PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Back On Uk Tv

Bev_Alvin
22nd February 2007, 12:55
Hi All
I have just picked this up from NASN web Page
NASCAR Racing
LIVE NASCAR Nextel Cup returns to NASN on Sunday February 25th and will air on Setanta Sports Ireland (Sky Channel 434 in UK and 429 in ROI). Tune in at 8pm for all the exciting racing action from the Auto Club 500. Check back here on nasn.com for further announcements about additional motor sport programming on NASN.

Happy Viewing Everybody

RaikkonenRules
22nd February 2007, 13:06
I don't have NASN so I'll have to make do with my TVU like I did for the Daytona 500.

Bev_Alvin
22nd February 2007, 13:28
Sorry RR just assumed all peeps were commenting on the coverage re NASN, if you dont have Sky or Cable where its available as an additional subscription channel then yes your stuffed. Having said that we watched the 500 on Sunday via TVU and it was excellent apart from the ad breaks every 5 mins but hey we will suffer most things to get our fix of NASCAR. Have you been to Rockingham in Corby to watch the SCSA the nearest we get in the UK to NASCAR we have been going since it opened in 2001 and whilst the field is nowhere as big as NASCAR its still pretty good stuff.
Cheers

Daytona Demon
22nd February 2007, 13:30
We tried to watch it on TVU on my laptop but gave up as got too frustrating with the frame freezing all the time.

Ending up biting the bullet and watching delyed coverage on channel 5,not bad at all,although did feel the commentators could have been a little bit more knowledgeable,but least we got to see it,even though very very tired in the office in the next day,but WORTH EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

gary_580
22nd February 2007, 13:35
The message is ambiguous. Will it be on NASN and Setanta Sports Ireland for irish viewers or will it only be on Setanta sports ireland only?

gary_580
22nd February 2007, 13:38
We tried to watch it on TVU on my laptop but gave up as got too frustrating with the frame freezing all the time.

I'm suprised at that. When we view FOX on TVU after its been running about 5 mins we never get a single drop out. However watching Wheels channel on TVU is bad for drop outs

BobGarage
22nd February 2007, 13:41
The message is ambiguous. Will it be on NASN and Setanta Sports Ireland for irish viewers or will it only be on Setanta sports ireland only?

It will be on channel "Setanta Sports Ireland" which is a channel available through the setanta package on Sky in the UK (Wales, Scotland, England etc). Can't remember what sky channel number it is off the top of my head but I have watched a few magners league rugby games on the channel this season.

gary_580
22nd February 2007, 15:38
It will be on channel "Setanta Sports Ireland" which is a channel available through the setanta package on Sky in the UK (Wales, Scotland, England etc). Can't remember what sky channel number it is off the top of my head but I have watched a few magners league rugby games on the channel this season.

Has it been confirmed that it WONT be on NASN then?

I dont have Setanta Ireland as i subscribe through cable and only get NASN. I know i can get the other Setanta channels but i dont want to make a noise and have to pay the £5 per month extra if i dont need the Setanta channels. Also, i dont believe Setanta Ireland is available to cable subscribers.

colinspooky
22nd February 2007, 16:05
Also, i dont believe Setanta Ireland is available to cable subscribers.

That's the bit I am worried about - I don't have Sky. I am on Virgin Media, which used to be Telewest ---- am panicking.

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 17:40
Why didn't you just watch the Daytona 500 on Channel 5 ?

gary_580
22nd February 2007, 18:29
Why didn't you just watch the Daytona 500 on Channel 5 ?

Because it wasnt live

GARYGAZZA
22nd February 2007, 20:13
Im on virgin media and i dont think we can get setanta ireland.Last year when NASN moved races over to NASN2 you had to pay an extra £5 to subscribe to setanta just to watch the final 8 races.Unfortunatly they did not show the 1st of those 8 on cable because SKY http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif would not give cable the right to watch.Sky just seem to have control over everything,hopefully Virgin will have a say in that.Thank for the people who put me on to tvu.As Gary 580 said fox did not freeze after a few minutes in fact i ended up with it running at 780mb.Could someone direct me to the thread about downloading race on to computer.

gary_580
22nd February 2007, 20:34
Im on virgin media and i dont think we can get setanta ireland.Last year when NASN moved races over to NASN2 you had to pay an extra £5 to subscribe to setanta just to watch the final 8 races.Unfortunatly they did not show the 1st of those 8 on cable because SKY http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif would not give cable the right to watch.Sky just seem to have control over everything,hopefully Virgin will have a say in that.Thank for the people who put me on to tvu.As Gary 580 said fox did not freeze after a few minutes in fact i ended up with it running at 780mb.Could someone direct me to the thread about downloading race on to computer.

