PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Facebook?

NickFalzone
2nd December 2009, 15:19
I'd like to add some Indycar fans to my account, check in on possible meetups at races, best seats, etc.

Chamoo
2nd December 2009, 15:45
I'd like to add some Indycar fans to my account, check in on possible meetups at races, best seats, etc.

The best way to keep up with that stuff is probably Twitter. I know they are organizing things right now on twitter, the WinterIndy Tweetup comes to mind. A bunch of Indycar fans meeting in Indy in January I believe.

Twitter is the way to go for this kind of thing Nick, atleast in my opinion.

harvick#1
2nd December 2009, 17:37
yes I'm on facebook,

look up Steve paryl

garyshell
2nd December 2009, 18:25
The best way to keep up with that stuff is probably Twitter. I know they are organizing things right now on twitter, the WinterIndy Tweetup comes to mind. A bunch of Indycar fans meeting in Indy in January I believe.

Twitter is the way to go for this kind of thing Nick, atleast in my opinion.

Twittter is so transient though. No way to set up any sort of ongoing information archive or anything like that. I think for day of event person to person or broadcast communications twitter might make sense. But for community building and requisite communications I think Facebook fills the bill a bit more.

Gary

P.S. I am on Facebook as Gary Shell

SarahFan
2nd December 2009, 18:52
if the first guy to pop up is you Gary you look just as i pictured you....

gotta edit my post.... your not the first guy to pop up... but about the fourth?

because thats straight where i went when i saw the pic

Chamoo
2nd December 2009, 19:25
Yea, I just recommend Twitter because there are hundreds of IRL fans and drivers and teams and management that post on there more then hourly. It's the best place to talk IRL in 140 characters or less.

garyshell
2nd December 2009, 19:43
if the first guy to pop up is you Gary you look just as i pictured you....

gotta edit my post.... your not the first guy to pop up... but about the fourth?

because thats straight where i went when i saw the pic

Now that is scary thought. ...big ol' grin...

Gary

drewdawg727
3rd December 2009, 01:35
Andrew Z Wood here if anybody wants to request me!

NickFalzone
3rd December 2009, 03:52
Drew I might add u bro but there's like 15 andrew z's. Then I looked at your age, and still couldn't figure out which. Are you USMC? there's another dude on a motorcycle.