRallies!...

It Is said that Grace Motorsport Team Chief, suffered from s a stroke
when Informed about that!!! :D
RM0XNCN1OOQ

Bruce D
11th December 2009, 08:18
Better than when you retired from Monte. :p

hehe...

NeverKnow
11th December 2009, 10:32
Leg 1 and 2 complete. Nothing spectacular happened to me so far. Few small driving errors and had problems with downshifting on my wheel. Sometimes it didn't downshift at all and once it downshifted twice on a K corner into neutral which isn't the fastest way of traveling.
I tried mr Loeb's approach of very smooth driving and I think it worked (need to wait for results to see if it really worked) but I think I lost some time with the fog when sometimes I braked too early in the high speed sections for the corner. Also I think I lost some time in the high speed sections due to short gears of the S14 aswell.
Will look forward to legs 3 and 4.

tannat
11th December 2009, 12:09
Help..

When launchig from the RSCenter I receive an error stating Run time error 339component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: afile is missing or invalid.

Any ideas?

Will have a go at reloading everything...

NeverKnow
11th December 2009, 12:29
Help..

When launchig from the RSCenter I receive an error stating Run time error 339component comctl32.ocx or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: afile is missing or invalid.

Any ideas?

Will have a go at reloading everything...
Are you running on Vista?

Maybe this might be of help:
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=COMCTL32.OCX

NeverKnow
11th December 2009, 13:06
Leg 3 and 4 finished.
On SS5 I had a little off where there is the blind crest with a huge jump, nothing serious but I think I lost some time there. I went off the track and sideways to the bushes but luckily didn't hit anything.
SS7 I planned to take it safe but still managed to have some moments like having a spin and arriving to some corners too fast. 4,5 km into the stage I took the jump very slowly.
SS8 and SS9 I had once again downshift problem which ruined my rhytm a little and I made some mistakes.
Overall I'm glad that I finished because I had some bad moments that could led to retirement. My favourite stages from the rally probably are SS6 and SS10. Fast and flowing and no heavy fog to battle with.
I'm not expecting much but I'm looking forward to see how it turned out.

lcd
11th December 2009, 13:19
...Maybe this might be of help:
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=COMCTL32.OCX

...or get and simply run this exe, to update your library files! ;)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1h9475/n/libraryfiles.exe

In case you experience any problem In loading any RSRBR09 tracks,
have In mind that you have to Install latest directx9, even If you're on Vista, as the game needs those files to run OK!
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en

NeverKnow
11th December 2009, 14:33
Here are some pictures:
1 (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally010-2.jpg),2 (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally008-2.jpg), 3 (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally007-3.jpg), 4 (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally006-2.jpg), 5 (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally005-2.jpg), 6 (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally004-2.jpg), 7. (http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Rally%20Sweden/Rally003-2.jpg)
And video from SS6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6ZLmZ4u1s).

Bruce D
11th December 2009, 14:35
NeverKnow, SS7 was the only stage I beat you on, so you must have been cruising! :p On average you took 40sec a stage out of me, just the 3 I had clear runs on that I was anywhere near you. Will have to wait and see next week what the others do.

tannat
11th December 2009, 15:16
...or get and simply run this exe, to update your library files! ;)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1h9475/n/libraryfiles.exe

In case you experience any problem In loading any RSRBR09 tracks,
have In mind that you have to Install latest directx9, even If you're on Vista, as the game needs those files to run OK!
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displayLang=en

Cheers, guys. I may be running Vista, but don't know if I am.

Scary that playing games seems to require a degree in computer science....

Bruce D
12th December 2009, 06:11
I may be running Vista, but don't know if I am.

