PDA

View Full Version : WRC 09 Review DVD is 7 Hours long!!!

Bruce D
3rd December 2009, 05:39
Just got an email from Duke this morning saying the 2009 WRC review DVD is a 2-disc 7 hour long video! Including tons of extra features, for GBP 19.99. Might be worth getting that in the Xmas stocking...

Helstar
3rd December 2009, 05:57
Yawn.

Langdale Forest
3rd December 2009, 07:09
Will have to wait til christmas.

GigiGalliNo1
3rd December 2009, 07:30
I think 2nd disc is just bonus!

Hope next year they will sell the WRC on HD DVD :D

I have from a 2 GB file of WRC 2009..... just rally's about 1 hour long...

Simmi
3rd December 2009, 10:59
It wouldn't surprise me if the review itself is still reasonably short. Should be better than the few previous ones at least.

It's a shame they couldn't release 7 hour DVDs when the championship was a bit more interesting.

sal
3rd December 2009, 11:19
i'm hoping it's not just full of rehashes of Access All Areas programmes with shots of the crews racing slot cars against each other...

Simmi
3rd December 2009, 11:32
i'm hoping it's not just full of rehashes of Access All Areas programmes with shots of the crews racing slot cars against each other...

I don't see what else it can be to be honest. I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 2-hour review of the year. Then you have probably a decent sprinkling of onboards. If there's about 12 onboards then that will be probably just over 2 hours worth of footage.

I'm hoping someone at ISC could be bothered editing together full PWRC/JWRC review pieces. Maybe if we are lucky though they will do a 'best of the celebrity rally fans' featurette with all the various guests Dave have had this year. And they could play a game where they each have to try and actually name three rally drivers.

Langdale Forest
3rd December 2009, 17:14

It would be a http://writtenwyrdd.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ef251c5883301156f168d04970c-320wiif it was Dave coverage.

Langdale Forest
3rd December 2009, 17:17
I don't see what else it can be to be honest. I'd say we'd be lucky to get a 2-hour review of the year. Then you have probably a decent sprinkling of onboards. If there's about 12 onboards then that will be probably just over 2 hours worth of footage.

Onboards are pointles on the DVD because there are hundreds on youtube.

Simmi
3rd December 2009, 17:40
Onboards are pointles on the DVD because there are hundreds on youtube.

Yeah I've made it clear on here I am not the biggest fan of onboards. But if they are in DVD quality then that is a step up from youtube. I've got a good sized telly too so im more inclined to watch them.

SubaruNorway
3rd December 2009, 17:59
Got the dvd today and had a quick peek. Each rally is 30min and the 30 min bonus footage is stuff that's been in the preview shows, so nothing special really.

Simmi
3rd December 2009, 18:50
30mins per event is still very decent though for a season review. The past few years have hardly been comprehensive.

Juha_Koo
3rd December 2009, 18:53
Got the dvd today and had a quick peek. Each rally is 30min and the 30 min bonus footage is stuff that's been in the preview shows, so nothing special really.

Any idea about onboards?

SubaruNorway
3rd December 2009, 18:54
Any idea about onboards?

Can't see anything.

Langdale Forest
3rd December 2009, 21:17

Not quite a
http://www.readthesmiths.com/articles/Images/Humor/Fail/1FAIL.jpg

Langdale Forest
10th January 2010, 18:05
lol

The DVD is good.