PDA

View Full Version : Stefan GP is trying to cut into F1!

gloomyDAY
28th November 2009, 03:10
Finally, my dream is about to come true.

One of the most history rich teams on this little planet is vying to find a spot in Formula 1. How I have so mightily desired to see Zoran Stefanovich run a team to victory on the grid.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80357

DexDexter
28th November 2009, 08:40
I wonder if Andrea Moda is still looking for a spot? What about Eurobrun? :D

DazzlaF1
28th November 2009, 14:57
I wonder if Andrea Moda is still looking for a spot? What about Eurobrun? :D

Or Life :D

Easy Drifter
29th November 2009, 00:40
Drivers to be the two J.V.'s? :eek:

christophulus
18th December 2009, 14:07
They haven't given up you know:

The Serbian-based Stefan Grand Prix team plans to test its Formula 1 car throughout 2010 if it is not successful in securing an entry for next year's championship.

AUTOSPORT understands that team chief Zoran Stefanovic is due to meet with Toyota Motorsport president John Howett this weekend in a bid to finalise a deal for his outfit to take over the design of the Japanese manufacturer's original 2010 car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80619

Dr. Krogshöj
18th December 2009, 15:04
I was always optimistic about the chance so of US F1 but even I am getting worried about them now. So Stefan GP may have a shot at F1 in 2010.

If they get the green light, I hope they put Milos Pavlovic to one of their cars and a couple of thousands of Serbian fans come to the Hungarian Grand Prix. They might partly offset the major hit caused by the absence of Kimi and the legions of Finnish fans.

maximilian
18th December 2009, 16:14
This group seems to be well-funded and highly motivated to enter, so here is another case of "let them in if they are able and willing" where I don't agree with the 13-team limit. Would make sense to pick up the Toyota pieces and run with it. They seem to be a better prospect than USF1 at this point, but I hope we'll see all of them on a 28-car grid in 2010.

V12
18th December 2009, 17:04
Good for them!

And yeah just scrap the 13 team limit, I agree 26 cars and 13 teams is probably the most desirable size, but it's surely better to be over-subscribed than under-subscribed (which they will be if USF1 doesn't happen and SGP are left hanging too long).

F1 managed just fine with as many as 20 teams in 1989, and we constantly keep hearing how they want to bring teams operations down to the size of the "late 80s/early 90s"...so there's no excuse. Bring back pre-qualifying if they have to.

In an overpacked entry the weaker teams will probably wither and die naturally, but I'd rather that sort of process than the un-transparent FIA "slot" selection process.

VkmSpouge
18th December 2009, 17:59
If Stefan are able to secure the designs to the Toyota that would be a bit of a coup for them, if another team were to drop I would guess Stefan would then be in pole position to fill the slot.

ioan
18th December 2009, 18:18
It looks like they are more serious about being in F1 than the US based joke1 team.

DazzlaF1
18th December 2009, 20:27
This seems a long time ago now

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid626910340?bctid=35108777001

El Libertador
18th December 2009, 22:35
According to Windsor, Team US F1 has been in the works since 2005. Oh wait, 1996. Oh wait, 1980-something when he first met Ken.

Regardless of whatever random year Windsor talks about, they still have as much accomplished as they did then. It's easy to find their factory on Google Maps. It's laughable.

I don't have much confidence in Stefan Grand Prix, but I'd much rather see them give it a go over Team US F1. They both seem a bit too nativist for my tastes, but at least one will put a car out there (maybe), while the other has no chance and never really did.

Having 13 teams wouldn't be bad, and I bet Stefan are the only way to really accomplish that...though I do wonder why Lola are still working on their chassis.