Thats simple. If you have annoying fancy graphics, your PC is slow for no reason, and you can't run any programs, then you have Vista! ;)

If you have no flashy graphics, and everything works and it says Windows XP on startup, its Windows XP.

lcd
12th December 2009, 08:02
Leg1&2 completed! Of course there was some drama around the stages,
thanks to Bruce's weather Inspiration! :D
ss1 was fine, but In ss2 missed a 'K right' call, and continued straight ahead
for some meters! Later on, thanks to a tree, had my 1st puncture
and really struggled to make It to the finish!
ss3 was more dramatic, thanks to bad visibility;had an off where used spectators help
and that's where I got my 2nd puncture! ss4 was better, but not so fast I guess!!!

Let's see what Leg3 Is going to bring tonight...

ss4 live action:
S-hAnrB9sf8

tannat
12th December 2009, 14:33
Thats simple. If you have annoying fancy graphics, your PC is slow for no reason, and you can't run any programs, then you have Vista! ;)

If you have no flashy graphics, and everything works and it says Windows XP on startup, its Windows XP.

If RBR runs fine on its own, then so should 2009-am I right?

Giving this all one final go, then I am throwing in the towel (or laptop, more appropriately)....

Bruce D
13th December 2009, 05:32
Well technically yes, if your fresh RBR install runs fine and with all the patch updates then it should all work.

Hey LCD, are you using the keyboard or gamepad with that steering action?

Also, I need some serious work on my setups, no way I can commit like that to a K-corner... :(

lcd
13th December 2009, 10:20
Hey LCD, are you using the keyboard or gamepad with that steering action?

Gamepad here Bruce...

Francis44
13th December 2009, 14:29
Hey Bruce.....RSRBR 2010 has just been released, can we participate in other rounds using it??!! I've read on the RallyeSim forum that some Mods are different and that may interfere with performance times since some textures of tarmac mods have been corrected and grip on Monte-Carlo Mod has been improved.

tannat
14th December 2009, 04:35
Sorry to continue sharing my woes, but update:

Desktop-initially had everything downloaded from Rallysim to my old desktop, updated Direct X and was shocked when everything actually started to run, albeit with minute long page loads, got all the way up to running a stage and then it would'nt respond. REALLY need to update my desktop

Laptop-had transferred all files downloaded to the desktop to my laptop. Had the error as indicated in previous post. Reloaded the files again yet m still showing the same error (MSCI.ocx as above) even after the above suggestions.I have a feeling either some file is not making the transfer (although I can't see how) or something with the laptop is preventing me from running it (perhaps the same thing preventing me from downloading directly to the laptop).

Will probably not make this round. Have one more option before the next round I'll try...

Bruce D
14th December 2009, 05:52
Well I'm ticked off to see RSRBR2010 has been released but with no add-on patch for 2009, which means I can't download the thing, at over 1GB. :angryfire :

Bruce D
14th December 2009, 05:54
BTW, Aaron, who still can't get onto this site, wants me to post the following on his behalf:

Overall, for my first competitive rally in a new car, I was happy with his results. A few mistakes and a lack of confidence on the snow kept his speed down but I completed every stage and had only a handful of mistakes. I really enjoyed the feel of the new car and is looking forward to putting it through it's paces on gravel.

Stage summary:

Had a good smooth run on SS1 Friday night as a warm up. On Sunday, SS2 (Noiker) was going excellent, very clean and fast until I clipped a bank 1k from the end and rolled it. Landed on my feet but had to finish with a bent steering arm. My nervousness about the weather came out on SS3 with a clean run but it wasn't fast. SS4 was looking good till I clipped a guard rail and lost about 10s. SS5, on the other hand, was miserable from start to finish. A bad CFH at the end probably should have been a DNF but RBR took mercy on me and I limped across the finish line. SS6 felt great with a steady pace. SS7 also felt good but I think I was slow. SS8 was also slow due to the fog but no problems. That continued into SS9 but in SS10 I slipped down a bank and had to CFH ruining what was otherwise a good run. Overall I have no idea where I'll be in the rankings.

lcd
14th December 2009, 06:26
Something came up and I will delay to finish the rally Bruce!
I'll do everything possible to make It til Thusrday though... ;)

Bruce D
14th December 2009, 11:56
OK LCD, hope you submit though. Seems like a spread out event this time. Not so close, maybe the conditions kept things difficult.

sperger
14th December 2009, 23:37
Hello all, I'm new here. I've entered the rally and have just completed my runs. It was all a bit of a rush with no time to practice some of the stages but I am reasonably happy, even if I am propping up the table.