Last year it was the final 10 races not 8 IIRC, the isssue was not with Sky at all it was the incompetance of Setanta in that initially they forgot that Rangers TV didnt trasmit after midnight and then for 2 of the last 3 races they had technical issues when they tried to get it to transmit after midnight

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 22:09
Because it wasnt live

Fair point.

As i'm only a newbie in terms of watching NASCAR (As in that was my first one) I did not find the delayed coverage much of a problem.

But I know all to well that if you are a big fan of a championship and have to wait for TV coverage it's very annoying. As a BTCC fan I used to have to wait a whole week to see the race highlights. Fortunately now they're all live.

SOD
23rd February 2007, 02:39
The only setanta channel I get is setanta sports ireland. They show a premiership football game every forghtnight and F1. I assume that the premiership & F1 is blocked out in the UK.

NASCAR8
23rd February 2007, 10:31
NASCAR is my FAVE sport but i cancelled NASN last week coz i said i was not going to hang on paying £14 per month untill ESPN take over in the summer.
Now NASN have put NASCAR back on i am not sure i will go back to NASN right away coz TVU is great....And FREE! :vader: :vader:

gary_580
23rd February 2007, 13:43
Cable viewers will NOT be able to watch NASCAR by the looks of this email ive received. Having just spoken to Matthew he has said this "should" be resolved for race 3

Thanks for your email.

I can confirm that the NASCAR Nextel Cup will be broadcast on Setanta
Ireland (Sky channel 434 in the UK / channel 429 in Europe). It will be
presented on Setanta Irelands as a special primetime edition of NASN2.

As the negotiations have only recently concluded, we are still
confirming exact details and we will post these on the website as soon
as they are confirmed.

I hope that helps.

Regards
Matthew
NASN Ltd.

pwb
23rd February 2007, 13:59
Cable viewers will NOT be able to watch NASCAR by the looks of this email ive received. Having just spoken to Matthew he has said this "should" be resolved for race 3

Thanks for your email.

I can confirm that the NASCAR Nextel Cup will be broadcast on Setanta
Ireland (Sky channel 434 in the UK / channel 429 in Europe). It will be
presented on Setanta Irelands as a special primetime edition of NASN2.

As the negotiations have only recently concluded, we are still
confirming exact details and we will post these on the website as soon
as they are confirmed.

I hope that helps.

Regards
Matthew
NASN Ltd.

Unless you are on cable in Ireland, where you wil be able to see it.

GARYGAZZA
23rd February 2007, 20:29
Think I will wait before I subscribe to NASN and watch it on tvu.

gary_580
23rd February 2007, 22:26
Think I will wait before I subscribe to NASN and watch it on tvu.

Good plan, you wont get race 2 on cable any how and with the past history of Setanta the fact that they say it will be resolved by race 3 for cable viewers i would take with a LARGE pinch of salt

oily oaf
24th February 2007, 10:57
Anyone know if Ch 5 will be airing delayed coverage? I've just scanned feverishly through today's TV guide but no joy :(

However as these guides go to print about 5 years before the actual date of screening I'm living in hope :)

colinspooky
24th February 2007, 11:08
Anyone know if Ch 5 will be airing delayed coverage?

Got this from them - may help you

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding NASCAR coverage on Five.

We do hold the rights to highlights coverage of the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup and this programme is being transmitted on Five as part of our regular late night sports programming. We do not hold the rights to coverage of any other NASCAR series. However, your interest has been noted.

We do not hold the rights to any ‘live’ or ‘as live’ races.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

oily oaf
24th February 2007, 11:46
Got this from them - may help you

Dear Chris

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding NASCAR coverage on Five.

We do hold the rights to highlights coverage of the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup and this programme is being transmitted on Five as part of our regular late night sports programming. We do not hold the rights to coverage of any other NASCAR series. However, your interest has been noted.

We do not hold the rights to any ‘live’ or ‘as live’ races.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Thanks mate. I owe you one :)

I thought it was a bit rude of the Channel 5 guy to shout at you like that though.

I mean to say you were only asking fer Chrissake ;)