PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox: Sicko killer or innocent lamb?

Jag_Warrior
6th December 2009, 21:59
I haven't really followed this case closely. But I did hear that she and her ex-boyfriend were convicted of abusing and murdering her roommate, Meredith Kercher, and they've both been sentenced to 26 years in an Italian prison.

Not much info on the case, but from what I read, some really sick things were done to the victim before she was killed. And IMO, if it's pretty clear that Knox was involved in that, the fact that she's an American and a girl should NOT cause the U.S. State Dept. to waste even one second of time on her. Let her rot in jail for the next 26 years. But if there's something that I don't know and there is some amount of reasonable doubt, then... :dozey:

gloomyDAY
6th December 2009, 22:01
I doubt this chick even got a fair trial. Just feed her to the lions.

Either way I can't wait for her to get out of prison.
Can you imagine the p*** she's going to make? Amanda C*** Knoxxxing.

markabilly
7th December 2009, 06:06
Given the I-talian cops are even a bigger joke than the hillbilly rednecks of Mississippi, I have reasonable doubt, et extremis.....read about the original suspect and then the second suspect and how the cops let them slip away. Instead they go for some big sensationalist type story that adds enough BS to get a conviction.

Only solid evidence is a spot of DNA, but given this was where she lived, DNA should be expected to be found on objects in the same living quarters

Real problem is that women will kill, and kill in very cold blooded fashion a rival
but they are not known to do it in this fashion, which has all the indication of a male who is a bit anti-social (ie psycho), and probably a borderline serial killer.

Now if it were poison, and something quick like a gunshot, then maybe....but nasty violent stabbings and torture is not the style of a woman killer, even female serial killers do not do that

leopard
7th December 2009, 07:19
I doubt this chick even got a fair trial. Just feed her to the lions.

The lion will not automatically want to eat her, he becomes very selective now... ;)

Sonic
7th December 2009, 10:04
It doesn't look like the strongest conviction based on that assumption Markabilly, however just because women are not generally known to kill in such a manner does not mean it hasnt/won't happen. Also whilst the worlds media have gone to town on this "black widow" crazed woman killer story her ex-boyfriend has also been convicted for 25 years so the style of killing isn't really that valid as a defense or prosecution.

Obviously I haven't attended the trial nor have I sat down and read a full summary of the courtroom events, however she has been convicted by a Jury and no matter what might be said about the Italian justice system the defense could not convince the jury of doubt. That's good enough for me.

Bezza
7th December 2009, 12:55
There was clearly something going on, and although the Italian government, police and general way of life is decidedly corrupt I believe they have put away the right people. Knox and Sollecito's actions during the trials are very strange considering they are supposed to be defending themselves.

26 years is about right and I don't think we will see the celebrity culture for her when she comes out (probably after 15 years or so) - we will all have forgotten then, apart from of course the poor family of Meredith.

Jag_Warrior
7th December 2009, 16:48
Well that woman in California molested a little girl, murdered her and stuffed her body in a suitcase, I believe. And that Canadian girl, Karla Homolka, got a light plea bargain sentence because the prosecutors were fooled into thinking that a "pretty girl" wouldn't be an active participant in a string of sex crimes and vicious murders. Then (after her sweetheart deal was cut) they found some tapes and saw that she was doing things to some of the girls (her own sister being one of the victims), while Paul Bernardo wasn't even around. So while women may not have a tendency to do things like this, that doesn't make it an impossibility. So what does the actual evidence say?

With that said, I still don't know very much about the actual case. I did see on the news last night that the knife in question doesn't seem to match the wounds (according to Knox's lawyers). Plus, her police interview was not taped, as it was supposed to have been. I think she's now suggesting that the cops beat or coerced the incriminating statements from her. Who knows the truth (other than her and her boyfriend)???

Jag_Warrior
7th December 2009, 16:53
26 years is about right and I don't think we will see the celebrity culture for her when she comes out (probably after 15 years or so) - we will all have forgotten then, apart from of course the poor family of Meredith.

Mainly because one of the defendants is a female... and she's an American with access to money, I'm also concerned that Knox is going to be made out to be the victim, and everybody is going to forget about Meredith Kercher.