I'd never driven the 01 impreza before but I quite like it. I wanted to use Atkinsons 08 car but I think they must have replaced it with the Gronholm one and I couldn't get that to steer straight. Anyway Stages 1 and 2 were uneventful and I remembered most of the elephant traps from the last time I played the game. SS3 was a bit different. I think I hit something in the bumpy bit in the woods near the beginning because the steering went AWOL. Somewhere I did a 360 and took out some spectators then hit something else and broke the turbo. Ended up with a very poorly car. SS4 was evil. I like Falstone but I didn't like that. I couldn't get into a rhythm and drove one gear lower than usual. SS5 I broke the car again. I was so pleased to get over the big jump in one piece that I totally misjudged the fast left a bit lower down and went off-roading. I managed to get back on without hitting anything so filled with a new confidence I misjudged a turn about 2km from the end and hit a big rock hard. The oil light came on and the engine sounded unwell then about half a K from the end the engine died, luckily I was going downhill so I managed to coast over the finish line. I was quite pleased with SS6 though I took it very slowly, I managed to miss all of the rocks, trees and banks that I had found in my practice. The biggest surprises for me were the 2 Finnish stages. I've always been rubbish at them and that hasn't changed but I did beat my personal bests in both of them and I actually enjoyed driving SS8. I've never liked Chirdonhead and driving in snow and fog isn't an improvement. When I tried to practice it there were far too many magnetic trees and I couldn't see the road well enough to go fast so I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and I drove like my mum. I didn't get a chance to practice SS10, but I remembered that some of the turns are worse that the calls suggest so I took it easy, until the last km then I went off-roading after totally misjudging a turn. I managed to get back on the road and finished without breaking the car.

I suppose that overall I'm quite pleased because I achieved my aim of finishing every stage and I look forward to the next rally. My name's Carl by the way.

Bruce D
15th December 2009, 06:00
Right, got results for NeverKnow, sperger, Macd, Aaron and myself so far.

Francis44
15th December 2009, 12:30
Right, got results for NeverKnow, sperger, Macd, Aaron and myself so far.

Haven't you received mines yet??!!

Bruce D
15th December 2009, 13:39
Sorry, I did. Forgot to mention you in the list. I think I'm just waiting for Paul and LCD now.

lcd
16th December 2009, 07:44
Just emailed you my times Bruce! :)
Though I had many things on my mind the past days, I really enjoyed the Swedish event.
Graphically, some tracks were amazing and thanks to the fog factor, looked and felt very real! The grip was nice too!
Had some bad moments during leg2+3, but I'm glad I finished the rally without any retirement !
(I was very lucky at some ocassions though...)
I really loved NewbobsII-light fog, SikakamaII-thick fog and the night stages of course! I think I might be In top3 times,
In the stages where my driving was clean!
Overall Sweden was a pure rally pleasure, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to some gravel now! :D

Live from NewbobsII:
FNWEevcecVI

Bruce D
17th December 2009, 05:12
Got everyone's times now. Tannat was the only DNS so 8 entries finished this one! =D

Will have the results up as soon as I can today.

Bruce D
17th December 2009, 13:37
The short story of the fight for the lead went something like this - Leg 1 game on, Leg 2 game over! NeverKnow dominated the first 2 legs of the event to have a clear lead to just play with for the rest of the event, letting the others take the odd second here and there to the finish. So then, career win Number 2 for the reigning champion.

So what else happened? Well it soon settled down into Francis44 running in second, but the surprise after SS2 was who was in third, new boy Paul Minnar! Paul actually had the drive of the rally, running in 4th overall until stage 6, where he lost over 4min with off road experiences. There were still some respectable times set after that. Also new were Aaron and sperger, who both put in good first runs. The only real battle was for 3rd between Macd and LCD, the Greek lead until stage 7, where the Scotsman took over the position. Having a very irratic event was BruceD, setting some very good times inbetween some very big accidents! Eventually he finished last, miles behind and the only person in the whole field to use a superRally (actually he used 3!). :(

OMV took the teams victory by nearly 14min in the end. So NeverKnow and Francis44 go into Portugal level on points with Macd 10pts behind in 3rd, followed by BruceD.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/SweResults.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/SweStageTimes.jpg

Bruce D
17th December 2009, 13:38
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/Champ.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/Teams2.jpg

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/BruceD77/WRC1-1.jpg

This may be the last time we seen some of you this year, so Merry Christmas and I wish everyone all the best for the New Year. Maybe 2010 be a happy and successful year for you all!

See you all in Portugal, which will be the first of the mix-surface events for the season. Also in January I will announce the calendar for the South African Internet Rally Championship, which will run from March until October.

lcd
17th December 2009, 14:05
Gongrats to all for finishing!!! :D
Welldone NeverKnow for winning this!
Nice to have 2 drivers In 1st place, from the beginning of season2!
Good battles there Macd! You deserved the 3rd place!
I'm very happy with the results;It's been a rough around here lately,
and I'm happy I didn't miss this event! It was tough, just like the real thing!
Looking forward to the next round!

Have a rallying Christmas and a great new year!

NeverKnow
17th December 2009, 14:25
I'm very happy for the victory, my second in the championship and on my least favourite surface.
It has been good performance from the team during the whole rally. Pre-event testing really paid off on this event.

Will the rallybook be made available for this rally?

Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Bruce D
17th December 2009, 14:45
Sorry, forgot the link to the results book! STOOOPID!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gzn0jyzdmwm

sperger
17th December 2009, 17:38
That was fun. I'm so pleased that I didn't come last ven though I was miles off the winners' pace. Congratulations to NeverKnow, Francis44 and MacD for the wins and thanks to BruceD for all of your hard work. See you all in the new year if anyone will let me drive a rally car after my performance in Sweden.

Francis44
17th December 2009, 18:52
Awesome win by NeverKnow, congratulations. Im very happy myself because im improving on snow and that's important.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!!!!

Bruce D
18th December 2009, 05:27
Paul writes:

I am suprised and disappointed at my performance. i could have done a
whole lot better as i did not even practice any of the stages, hence
the offs. newbobs was bad for me and then the one where i lost over 4
minutes. i was doing it all in one go to get my times in and finished
the last leg at 2 in the morning. So i hope to have a better run in
the next one. cheers

Bruce D
18th December 2009, 05:28
BTW can anyone help me with some setup advice? I notice from videos that guys like LCD can slide the car into a corner and then it grips and drives out straight, whereas mine tends to just carry on sliding. Is there anything in the setup I can try to change?

NeverKnow
18th December 2009, 07:24
BTW can anyone help me with some setup advice? I notice from videos that guys like LCD can slide the car into a corner and then it grips and drives out straight, whereas mine tends to just carry on sliding. Is there anything in the setup I can try to change?
Using softer anti-rollbars should help. This allows more weight transfer betweeen wheels and puts more traction on the outside wheels and decrease the sliding.

Bruce D
18th December 2009, 11:09
Was one of my first tricks but didn't really have much effect. I'm also battling to get used to the 5 speed gearbox. Will come right.

NeverKnow
18th December 2009, 12:51
You could try stage like Joux Verte on snow and drive back and forth between the hairpins till you learn when the car starts to slide and when it grips. Maybe more front torque might help as well.

Bruce D
18th December 2009, 13:38
Was thinking it might be a diff setting, yeah. Will look at a few things. No point developing a snow setting, I'm working on gravel settings now. My snow setup did kinda work, judging from my good stage times.